m4a crafted

gratz slither when i first saw title itohught about tat little mishap hoax a few weeks ago glad u got one ill have tp check it out if i se eya today.

I think that the Pe-Wiki stats on this gun need to be updated.
For some reason in Economy the Cost is the same as the Cost/M

The current price of this gun if you want one is 354.36 PEDs or 201.8%
Therefore the Decay/M is 4.8432 while the Decay is 2.4
So the Cost/M is 11.8432 while the Cost is 9.4
So the Eco/M is 3.1242 while the Eco is 3.9362

So this gun has an actual Eco of 3.12:eek:

Not for me thanks

That decay is killer. Very high for a (l) weapon.

I think that the Pe-Wiki stats on this gun need to be updated.
For some reason in Economy the Cost is the same as the Cost/M

I believe pe-wiki acuires its markup data from peauction.

peauction has no data for the M4a yet an M4a has not yet been sold on auction without buyout.

Hence wiki has no data for markup. In this situation wiki unfortunately treats the markup as 0.

Not gonna tell us the materials?

Not gonna tell us the materials?

Personally, I've come to the conclusion that by making public the materials of certain blueprints, the markup on these materials can be unduly (possibly even artifically) inflated. I wouldn't release this information even if I had it. Maybe slither has a different opinion.

As an example of this, have a look at the recent prices on belk in auction. A quick look earlier tonight quotes around the 130% mark ... not so long ago, it was much lower (as belk is a low end ore). Could it be because of the introduction of the 101 Light Ore Amp?

Personally, I've come to the conclusion that by making public the materials of certain blueprints, the markup on these materials can be unduly (possibly even artifically) inflated. I wouldn't release this information even if I had it. Maybe slither has a different opinion.

I agree.

Unfortunatly there is no point whatsoever in revealing the material involved in making this gun atm, with half the population of EF being resellers or wannabe resellers...

All I can say is that this is not going to be a very common gun at all, it costs WAY too much to make atm. Sometimes (very often really) I wonder what the balancemanager over there at MA is really thinking about.....

Sometimes (very often really) I wonder what the balancemanager over there at MA is really thinking about.....

He's got a tough job...

Hunters moaning because there's not enough L weps out there so the markup is too high for economy....Crafters moaning because the L weps cost too much to make....Miners moaning because the crafters don't pay enough for their stones....Uber-hunters moaning because there's too many economical L weapons for other hunters....Everybody moaning because the skills go up too slow....

Hmmm, no maybe not so true. Don't really hear the miners moaning too much. <Jimmy heads out of the forum equipped with ore-finder>

The Breer M4a and the OA-101 Light are two very different things.

Lots of people use OA-101s on a regular basis and get through stacks of them

The market for these guns can not be very large at the current price and would get much smaller still if the price were to rise higher.

As it is you would have to be an idiot to pay 354 peds for a gun that goes down in value every time that you fire it and returns an eco of 3.12
You could buy a non-(L) gun that does more damage and gives better eco even with a very low HA. And when you get bored of it you can sell it.

I am a regular buyer of (L) guns. I bought 3 today from Slither's shop. I buy at least 3 every week. Some days I will use up 2 whole guns on one hunt.
There is fundamentaly no possible way that I will buy this gun at anywhere near this price.

Don't be bothered about re-sellers pumping up the price of components for this gun so that the price rises. The market will be very small as it is.

As it is you would have to be an idiot to pay 354 peds for a gun that goes down in value every time that you fire it and returns an eco of 3.12
You could buy a non-(L) gun that does more damage and gives better eco even with a very low HA. And when you get bored of it you can sell it.

Your an idoit if you chose to use un L weapons with the same dm/sec if your skills will provide you with a dm intervall that gives you less eco than 3,12. Also, putting a 106 amp on this gun brings the eco up a few notches ;)
Dont underestimate the omportance of 10/10 HA.

and some guns you use for fun.

And the high markup on this gun is not the crafters faulth, its MA's, they made it very expensive to make you see

And the high markup on this gun is not the crafters faulth, its MA's, they made it very expensive to make you see

I understand that mate.
I am not blaming any crafter for ripping people off. I would be happy to buy this gun at a price that made it a little uneco (even fairly uneco).
MA have made a gun that is unusable by most hunters.

I have been waiting for this gun since MA nerfed amps and promised a graduated series of (L) guns.
And this is it?
A gun that would be poor eco at tt but is instead very expensive to make?

Oh and BTW I have a non-(L) gun that will give me better dm/sec and better eco than 3.12 but I don't use it because it is too uneco

re: the m4a

Noted today that it recommends 12.4 professional standing in hit and damage. I'm 15 in hit (9.8HA on the m4a) but way off that in damage. This means that I can currently do less damage with the m4a than the m2a (but using a shed load more ammo). If I skill on the m2a or m3a (which are both maxed) so I get some more damage skills, what pro standing level would be an appropriate one to switch at? What damage interval would I need to make this gun work well for me? (assuming UL3s don't drop like flies and the parts to make a monty don't become cheap) Basically am I being a loon in hoping that I'll ever be able to take advantage of the SIB?

Or is this a dead end weapon like the lower nonSIB?

Eco

I have seen the eco statistics, and in the M4 is not for me, thanks. I have better eco with non L weapons.

With the new figures its 4.23 dmg/pec with A106 without markup.

I forget what the current prices are, 175%? That would make it 3.77 dmg/pec which is possibly beatable with a well priced korss if you can get one but still better than non-SIB for most people.

Last edited:
With the new figures its 4.23 dmg/pec with A106 without markup.

I forget what the current prices are, 175%? That would make it 3.77 dmg/pec which is possibly beatable with market price korss if you can get one but still better than non-SIB for most people.

Writing crap ... lalalal - ignore me

As an example of this, have a look at the recent prices on belk in auction. A quick look earlier tonight quotes around the 130% mark ... not so long ago, it was much lower (as belk is a low end ore). Could it be because of the introduction of the 101 Light Ore Amp?

One thing is that once OAL101 was introduced it began to be crafted. So the resources needed, which were already in use in other bp's too, obviously became more bought. And OAL101 is quite a eater in the market of resources, imo. Basically u're saying that once demand increases, the price increases. Doh..

On the flipside, I can search a quote from a certain crafter who said he intends to break craften open in front of anybody, and would publish the design of Dante if would have BP. And I think he got alot of salutations on that thread for that statement.

But what to say, we all adapt.

On the flipside, I can search a quote from a certain crafter who said he intends to break craften open in front of anybody, and would publish the design of Dante if would have BP. And I think he got alot of salutations on that thread for that statement.

But what to say, we all adapt.

Ouch! Kerham cuts to the bone ...

You're absolutely right though mate ... I do remember doing this. But now that I've got a bit of experience behind me it seems that I was wrong in hindsight. Not because I don't want to share (I absolutely love sharing experiences and information with REAL players), but because when resellers get hold of this information, the price rises.

Binary prices have already gone up even more ... I'm just waiting for Kanerium to start doing that too.

(Oh, and for the record, the info is out - there are M4a BPs on auction).

You may have observed (or try ask miners) that Kanerium is extremely rare now. I.e. doesn't drop.

Regarding cutting the bone heh, i cut myself too ;)

Once I wanted to start a miners-crafters syndicate which to eliminate resellers. And did some lobby for it. Despite all my good intentions back then, I understood was a wrong move.

Was not something directed at u necessarly. More of a philosophical observation :)

Cheers.

( btw, i have some belkar to sell :laugh: )

Back