March 18 update postponed

There are plenty fb and twitter feeds that I'd rather not have people now I'm reading ;)

But in this it's not marketing it's support and that should be done through a channel that most people will see and the loader is the obvious place.

I do have a fb account but would link entropia to it (would be too embarrassed) so how many people use fb for EU updates? why isnt this info on the entropia website? :scratch2:

I don't have a "real" FB, but do have a FB of my avatar solely for things like this. There are many entropians so not only MA news but all kinds of announcements and rumors appear there before they make it to the forums (if they would at all). FB is a devil but that's a devil you better be friends with if you want to be in the swim. Never neglect sources of information.

there's a few things that come to mind:

1. they actually perform tests
2. they found bugs
3. they communicate this upfront
4. they are trying to solve

sounds like progress to Crone

Crone is speculating here.

The only bugs that prevent MA from releasing are the ones that actually cost them money, that's why MA calls these bugs "nasty". All other non-nasty bugs are non-gating for release and for us beta testers to be found. These bugs will be fixed at MA's convenience, which can be anywhere from "tomorrow" to "when hell freezes over". For bugs in released code that cost MA money the servers will go down faster than you can say "Crone" ;)

/Slupor

Crone was going to say just "Crone", but since that is too short he has to come up with this nonsense just to say "Crone". What a waste of time.

that's new they are going fix bugs before introducing a new vu .

theres hope after all . lol

Maybe not, seems they introduced a bug before a VU. I never imagined that would be possible.. :eyecrazy:

Probably this post fit better into another category, but I cannot get a "New Post" button there

As seen on EU facebook page

"Entropia Version Update postponed

We've found a few annoying bugs in the release that were scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday March 18, and are therefore forced to postpone the VU for at least one day."

since when has that ever stopped them? :lolup:

it must be REEALLLYYY buggy if they're gonna start fixing it before the release! :ahh:

well better they fix it than relaxe with 50 milion issues:scratch2:

Post offline message in game, reach 100% of entropians, post to client loader reach 20%, post to forums reach 10%, post to facebook reach 1 PP who then proceeds to post on the forum and notify the rest of the community of the announcement.

FB should only be for posting info of interest to non-players. Not critical info that every player needs to know!

Prophetic words! :laugh:

Totally. I'm preparing for the "BUT YOU TOOK IT DOWN TO FIX THE BUGS WHY ARE THERE STILL BUGS OMG!!!111!!!1SO INEPT!~~!!11!" complaint thread.

Back