Laptop with Intel Graphics thingy.. So no EU?

BruuD

Elite
Society
Ex Cons
Ace "BruuD" of Spades
Due a surgery on my beatifull butt i'm not able to sit on it for some time.
Now i'm lying on a bed with a laptop in front of me, happy cause i can finally login to EU again :)
I stood in TI service center and everything looked fine until i walked outside.
There was nothing outside the SC :confused:
Appearantly this graphics card is not supported...
Is there anything i can do about it, some kind of work-around?
This thing appears to have some Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver thing.
I'm not really into the hardware, can i just try to install GeForce drivers or is that a bad idea? :rolleyes:

Plz help, i haven't shot a mob for almost a week!!

Eaaaaaaaaaaaaasy there... first of all, do explain the butt thing!!! :wise: Have you got implants? Are they nice and firm? :D :naughty:

As for the laptop, oh well, I'm in almost the same situation. I see everything ok (I think!) indoors but I am missing almost all vegetation and texture on the outside, no matter how high I set up terrain quality control. I can only see the rocks and that's about it, no trees for me when I play from the lappie. My gcard is an Intel too and I constantly wonder if there's anything I could do so I can have the nice vegetation. Haven't found an answer yet, so pardon me for hijacking your thread but I am VERY curious to see if someone has a suggestion.

P.S. gratz on your new butt. Post a loot pic in the HoF section, perhaps? :yup:

Do NOT install the GeForce drivers or the ATI drivers. You can attempt to update the Intel drivers, but you may not have much luck. Most Intel chipsets are not supported, although some work. I've logged into EU before with an Intel onboard chipset, but it was a desktop. The laptop I'm on now has an ATI Radeon IGP chipset, which sucks, but I boosted the RAM in the system, so its not bad.

How much RAM do you have in the system?

I run the same problem w/my *cough cough* work desktop, ok so it's not a laptop but it's running and Intel 82865G graphics controller which also isn't supported and will CTD 10 sec after logging into the world.

Second, the solution i found that makes it tolerable...i can remote access into my home SUPER computer ( :) ) and can play at work. Does that make any sense, no work when i connect directly but remote access and the game works.

Maybe that's an option for you...i use Dameware for remote capabilities and i can play decent...have to turn off sounds & all options in the CL...but it works.

Hope your Azz feels better!!! :laugh: :laugh:

I'm pretty sure it's just the ground that the intel onboard shizer can't display. I spent 6 months running around shooting hills instead of mobs and running through thick undergrowth wondering why my team mates were so slow to target mobs.

I ended up upgrading :rolleyes:

You can try looking for third party drivers through google. There may have been a set written to emulate an ATI card, but I highly doubt it. Most of the Intel Graphic Chip Set are crap!

Thx for the tips guys!

The onboard chip simply isn't able to store the minimum information necessary to display the objects EU needs to load to be displayed correctly. I'd say the minumum is a graphics card with 128MB memory, and your onboard chip might have 16 at best.

Amethera terrain is invisible but Eudoria terrain is displayed good.
Appearantly Amethera is to complex for the gfx card, so eudoria hunting only for me right now :laugh:

Back