Look here if ur loosing badly (Not Whiny)

Status
Good post Hally, but does it bother anyone else that we have to think this much now?

To me hunting of all things should be simple:

Buy Equipment that matches your skills
+
Hunt Mobs that is good for your Equipment
=
70-80% Return​

i.e. newb in pixie and axes hunts combibo, exo,bery,dak,sab

Why would anyone invest in this game if only thing he gets back is 70-80 % return????

Try using 3x 109 oreamps, be sure to not hit anything while use them.

Then run to some "ok" mobs and kill a few of them.

Then come tell me there isn't any pool involved ;)

maybe new guys wanna take a look

Thanks Hally - I had missed this the first or second time around. A good read there :)

Hally said:
Next update will be about spotting what mobs to hunt and why i dont have succes with my own findings

Have I missed this one as well??

thanks for posts and rep i apretiate it and no sorry i never got around to making more like this and ofc this isnt the complete truth but should help get some stuff into perspective :)

Last edited:
Hally thanks for the good post,
also Phams post was very logical,
explains the global times when they all appear in a row.

btw: hunting at crazy times with not many ppl on will give you a big loss,
i just did that. Mining is different, for me it was good when no one else is on.

To Loot Areas, ive seen enourmous Caudaturgerus Guardian Hofs, and i believe very very strong they come from the money fired on drones and warriors in the same area. Same i feel for Corns at CP, i fired 500 ped ammo into feffs, was alone for hours, some guys comes, kills a couple of corns and globals ...

Also when a single Server of the cluster is reseted, it was very very bad for me to go back on it alone, at bad daytimes.

Hally you might wanna add in missed shots in the calculation on first post,
i think that matters much much more than a bit of lag, since the poor skilled will miss like every 5th shot maybe ? therefore he will need at least one shot more, my experience is even you have missing sessions where i miss like 4-5 in a row with mk2 untill i newly put the aim on the mob.

Also decay and fap costs are not 10% for everybody, i heal often only 13 health with my fap50, i guess you dont :)
and Evade is very important too since some ppl as mentioned dont really need to wear armor at all.
Including this the poor skilled wannabe ubers calculation will be devastating, and will be what i have experienced back in the days when i did that in a smaller scale haha.

Then come tell me there isn't any pool involved ;)

I dont, but I'll tell you there doesn't have to be any pool involved.

To build a system like this, IMO at least few criterias have to be met:
- It has to be safe from statistical anomalities. (random is out...)
- ...but it still has to look unpredictable. ("plain loot curve" is out)
- Out distribution has to be attached to in distribution at every moment. (decay is for the house, loot pool is out #1)
- Developers of system cant make themselves or other ppl rich by ingame actions (timers are out, even complicated set because they can be simulated. loot pool is out #2. manually placing "sponsored ATH's is out").
- more no loot pool stories to come

Few observations (very easy to verify by yourself. Just dont judge this as shit after 2 kills but within a few long camping session :D):

- Smaller the number of your skill or attribute you gain during killing a mob, smaller will the loot be (compared to current area/phase potential). Check 3 groups; attribute (you will get no loot on average area/phase), supporting combat skill like aim, weapons handling etc. (you will get /2 loot in average area/phase) and "primaries" like rifle, hg and so (you'll get loot of CoK compared to area/phase potential).

Maybe this means, that:
1. You "buy" skills during resource-out (killing) process and subtract half or quarter of the seed loot (ie. this is how "avatar partially affects the loot" quote by Marco), or
2. skillgains are attach to the area/phase/mob.

I'd say its #1, however this is where auction money kicks in. This is the point where extra income is recycled back into loot. They are used to eliminate those fees of skill. That way it wouldn't actually interfere with the core of loot distribution, which i think has been untouched from the beginning. This model would explain why skilling back then (by statements of beta folk) varied from vu to vu. Less extra, less skills.

Same with uber items. At beta stage they were first "wave" of playesrs, who were somewhat equally skilled compared to current situation: 99% of current players' skill totals are less than 50% of last remaining 1%. Every uber item dropped. If system is build so (which i think it is) that "top n% skilled players are worth of imk2", we will wait next drop for some time XD.

- Higher your skills are, slower the cycle of good times vs bad times are. Tho, your bad times will slowly be less bad. I think this as HA in every action you make -- min dmg. You really think MA introduced HA only for killing mobs or rather revealed some aspects of system to ease the forthcoming pain of introducing L weapons? Newbs DID lose too much to make more deposits.

- You frequently get special loots (loot higher than expected) worth exactly resource in (loot tt total) minus decay. Meaning you lose just decay. Sometimes system supports you a little. Markup of generic leather, molisk and foul easily carries you over this one.

- More hunters with mob/area (miners, crafters), faster cycles are. Now, think about overlapping peaks of combined hp of mobs/area and resources used in that location. CP? Aurlis? Kreltings? TI? Hogglos? ATH's? Is that done by timer or loot pool?

I have hunted "unefficiently" with unmaxed gear from HA <2 or so to current HA 6.4 without many uberloots or any deposits, generally opalizing (those were the days) low hp stuff only from 50ped to 300ped on pedcard to get almost minimum starting capital for hunt with real gear (when i didn't want to sell stuff). This is done just by following minor loot peaks @any place rather than rushing after globies of popular places. I know this is not a success story -- but not a rich over night story either.

Oh, got little carried away :laugh:
Just watch your skillgains when pondering if area is worth trying or not. They'll help you. And most important XXXXX XXXXX because XXXX XXX XXXXXX XXXXX, thus reduce empty kills significantly!

P.S.: If my use of parentheses or quotes in this post caused you OD and you vomitted on your Boss/Armani, you can send laundry bill to following address:

Kalanen Consulting
Jarntorget 8
SE 413 04 Gothenburg
Sweden

Kalanen, what were the xxxx words in the last post I did not get that.

The skill gains criteria is interesting, are you saying this will also help avoid empties?

Kalanen, what were the xxxx words in the last post I did not get that.

The skill gains criteria is interesting, are you saying this will also help avoid empties?

I'm not generalising here because I don't rule out the possibility that I'm full of shit, but I personally use skillgains/loot to follow where area is going. I dont want to think how many ATHs ive lost that way, but im on better side anyway. Just check it out :)

xxxxx thing? Kill say 20 same mobs&maturity in a row as fast as you can, keeping close eye what the loot says.

Good post Hally, but does it bother anyone else that we have to think this much now?

To me hunting of all things should be simple:

Buy Equipment that matches your skills
+
Hunt Mobs that is good for your Equipment
=
70-80% Return​

i.e. newb in pixie and axes hunts combibo, exo,bery,dak,sab

thats far to complex!

*click*

*click*

*click*

*click*

*click*

*click*

"This creature didnt carry any loot"

Oops sorry just realised how old this was.

Last edited:
Oops sorry just realised how old this was.

and the whole decay system has also changed over the years :)

MA taking 1pec whenever you equip clothing I.E .

:tongue2:

inb4 locked thread

Lets not forget the highest ATH ever 300k+ went to a 9 month old player using non maxed unl weapon.

I dont, but I'll tell you there doesn't have to be any pool involved.

To build a system like this, IMO at least few criterias have to be met:
- It has to be safe from statistical anomalities. (random is out...)
- ...but it still has to look unpredictable. ("plain loot curve" is out)
- Out distribution has to be attached to in distribution at every moment. (decay is for the house, loot pool is out #1)
- Developers of system cant make themselves or other ppl rich by ingame actions (timers are out, even complicated set because they can be simulated. loot pool is out #2. manually placing "sponsored ATH's is out").
- more no loot pool stories to come

Few observations (very easy to verify by yourself. Just dont judge this as shit after 2 kills but within a few long camping session :D):

- Smaller the number of your skill or attribute you gain during killing a mob, smaller will the loot be (compared to current area/phase potential). Check 3 groups; attribute (you will get no loot on average area/phase), supporting combat skill like aim, weapons handling etc. (you will get /2 loot in average area/phase) and "primaries" like rifle, hg and so (you'll get loot of CoK compared to area/phase potential).

Maybe this means, that:
1. You "buy" skills during resource-out (killing) process and subtract half or quarter of the seed loot (ie. this is how "avatar partially affects the loot" quote by Marco), or
2. skillgains are attach to the area/phase/mob.

I'd say its #1, however this is where auction money kicks in. This is the point where extra income is recycled back into loot. They are used to eliminate those fees of skill. That way it wouldn't actually interfere with the core of loot distribution, which i think has been untouched from the beginning. This model would explain why skilling back then (by statements of beta folk) varied from vu to vu. Less extra, less skills.

Same with uber items. At beta stage they were first "wave" of playesrs, who were somewhat equally skilled compared to current situation: 99% of current players' skill totals are less than 50% of last remaining 1%. Every uber item dropped. If system is build so (which i think it is) that "top n% skilled players are worth of imk2", we will wait next drop for some time XD.

- Higher your skills are, slower the cycle of good times vs bad times are. Tho, your bad times will slowly be less bad. I think this as HA in every action you make -- min dmg. You really think MA introduced HA only for killing mobs or rather revealed some aspects of system to ease the forthcoming pain of introducing L weapons? Newbs DID lose too much to make more deposits.

- You frequently get special loots (loot higher than expected) worth exactly resource in (loot tt total) minus decay. Meaning you lose just decay. Sometimes system supports you a little. Markup of generic leather, molisk and foul easily carries you over this one.

- More hunters with mob/area (miners, crafters), faster cycles are. Now, think about overlapping peaks of combined hp of mobs/area and resources used in that location. CP? Aurlis? Kreltings? TI? Hogglos? ATH's? Is that done by timer or loot pool?

I have hunted "unefficiently" with unmaxed gear from HA <2 or so to current HA 6.4 without many uberloots or any deposits, generally opalizing (those were the days) low hp stuff only from 50ped to 300ped on pedcard to get almost minimum starting capital for hunt with real gear (when i didn't want to sell stuff). This is done just by following minor loot peaks @any place rather than rushing after globies of popular places. I know this is not a success story -- but not a rich over night story either.

Oh, got little carried away :laugh:
Just watch your skillgains when pondering if area is worth trying or not. They'll help you. And most important XXXXX XXXXX because XXXX XXX XXXXXX XXXXX, thus reduce empty kills significantly!

P.S.: If my use of parentheses or quotes in this post caused you OD and you vomitted on your Boss/Armani, you can send laundry bill to following address:

Kalanen Consulting
Jarntorget 8
SE 413 04 Gothenburg
Sweden

Nice observations by Kalanen here btw.

Na...Its like this..

You have to spent a lot of money before you get a good loot and because you got that good loot you have to spent even more Money because of it.

Nice Necro :D

Sidenote:
I got a totally different loot theory but to lazy to explain.

9yo thread necro ? :eyecrazy:

:locked:

Status
Back