MA has no beta servers?

Gvar

Provider
Well once again MA has PROVED they dont know what the words "beta server" mean.

NO smart coder would release this code like this to a production server.

You can post all you want about how they test this or that, i dont care.

The proof is in the pudding. IF they bother to test its on a very small scale and is obviouly flawed, or we wouldnt be our wasting our time reading this post. (or writing it)

And yet again, MA has decided to ADD more broken code, rather then fixing the existing broken code (such as the sky bug, loggining in on roof tops, having to relog to use newly purchased items, relogging to remove armor, and the list goes on)

MA seems to think that "Eye Candy" is what its all about.

This is the same crap MA pulled last year, and as we all saw, new joins have dropped, loots suck all around, and players are bailing.

Now that MA has milked us, they wanna add china to the list.

Best of luck to the chinese, i hope you all bring lots yen, you WILL need it.
(and so does MA or they wouldnt have made this agreement)

The sooner you learn to stop complaining and just bend over the sooner you will be at peace with EU.

Yeah. It's a lot easier if you just apply the lube first yourself.

Well, this is what you get when 10 threads pop up about the delay to the VU ;)

well, i noticed strange, random disconnects and freezing every now and then about a week or so prior to the VU ... I assumed it was the test servers bringing extra lag to MA's backbone ... of course, we all know what happens when one assumes ...

This thread has been brought to you by Garcen Lubricant!

New and improved, with 25% less sand!

So remember kids, when BOHICA time comes, reach for new improved Garcen Lubricant!

AG

The sooner you learn to stop complaining and just bend over the sooner you will be at peace with EU.

Sad but true....listen to the man, indeed that`s the only way to live and not have a heart failure each VU. As much as i liked the new features of this new VU, it`s the bugs that pissed me off. Last but not least, the 10 mega-ubers in 10 seconds proved that there are days when it`s best to go read a book :rolleyes:

Well, let`s hope they`ll fix the stuff and we can all enjoy this "dynamic" universe....

This thread has been brought to you by Garcen Lubricant!

New and improved, with 25% less sand!

So remember kids, when BOHICA time comes, reach for new improved Garcen Lubricant!

AG

:rofl:

Apparently, I have to spread more lube, err, I mean rep around before repping you AG....

In the immortal words of Fletch... "You usin' the whole arm, Doc?"

Best of luck to the chinese, i hope you all bring lots yen, you WILL need it.
(and so does MA or they wouldnt have made this agreement)

i think u mean yuan instead of yen.
yen = japanese dollar
yuan = china dollar currency.

And i agree with what you posted abt fixing those long existing bug.

Well once again MA has PROVED they dont know what the words "beta server" mean.

Every MMO I have played had bugs after every update/expansion.

Every one.

The question is, how quickly are those bugs fixed?

07 Jun 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

Initially we can see that you use a SiS 760 Rev 00 , this card does not meet our requirements , nor has it any support for AA , however Entropia Universe by default uses AA on the fonts, and that is why this is occurring to you we believe.

It is very hard for us to give you any good advise, since you do not meet the requirements for running our application.

We are sorry that we could not be of more service.

Regards,
Entropia Support

07 Jun 2007 You wrote:
Well then congrates are in order for Mindark,
You've finally cut off your nose despite your face.

You obviously have no clue how many users this font change will lose you.

i'd suggest you re-evaluate this decision, as you will now lose a lot of players who cant or will not upgrade their video, and theres a lot of us.

This issue along with the poor overall condition of the game is enough for me, ill be chipping out shortly. (done)

well, you are and have been playing on an unsupported card, which surely you knew ... now that MA decides to release functionality that works on the supported cards, you get upset? have fun out there, muh man

life doesn't have beta servers either

There are minimum requirements for a reason. If software didn't push forward, we'd all still be playing PONG and Arkanoid. I certainly didn't expect Valve to make Half Life play on my old vid card, so I went and got a new one. Any decent low to mid-range card will meet the reqs that MA is posting. Save your pennies and instead of depositing, go buy yourself a vid card that works. Its not hard, and its not expensive.

If you quit other stuff as easily as this, goodness, I wish you the best with life, but I imagine its gonna be a short one.

Buh Bye Now

07 Jun 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

Initially we can see that you use a SiS 760 Rev 00 , this card does not meet our requirements , nor has it any support for AA , however Entropia Universe by default uses AA on the fonts, and that is why this is occurring to you we believe.

It is very hard for us to give you any good advise, since you do not meet the requirements for running our application.

We are sorry that we could not be of more service.

Regards,
Entropia Support
07 Jun 2007 You wrote:
Well then congrates are in order for Mindark,
You've finally cut off your nose despite your face.

You obviously have no clue how many users this font change will lose you.

i'd suggest you re-evaluate this decision, as you will now lose a lot of players who cant or will not upgrade their video, and theres a lot of us.

This issue along with the poor overall condition of the game is enough for me, ill be chipping out shortly.

08 Jun 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

We are sad to hear that you feel bad about or product, however we must set minimum requirements to run our application, this is on order to be able to provide a pleaseant experience . And you not meeting the requirements might have given you a wrongly impression about our Universe.

The requirements can be found here :

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5326.html

Regards,
Entropia Support

08 Jun 2007 You wrote:
Things have been tolerable til now.
This font issue is gonna cost you guys, my shits already on auction, and ive seen others bailing too.
You obviously have no idea how many folks this will affect.

I wasted a year here, hoping things would improve, they havent, and now this.

I have better things todo with my time and money.

I think MA figured, people that dont even have enough money to buy a decent videocart are not going to deposit a lot.

well, if i hadnt wasted 3k usd on the game, i guess i coulda bought a better card. but thats the nature of addiction. you never see it til its too late.

and now its too late.

You see theres a difference in OFFERING better graphics, and FORCING them down our throats. other then a slow framerate, EU was very playable on this system (and on many others im sure). now its not.

Perhaps a warning that this was coming might have helped soften the blow, and allowed some us to get our business in order. some of us MAY have purchased new cards, the rest would have had a chance to cash out (which of course MA dosent want). The auction is a real fun place when you cant read the %'s of the items you need to list. So not only cant we no longer play, it is very difficult to even cashout (which MA wants, no need to give you back any of your investment). Many players will just walk away, losing everything.

And it comes back to the eyecandy thing. MA is still putting it before playablity. THIS ISSUE IS ON-GOING PROOF!

As for ALL of you players that prefer to "bend over & take it".....

HERES MY ADVICE FOR YOU:
If your gonna bare your ass for MA feel free, you deserve everything they are gonna give you. ;)

For the rest of you, pull up your damn pants and tell MA where to go and how to get there.

I hate negitive posts :(

I'm off to enjoy some great graphics in EU.. later ;)

08 Jun 2007 You wrote:
Things have been tolerable til now.
This font issue is gonna cost you guys, my shits already on auction, and ive seen others bailing too.
You obviously have no idea how many folks this will affect.

I wasted a year here, hoping things would improve, they havent, and now this.

I have better things todo with my time and money.

MA didn't change the requirements, they just finally implemented a feature that puts them to use. Just because it worked before, doesn't mean its gonna work next week. And 3k in EU? Thats hardly a drop in the bucket. There are system requirements for a reason. Your supposed to read them before you play. If you meet them, great, go ahead and play. If NOT, and you still want to play, you'd best visit the store BEFORE playing. And trust me, I'm sure your not the only one put out by this, MA is not going to lower the system requirements so people with a really low end, ages old vid cards can play. If you can afford to drop 3k into EU, then a $60 new vid card should be nothing.

Instead of adapting, which this whole game is about, you decided to quit. MA is NOT going to lose hordes of people over a font. I'm sure they're getting their fair share of support cases, and I'm betting those people have old vid cards or old vid drivers too. The people who truly want to be here will do what they need to in order to play again. The people who don't, those who see this as an insurmountable problem, the end of the world, they'll quit.

Buck up, go to the store, get yourself a new vid card and get back to playing or quit spamming the forums with your support case and go away.

The auction is a real fun place when you cant read the %'s of the items you need to list. So not only cant we no longer play, it is very difficult to even cashout (which MA wants, no need to give you back any of your investment). Many players will just walk away, losing everything.

YES... after all it was and evil plan by MA to steal all you monies! :wise:

:D

Mindark has very little incentive to finance an adequate Quality Control team while having 1000's of testers paying them to identify version update oversights. :rolleyes:

Incentive = lost players? Not a chance... ;)

Back