Looting Trouble?

Scorpion

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Honor Scorpion Falken
I have been getting two issues regularly since VU 10. First I get the familiar dead mobs clipping through the terrain. Second I sometimes am not able to click (left or right) dead mobs directly in front of me. The mob is there but I have no way to interact with it. I have been playing since 2005 so I have picked up a few tricks on looting creatures when they are clipped but now I try until they time out and disappear.

I submitted a support case and like a fool I kept playing and updating the same case with each incident for a couple days. That is until today where I am to tired of it and won't be logging back in until I get a reply.

So the point of this thread, is anyone else having the same or similar issues?

After the last VU (10.0.7) I've had problems with argos that die while running. The corpse starts sliding away from it's own radar dot and if you don't loot it fast enough you get the too-far-away-to-loot message even if you are on top of the corpse. I guess it would help to drag the bar out and run to the radar dot to loot it from there, but I have not had the chance to test that as I got a crit when I got that idea:mad:

I had the same problem with a hispidus today and I can confirm that if you pull the bar off of the sliding creature and then go back to the dot on radar you can loot it.

For the first time since I started playing about 3 years ago I had the problem with mobs dropping below the terrain. It has happened two times for me since vu10, and both were drones north of jason center. I sent MA a support case for the first drone, and all they did was ask me if I still had the problem after the patch. :( I was honestly expecting them to give me random drone loot, but nothing! :confused: I should also mention that while I was waiting for the support case to close I continued to hunt drones and I got this nice little hit! :D
I wonder if this was MA's way of apologizing to me? :silly2:

The fix for this, or I should say work-around, is to select yourself first and then you can loot as normal.

/\

One of mine that clipped through was a droka.

I used to have that issue too, very frustrating.
What I do to dodge the problem is by going into,
spacebar mode and then right click while having the camera
centered on the mob. Works like a charm for activating anything
:)

I used to have that issue too, very frustrating.
What I do to dodge the problem is by going into,
spacebar mode and then right click while having the camera
centered on the mob. Works like a charm for activating anything
:)

works like a charm ;D

just be sure not to have any weapon or tool equiped tho else you'll end up using the tool instead of interacting with machines, looting other players etcetc =)

Back