looter professions and their place in loot2.0

I heared agi was soft capped at 100. You can go over lvl 100 but you get the same benefits as being lvl 100 not sure if this is true or not just someone told me this.

what you probably ”heard” is themovement spread benifit from agility is capped at 100, after 100 agility you will not get anymore movement speed increase.

Thank you. I try to explain it as clear as possible for the level 1 looter guys with 100 ped on card that encounter conspiracy theories before actual facts. It's our duty if we like this game enough to want for it to grow further.
When I was a noob I was lucky enough to run into some good guys, experienced players (thank you!) that smacked me with the facts when I only had perception and lootius in my head.

Valid point. And I support helping out new players 100% - we want them around for the long haul. But there's just some - no one named, none shamed - who seems to want to believe any theory, just not facts that stems from thorough ingame testing and/or MA official statements :) I cannot wrap my head around that uh...logic. In any case, you've grinded enough to have caught up with the law of big numbers, and it's nice of you to share those facts.

Good results are when the markup pushes you over the 100% mark, constantly and consistently, over heavy cycles, not when you shoot MU-less mobs just because

Hey Evey. I've read several posts you've made on here, in many of which you've given good advice, like stuff I know I've done and it's helped me and then I read you saying do the exact same thing. This does not relate to everything you advise, for example, when you say keep grinding even if the loot is bad, I can't agree with that, but this is for another thread.

The sentence I've tagged in here brings a question. Is this possible for everyone, and what would happen, if everyone were able to achieve this?

Is this possible for everyone, and what would happen, if everyone were able to achieve this?
I would I possibly know this?

when you say keep grinding even if the loot is bad, I can't agree with that
It's ok to disagree :)
You will agree with it later, if you manage to push through, because as in IRL, magic happens only outside the comfort zone :)

magic happens only outside the comfort zone :)
This sounds like what she said :laugh: but thanks for your insight :)

What I was really thinking is that everyone can't have a positive outcome because then the system would change or collapse. But I'm sure you already knew what that question was really about ;)

what you probably ”heard” is themovement spread benifit from agility is capped at 100, after 100 agility you will not get anymore movement speed increase.

Yeh think it was somethign like that. It made me wonder if animal looter is also capped at 100 and you wont get more then the 7% even when above 100.
If this wouldnt be the case I dont see why players like messi would be focussing on crafting now and not purely hunt for tt like they did in 1.0

Yeh think it was somethign like that. It made me wonder if animal looter is also capped at 100 and you wont get more then the 7% even when above 100.
If this wouldnt be the case I dont see why players like messi would be focussing on crafting now and not purely hunt for tt like they did in 1.0
Is there any point to go over lvl 100 in anything for this game? I think pretty much everything is capped at lvl 100. All weapons are capped at lvl 100. You're maxed on basically all weapons. Mining and crafting is also capped at lvl 100 right? I believe looter is also capped.
I guess the reason ubers keep going past lvl 100 is for the HP gain. But for us mere mortals, reaching lvl 100 will always be just a dream.

For agility, I thought they got rid of movement speed increase for agi. The only way to increase movement speed is by pills, ring, armor, pet, etc.

Is there any point to go over lvl 100 in anything for this game? I think pretty much everything is capped at lvl 100. All weapons are capped at lvl 100. You're maxed on basically all weapons. Mining and crafting is also capped at lvl 100 right? I believe looter is also capped.
I guess the reason ubers keep going past lvl 100 is for the HP gain. But for us mere mortals, reaching lvl 100 will always be just a dream.

For agility, I thought they got rid of movement speed increase for agi. The only way to increase movement speed is by pills, ring, armor, pet, etc.
Farming attributes for the sake of farming attributes is silly imho. Attributes and skills are best farmed when you're doing your main thing.
You can't stop the avatar from skilling, otherwise ESI would be 600%, ask those that camp cat 9 in mayhems how expensive mayhems are for them :D
RDI Labs require really strong avatars to complete, plenty of reasons to skill up in everything you can.
Also, check those requirements to see where the game is really going):
index.php

What I was really thinking is that everyone can't have a positive outcome because then the system would change or collapse. But I'm sure you already knew what that question was really about ;)

A positive outcome with MU is certainly possible, everyone having a TT profit would certainly need to change or lead to collapse but as long as you're not getting 100%+ returns then everyone profiting off MU doesn't hurt anything at all. The trick is finding the loot that people are willing to pay that extra bit for :)

This sounds like what she said :laugh: but thanks for your insight :)

A positive outcome with MU is certainly possible, everyone having a TT profit would certainly need to change or lead to collapse but as long as you're not getting 100%+ returns then everyone profiting off MU doesn't hurt anything at all. The trick is finding the loot that people are willing to pay that extra bit for :)
Zorander is on the right track here. I was going to make a similar comment. However I will simply elaborate a bit.

Evey’s point was that the MU is what puts you over the top. If everyone did this, would it collapse the game/economy? Not at all.

If an item is over-farmed because everyone knows it has good MU at a given time, the market will become saturated and that MU will drive down. At this point, hunters look for their next target.

There will always be a number of items (loot) that are in demand. These items will change over time as supply of them (I.e. hunters farming/selling them) fluctuates.

MU making your hunts profitable is what makes this game beautiful. MA doesn’t lose a cent and the player-driven economy flourishes. :wise::woot:

Ofcourse long term tt profit is possible with the right gear, skills and choices of activities. But long term it also demands a bit of luck, since mathematics and law of numbers work against you long term if trying to stay above 100% tt return.

Statistics make it so that most ppl wont though, wich makes it possible for a few, without risk for MA.

Awesome thread, thx to everyone who is contributing, I am learning as well, love it!

Back