Land Area and creating mob DNA's to add to them

Xanato Xan Kaso

Stalker
Society
The Frozen Flame
Xanato Xan Kaso
Okay so I did a little searching and couldn't find answers and when I asked friends they did not have any satisfying answers either.

So I have all these DNA A,B,C etc and when I put items in a refiner like Atrox bones etc, it shows that some combination of these things will allow you to create the DNA's used for Land Areas.

So how exactly does this work, is there a guide for this somewhere?

Lets say I acquired a land area and it had no mobs on it. And I wanted to put some there. What exactly is needed to make a mob DNA. and what am I missing? Because I tried all sorts of combinations and could not figure out how it worked. And I only used atrox as an example as they are the mob I had the most different part types for.

I don't own a land area. but I still want to understand the process of creating mob DNA to put into LA's. I would greatly appreciate an explanation of how this works.
Thankyou.

P.S. I am offering 100 ped for the best response that is well thought out and explains things in an easy to understand walkthrough/wiki page type format. After a week or so, I will choose the response I like best and quote it here and contact that player to give them the reward. Or you can make your own guide thread and link it here. Threads created before this post do not qualify. I am offering this as a gift for spending your time answering my question and I am not obligated to give someone the reward if the responses are not satisfactory. (Mods if you read this and my 100 ped reward/gift somehow is against the rules, just delete everything after the P.S and leave the rest of my post stand instead of locking and deleting it, thank you)

Usually there are one or two very rare parts required to make a DNA, that are so rare that only one or two may EVER drop. These parts have gone in the past upwards of 100K PED.

For your attempt at atrox DNA, you are missing Atrox Eye

Each mob has a dna recipe. You place the raw ingredients in a refiner and provided you have the complete recipe with the right ingredients and right amounts you get the mob DNA. For example for an Atrox DNA place the following in a refiner and refine:
Ingredient , quantity
Atrox Bone , 3
Atrox Claw , 3
Atrox Eye , 1
Atrox Fang , 6
DNA Fragment C , 4

So how do you find the recipe's for various mobs? If an Eye was to drop would it show up as a rare find, or would it just be like any other atrox part and i tt it because i never saw it before?

You can get recipes from the website Sherwood listed above: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Refining

or you can try by trial and error looking at the messages given in refiner when you try. This is much harder and also keep in mind I think you have to start with the minimum amounts as any extra ingredients are just lost.

So if you loot one of the rare parts such as the eye, does the game give you a global or something for an item discovery or similar?? or is it possible a person who knows nothing about dna just tts it because its just another atrox part? (this question applies to all the rare parts for the making dna for whatever mob)

It probably does, but you can always check the market price.

If the item sales history shows 10 items sold with a MU of 10k PED, it’s probably the rare one.

If it shows 100k sold with a MU of 1 PED, it is probably not.

Back