Question: Loot distributon, Mindark share on Rocktropia?

Mice

Elite
Society
Experia
Migor Mice Oth
Im curious and whould like to hear if anyone has more info.

As far as I heard from friends visiting rocktropia (and myself) no items that drop on Calypso drops there only then unique Rocktropia items like the shotgun and axe, is this true or has anyone looted items from Calypso, like HL11(L) or some (L) armor ?

In the first days of Rocktropia I saw massive amounts of globals/hofs and now I see very very little, could this be due to the simple fact no mobs drop anything with any markup (except the oils etc), cause surely the mobs like Pop Dragons are great to hunt but stupid as hell to even stay on if they have 0 chance of dropping nice stuff :p

I see loot is built up by the same basic stuff like oils, wool, hides, paintcans etc but its very interesting to see if also all items will be Rocktropia Unique. Will this mean Rocktropia will have to build up their own itemstock ? This would indeed affect Calypso in a major way and could cause an Exodus from one or the other planet which I doubt MA will risk.

My point here is, if Rocktropias items will be unique also its economy should be separated from Calypso, and no items at all should be transferable (except peds on your card)

Now, tell me im all wrong and stupid =)

My point here is, if Rocktropias items will be unique also its economy should be separated from Calypso, and no items at all should be transferable (except peds on your card)
Items can and will be transferable because MA and planet partners want you us to move between the planets and set up interstellar trade routes. So far, it looks like all stuff on the Rock appears to be L. That may change someday. Since it's L it's also probably SIB which may open up a lot more possibilities on SIB skilling, especially since a lot of that stuff is melee.

items unique to each planet creates content for that planet. some will travel to find those new items, i dont think theres likly to be an exodus either way. certain items only drop from Aurli, but while that led to many camping, the vast majority of the player base stayed on calypso. having items transportable creates and increases genuine trade potential as people move items between areas of different supply/demand.

I see,

But surely Mindark has to control/approve each new item introduced on Rocktropia or it could turn economy insideout. Which means Mindark is in full control of every planet and can make sure Calypso will always be the n#1 planet. Clever buisness model indeed.

MA are only in charge of the economy on the planets. (loot system) what I've read atleast. So I guess it counts as the Items and how often they drop and which Items that drop aswell

Back