Question: Loot Penalty for Kill stealing?

burnsey

Stalker
Society
The one percent
I've experienced some of the worst loot imaginable when hunting in a team but without the team system enabled. In effect, the looter kill steals the other shooter but things are pre-arranged ahead of time. For instance, give the other person ammo for the run first.

I know that the previous mayhem many people complained of heavy losses and that this type of hunting style was mainly used.

Has anyone had similar experience and thinks that loot is penalized if damage comes from multiple non-teamed sources?

Has anyone had very good loot using this method?

I suppose looking at loot from the use of softening shooters in the WoF would be a good place to start... although changes in loot during a hunt like that could be down to many things (not the mob you'd have picked normally, chaos, hunting harder than normal etc)

Hurrikane

well, dealt damage should go into the loot equation

if what you say is true that means the damage used is avatar based, could also mean that if you use a high damage weapon to kill a mob you should get better loots

well, dealt damage should go into the loot equation

if what you say is true that means the damage used is avatar based, could also mean that if you use a high damage weapon to kill a mob you should get better loots

Wouldn't this mean you would get lesser loots because a high dps weapon will deal less damage to a mob than a low dps weapon due to regen.

i've found a similar but opposite effect: soloing a mob with consistant loot, formed team and loot went down significantly. reckon teaming influcences loot like so many other factors, it follows not being in team could throw out systems calculations.

Wouldn't this mean you would get lesser loots because a high dps weapon will deal less damage to a mob than a low dps weapon due to regen.

yes, that's why some ppl actually let mobs fully heal a number of times before killing them, I've seen that

You're just penalized for being sexy.

I've only done this a few times after VU10 but before teaming was implemented. We did not specify who would get what loot just pooled it at the end and split it. I was concerned about exactly what you are saying happening but loot was low/normal, not cut in half like you would expect if it was directly tied to the looters damage.

Easy enough to test, get 12 non teamed opalo's together and shoot big mobs a few times, you already know what a normal loot looks like, if you loot 1/12 of a normal loot then you have the answer.

Sounds like lawsuit insurance on the part of MA to me. Imagine this conversation....

"Such and such person KSed a mob I was shooting and got an ATH. Give me his loot or I'll sue!" I could easily see that happening.

. ...

did the same arranged kill stealing with a friend during absence of teams and had normal loots. i am not sure if one very great run (plenty globals&minis) was with official team or still via ks.

Hi,

yes, that's why some ppl actually let mobs fully heal a number of times before killing them, I've seen that
tried this some year ago - killed young Combibo with a TT knife, carefully recording hits & loot.

After having a sample of some 100 I changed my method: I'd kill about 2/3 of their HP, then started sweating 'em until fully recovered. Again. When at full HP for the 3rd time I killed them. So I'd actually wasted about 220% of the normal HP.

This was clearly reflected in the loot. The mobs killed using the second version (220% HP) had approx. 220% of the loot compared to the normal ones.

This makes me sure that loot is (or better: was, who knows ...) bound to the HP wasted. This would explain the situation in an 'informal' team: The looter wouldn't have wasted the full HP, thus receiving less loot than normal.

Have fun!

After having a sample of some 100 I changed my method: I'd kill about 2/3 of their HP, then started sweating 'em until fully recovered. Again. When at full HP for the 3rd time I killed them. So I'd actually wasted about 220% of the normal HP.

This was clearly reflected in the loot. The mobs killed using the second version (220% HP) had approx. 220% of the loot compared to the normal ones.

This makes me sure that loot is (or better: was, who knows ...) bound to the HP wasted. This would explain the situation in an 'informal' team: The looter wouldn't have wasted the full HP, thus receiving less loot than normal.

Have fun!

Anyone tried this on a Snable or something of similar low level? Wonder if you could spend several hours on one snable... maybe with a whip so that it's low level damage you are doing so you don't accidentally kill it with a critical... would be interesting to see a bunch of snables global like that, lol.

A month ago i was out of ammo and a small maffoid attacked me. Killed it with my cutter 1 knife. Wasted about 14-15 ped of the knife's durability but it was clearly recovered partially by the loot: it was abot 10 ped, waaay more than usual. My next attempt took about 10 ped durability and the next maffoid looted 7 ped. Don't think that the bigger loot was just a coincidence.

Result: more ped spent for killing a mob = more return from that mob

Also maybe that's the reason why i sometimes have better loots from mobs that manage to kill me and i come back to "finish the job" :D

A remember a test around 1 year ago.
If I remember right, it was Jimmy B who posted this test, and the small sample of tests he did all showed slightly higher loot when mobs did regen several HP.

Anyway, the wasted money due to higher decay and more ammo burned, wasn´t paid back by the higher loots.
Imho it doesn´t matter that much!

i globaled on a mob somebody wanted to steal me not so long ago. Nothing unusual here so far...

A remember a test around 1 year ago.
If I remember right, it was Jimmy B who posted this test, and the small sample of tests he did all showed slightly higher loot when mobs did regen several HP.

Anyway, the wasted money due to higher decay and more ammo burned, wasn´t paid back by the higher loots.
Imho it doesn´t matter that much!

the probability of having a profitable loot is the same. if you wast 10 peds and get 90% of that you loot 9 peds, if you wast 100 peds you get 90 peds

so in theory if you spend hours killing a mob you should get a big loot, profitable or not it's still a global/HoF

Not that long ago, in WoF me and Dex where on TskTsk.
Dex tagged one of the birdys and Team CZ tagged it as well and outdamaged us on it.
They globaled, we PKed them :D

Thats how such issue should be handeled!
Although Team CZ didn´t do that on purpose, the PKs that where on purpose where very satisfying to us :D

I've experienced some of the worst loot imaginable when hunting in a team but without the team system enabled. In effect, the looter kill steals the other shooter but things are pre-arranged ahead of time. For instance, give the other person ammo for the run first.

I know that the previous mayhem many people complained of heavy losses and that this type of hunting style was mainly used.

Has anyone had similar experience and thinks that loot is penalized if damage comes from multiple non-teamed sources?

I have had exact same experience and do believe that you only get loot for your own damage dealt if you are the looter of the creature. Where the other loot goes, no idea.

Back