Life after 2 months in PE

Gotham's Finest

Guardian
Society
Alpha WildD3amons
Gotham's Finest
Having chosen hunting as my main passtime it has been a requirement to deposit a couple of times to satisfy this activity and to date this totals $50. Living in the UK this equates to £31 an amount NOT unnaceptable to pay for such an indepth, challenging gaming experience like PE.

Any newbie reading this thinking it's too expensive to play etc. etc. .... in my opinion is playing it wrong!

(I await your angry responses)

I beleive this is a game not to be rushed. It's clever relationship with skills and usuable items, for example weapons, means that if you want to shortcut the learning process then it's going to be an expensive one.

After 7 weeks in, my rifle skills are at 1260, my aim is coming along nicley as are most of my cobat related skills. I hunted from almost day 1 but In hindsight I wished I had spent a little more time sweating as this gives you a couple of extra peds to equip with.

Having reached most of the Teleport locations - just Twin Peaks (damn Atrax) and Minopolis,NymphTown to go, I spend my days still hunting low end mobs (snablesnot,combibo,Exo's,snarksnot) and am still skilling well with my Opalo + A103.

By keeping my goals realistic I have managed to return a slight gain in Peds this week (I don't like the word profit - after all this is a game) - whilst building my skills, knowledge of the game and a storage locker full of loot.

I'd love to get out of the orange jumpsuit, or go hunting uber mobs but I am also appreciative of the complexity of the game to realise that this will come in time. I'm having great fun even on the low end mobs and cannot wait for my first global. Judging by how excited I was after getting 16peds from a Corn the other day and a 18ped haul from a Snablesnot female Alpha last night then you can bet I'll be playing PE for some time to come.

By moving around the teleports and looking for mobs 'out or their usual locations' or selecting only certain maturities I have managed to bag a number of good loots from easy targets. I suggest that with Pixie armour, a TT Opalo and $10 worth of ammo - every newbie should be able to progress as I have done.

keep the faith - those global/hof days are not far away.

Good post!

Gotham's Finest said:
I beleive this is a game not to be rushed. It's clever relationship with skills and usuable items, for example weapons, means that if you want to shortcut the learning process then it's going to be an expensive one.

Yes, I think this is quite crucial :) Average time a player uses on a MMORPG is 6 months, so I guess people are kinda used to be advancing rather fast, while in PE rushing the gameplay often shows itself to be one step forward two step backwards, if you know what I mean..

Rep for you, and keep the spirit. :)

That´s the spirit!!!
Good aproach to begin in PE, as i wich i had wen started(would been much cheaper) :D

Good luck in your hunts

Nice one!

If you have Caravan tp you can swim to minopolis or run along the coast/swim easy enough. Probably can do similar from minopolis to nymph. Twin peaks you could swim up from troy i think.

When you get tired of the mobs you're hunting I'd imagine you should be able to take on Cornuncauda Mature (North of Fort Argus) and Young-Provider Berycleds etc.

Nice to hear a positive report :)

If only I had read this thread before I first deposited LOL

I burned through PED too fast when i first deposited (i bought a god damn Marber Bravo for heavens sake at only 500 rifle skill LMAO)

I must congratulate you on your patience for as I described I just jumped right in there and have only learned the value of sticking with in your skill region (after a bravo and a starkhov as-98 i finally got an opalo at about 2k rifle)

BUT thankfully most noobs buy the uber guns straight away and start contributing to the lootpool LOL j/k

Gratz to ya m8 and i hope to see u post ur first global on this site soon :p

What can i say more ? Good post
You have what it takes to be a PE player and not just tester/quiter like most of the beginners
Hope it works good for you ... GL!

Congrats to you

I have done exactly as you have with this fine game . With 1 large exception I got myself a great mentor . But basicly i have done much the same as Gotham's Finest and because of this I am really enjoying the game . I have decided to deposit 40 us to the game for hunting and will try mining later . But I believe the best part of this game is right here on these forums . I have learned so much and enjoyed the hunting stories as much as I have playing the game. Scam and her fellow moderators and all those that contribute to this forum help make PE enjoyable . Thanx to all of you . and best of luck in gam Gotham's Finest hope to see you in game ... :cool:

Back