Less TT = Less Efficiency in Mining?

DesertKrow

Dominant
Society
NBK Miners
Venym DesertKrow Deth
Ive seen a lot of new and old threads about how less TT on an item = less efficiency. For example armors, the less tt value the less the protection, and few others on Scopes, lasers, few more i dont recall atm.

Now this got me thinking what about unlimited Mining Gear? The OF101-105, MF 101-105, Ore miners, i doubt this would apply to (L) items, so i wouldn't count them in. Could this be the reason some ppl just don't do well in mining? Any thoughts, experiences?

:laugh: you're joking right? how can you even test this to prove one way or other?

:laugh: i know you cant test this but since most of the unlimited gear that can be tested ends up being true then could this apply to mining gear?

i guess play it save and make your itemz full TT

I know I never fully repair my 103 equipment, and I have the
same range of luck mining, and can hit the occasional depth
of close to 4 times Average Search Depth. The MF-103 was
given to me by a society mate, and was full TT, and didn't
do any better with it at full TT. Otherwise, not sure how
this can really be tested :scratch2:

Oh well, good luck out there :wtg:

[...] most of the unlimited gear that can be tested ends up being true [...]

*sigh*

Not true.

The only case that has been remotely verified is for armor. Unlimited armor decreases only in protection when damaged, not in efficiency. It doesn't decay more per protection when damaged, which is what would decrease its efficiency.

ive never had a full tt unlimited finder, i guess the way to test would be a 100 finds on a low tt 105 and then full tt, hmm sounds like im going to start collecting some new data from now on

ive never had a full tt unlimited finder, i guess the way to test would be a 100 finds on a low tt 105 and then full tt, hmm sounds like im going to start collecting some new data from now on

I'm really not sure how that is going to prove anything. Is this
going to be in the same area, same time of day, an area with
a high respawn rate, an area that someone didn't just go through :scratch2:

Then there is also the person luck factor, I know I was in a serious
low return phase for too long :( Then all of a sudden things get
better for a short while (never lasts long enough, just have to keep
plugging away while the Iron is hot ;) )

Now get out there and get some great claims ;)

I'm really not sure how that is going to prove anything. Is this
going to be in the same area, same time of day, an area with
a high respawn rate, an area that someone didn't just go through :scratch2:

Then there is also the person luck factor, I know I was in a serious
low return phase for too long :( Then all of a sudden things get
better for a short while (never lasts long enough, just have to keep
plugging away while the Iron is hot ;) )

Now get out there and get some great claims ;)

well only thing i though of testing was the depth, since the number of finds is most likely impossible, but again this could take a long time. Graphing all finds could show a difference on the average.

I wondered about this also as I mostly mined with a mostly decayed finder,
and eventually learned it doesn't make a difference. The finds after repair won't be bigger ;)

*sigh*

Not true.

The only case that has been remotely verified is for armor. Unlimited armor decreases only in protection when damaged, not in efficiency. It doesn't decay more per protection when damaged, which is what would decrease its efficiency.

:duh: thx for clear this up

i always run around with full tt equipment.. just incase it does help + can't lose my peds when it's in items ^^

with the limited stuff.. i've used quite a lot of (L) finders.. never noticed worse return when tt went down

Wouldn't matter a lot if you would try 100 or 10 bombs..... you see nothing with that small amount.
Maybe with 10k bombs you could get a better view of the effect.
If you want to eliminate the effect of area/time I suggest you try with 2 finders switching every drop.

Wouldn't matter a lot if you would try 100 or 10 bombs..... you see nothing with that small amount.
Maybe with 10k bombs you could get a better view of the effect.
If you want to eliminate the effect of area/time I suggest you try with 2 finders switching every drop.

well i have alot of finds with low tt of-105, i will full repair it now and record all of the finds and maybe in a few k drops ill graph them and see wat happens, thx ppl for all your great input :wtg:

i can say that i ran around with my 105 finder for a very long time from about 1.6k pros-2.4k pros before opting to keep all my items fully repaired and i can not say that there is a great difference although my biggest hofs have come with it fully repaired (although also with greater skill) remember that repair terminal contribute to the loot pool thus increasing everyones chance of globaling

Back