Looking for an oversea's job

Petley

Old Alpha
Society
cK Coat Killers
James James Petley
Well i guess the situation is am bored here in the US. Not married, no kids looking for something different. Here in America i am a Desktop Admin So not making much money between 35-45k a year. I want to go overseas for a year to maybe life. Can anyone direct me where to go? Or where to go looking for jobs. I am interested in any job not just in my field. I am not expecting a miracle i would just like to get out of here for a little while but i have searched and can't find crap. I figure this group of people might be able to help me a little more.. I know nothing but English. Thanks for your time

Petley

Hi, great to hear of anyone wanting to see a bit of the world.

There are several employment agencies in the UK that use overseas visitors such as yourself (names include Blue Arrow, Manpower and Sue Shepard) in temporary and permanent positions in office work and other areas. An american accent is considered a plus in telesales for example.
I worked in telesales from scratch (from working in construction) a few years ago and was on similar money to you now, with commission included.

The "Let's Go" series of books include what you need legally for working in various countries around the world, and are updated yearly. The aussie magazine TNT also highlights travelling work.

Employment isn't exactly booming at the moment but as ever, eager people should find something eventually.

Good luck:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Thanks Hurrikane that is the kindof information i was looking for. A giant + rep for your time.

Im working in National Oilwell Varco.
Its an american company, but Im from norway, so Im employed in the norwegian office. I travel the world even if Im employed in norway. Rite now Im sailing with a oilrig from Mauritius til Valvis Bay in Namibia. Aslo studying russian after work cuz I wanna travel/work in eastern europe also.

What I meen is, you dont have to look over seas to get a job over seas.

http://www.nov.com/jobs/NOVJobPostings.aspx

Im working in National Oilwell Varco.
Its an american company, but Im from norway, so Im employed in the norwegian office. I travel the world even if Im employed in norway. Rite now Im sailing with a oilrig from Mauritius til Valvis Bay in Namibia. Aslo studying russian after work cuz I wanna travel/work in eastern europe also.

What I meen is, you dont have to look over seas to get a job over seas.

http://www.nov.com/jobs/NOVJobPostings.aspx

Very very good points kimmi. Thanks for the help.

GL with the hunt for overseas work. I'm kinda interested in finding something abroad, too. Not sure what, but something different.

Back