Marco said: About loot

RexDameon

Mentor
Society
Entropia Pioneers
RexDameon Rex Andreosn
Just thought you'd like to know what Marco said about the loot that we think is weird.

To repeat an old phrase - the PE economy is dynamic. Sometimes out-of-the-ordinary things happen. One things to remember is that in the dynamic economy various things influence it. The number of PE participants have risen a lot the last few months. This is of course very re-assuring. Also, in VU times there is a lot going on - also things out of the ordinary occur. VU's are like that.

So far, no bugs have been discovered in the loot system post VU 7.1.

As to the shortsighted remarks about MindArk's "ambition" to ruin PE, I still find it amusing. Why? Because it is just a ridiculous remark. MA is determined to move PE forward for years, hell, even decades, to come. That is done by long term commitment. That requires mutual respect between all of us, and MA would be really stupid to try to squeeze out some short term profits when we are in it for the long term. PE is a work in progress, and it always will be - the community input is very important, even if I don't spend all my time responding to every notion, idea or comment, I do read most of it, and convey information back to the creative team (which I myself is a part of), where it is analyzed and prioritized. Right now we are focusing on fixing old bugs and issues, and then we have a ton of content waiting about. We already have two teams working with development and a third is being recruited, to step up the pace of additions. I have been with PE for three years now, and I intend to stay a lot longer. PE is the greatest experience in my life, and the project is probably the most exciting I will ever be a part of. Because we are making history - you and us, together.

Happy hunting!

-Marco Behrmann
-Director of Community Relations
-MindArk PE AB

Last edited by a moderator:
the PE economy is dynamic

Most said phrase is least remembered I guess.

When talking with people they are dead sure its supposed to be that their 10k valued item will remain so, or only become more expensive. Actually any item with high tt+ value is a big risk. Many players dont accept it as a risk and therefore anything could endanger that items tt+ value is seen as "MA's fault/error/unfairness" etc.

Thx for posting this Rex :girl:
I couldn't agree more with what Essi quoted and Marco's other words

When he speaks........he speaks words of wisdom !
PE is a rollercoasterride and im happy to be aboard :D

Thx for this post !

Rl

Kind of like real life. Some company finds a massive oil and the prices drops. Some country starts a war and the prices goes up.

I like my PE experience beacuse it keep's changing. Get bored sometimes, wait a while, browse some forums, and in a week or perhaps a day, something interesting pops up and it's fun again.

i think this post is especially funny now.

how many imp 2780's dropped from bugged snables yesterday?

i would SURELY consider that a bug marco. ;)

Dash Smashing said:

Don't be so SURE Dash. Weirder things have happened. I think the quote above is in direct reference to what you are saying is a SURE bug. :rolleyes:

DD
:evilking:

great post marco! :) I agreee things need to be shaken up a bit definately but just crazy when lil snables start dropping one of the best weapons in the game :p

Dash Smashing said:

I doubt its a bug in its proper meaning (bug ~ programming error in software).

It doesnt even have to be any error in configuration or settings either. People accept that 2-3 high tt-valued shadow parts can drop during 24 hours once per a month or two. Is it really impossible that 10 low tt-valued im2870s drop in 24hours?

Ppl always complain about MA's informing but time to time the informing and dealing of matters inside player community sucks like nothing else.

Im not complaining :)
And I think its funny with people who say "MA ruins PE". Heh, why would anyone wanna ruin their income and creation? :rolleyes:

Good answer from marco there I think.

I think that was a good answer by Marco. Noone in the world would like to ruine a company which they work for. :wise:

Maybe MA did like this to get money, i mean Imp M2870 is very high TT and MA earns from decay....

ZzaK said:
Maybe MA did like this to get money, i mean Imp M2870 is very high TT and MA earns from decay....
yes but is it the decay or from the repairterminal that they get money from?

Skam said:
yes but is it the decay or from the repairterminal that they get money from?

Hm true, but, yeah i dont think ot goes to loot pool...

strakkan said:
When he speaks........he speaks words of wisdom !
PE is a rollercoasterride and im happy to be aboard :D

Thx for this post !

I agree 100% :) I am in it for a long run :D

rollercoaster ride allright and im enjoying it alot but just the cart im in makes a funny sound :silly:

well this is what i think. Say every 100,000 snable drops a Imp pistol.

One guy goes and loots one post an EP and brags to everyone in town.
then 100 people go and start killing snables like crazy and next thing you know snables are dropping like 1,000,000 a day and you got 10 imp pistols droped.

*numbers do not expresse any sort of stat or acuracy dont take them literaly ;-) *

great words

and me too..... I have to say :clap:

Thanx for post Marcos statement.

My mind is different & so i keep cool & see how manny of the imput wil come true.

One point.

Marco is one of the best writers i know & you wil have a very low chance to give him a critical replay. I gues he write his posts in the 3 days before posting & show them in the team-meeting before he shoot it out on a board :D

Your.
Rasta

Rasta said:
Marco is one of the best writers i know & you wil have a very low chance to give him a critical replay. I gues he write his posts in the 3 days before posting & show them in the team-meeting before he shoot it out on a board :D

Your.
Rasta

Im sure there's a reason why he is Director of Community Relations in MA.
Beeing good to communicate would seem kind of necissary for that job :silly2:

Skam said:
Im sure there's a reason why he is Director of Community Relations in MA.
Beeing good to communicate would seem kind of necissary for that job :silly2:

Marco is a good man, or seems to be! (I don't knwo the man personaly,and I only fully trust those who've I've gotten drunk with) He has helped me on many occassions pearsonaly. Don't take this as anyone can msg him whinning about something! I have asked him personaly only a few times in 2 years for help and he has been responsive and timely in his work, and I appreciated it alot.

Note: I am a large investor in this game! I want to see it succeed! I am not here for short term returns or anything of the sence! He helped those 2-3 times because he knows this also.... And I appreciate it. Thank you again Marco for you help :D

I have more to say but I'll hold it for more threads ;)

Bug = no...
"Well thought of change" = no ...

Allow me to explain...

PE indeed is dynamic but it is set within certain limits, by the software.
I belive this (I hate to call it a bug) "thing" were something MindArk prehaps dident think too well about before they implemented it...

Lets give a small example of how the looting program could work for the "old" system AND the "new" system to work:

In this code I am going to assume that there is such a thing as a lootpool, a "pool" where wasted ammo and so on is going to, in order to increase some loot.

Here goes....

Old system:

(The amount a certain mob drops a certain item, lets say Imp M2870 :p)
Dropratio = 0.001 (one in 1000)
(The minimum TT the item MUST have before its dropped (in pec))
MinimumCondition = 60000 (600 PED)
(The looting chance of the mob)
LootChance = 4 (4 in 10 = 40%)

-----------------------
Function LootMob
LootingNumber = Int RandomNumber from 1 to 10
If LootingNumber <= 4 then
GetLoot()
Else
AddLootToLootPool()
End if
End function

-----------------------

Function GetLoot
TTLoot = GetTTofLoot()
If RandomNumber() = Dropratio AND TTLoot >= MinimumCondition then
Drop "Imp M2870"
else
Drop "Some crap nobody wants"
end if
End function

----------------------

Function AddLootToLootPool
AmmoSpent on killing mob added to lootpool
Print message : "this creature.. bla bla"
end function

----------------------

In this system you had a chance of 1 in 1000 to get a loot that COULD contain an imp M2870 ... and then...
If we say a snable costs 9 PEC to shoot there had to be 6666 kills without loot to get the loot pool to a place where it actually could drop..
So it would be 1000*6666 = 1 in 6.666.000 loots that contained the Imp M2870. (And thats if all the loots that dropped in those 6.666.000 loots dident profit.. if they did.. the lootpool would decrease instead of increase)

(The amount a certain mob drops a certain item, lets say Imp M2870 :p)
Dropratio = 0.001 (one in 1000)
(The minimum TT the item MUST have before its dropped (in pec))
MinimumCondition = 2 (2 PEC)
(The looting chance of the mob)
LootChance = 4 (4 in 10 = 40%)
EmptyLootPool = 0.001 (one in 1000)

-----------------------
Function LootMob
LootingNumber = Int RandomNumber from 1 to 10
If LootingNumber <= 4 then
GetLoot()
Else
AddLootToLootPool()
End if
End function

-----------------------

Function GetLoot
TTLoot = GetTTofLoot()
If RandomNumber() = Dropratio AND TTLoot >= MinimumCondition then
Drop "Imp M2870"
else
Drop "Some crap nobody wants"
end if
End function

----------------------

Function AddLootToLootPool
AmmoSpent on killing mob added to lootpool
Print message : "this creature.. bla bla"
end function

----------------------

In this senario with the same functions but with a much lower minimum TT value of an item drop the drop ratio for the Imp M2870 would be:
1 in 2000 .... Kinda diffrent outcome with one single variable change.. dont you think....... makes you wonder........

Anyway... It were funny that they said "there is no bugs".. yet we downloaded a small update a couple of hours after the VU........... I belive that they dident realize changing one variable could mess up the system so much.. lol...

btw... sorry for a long post.. but PERC went kaboom when I were making some updates to it.. so im waiting for the hostmaster to puch the reset button.. lol

Starfinder said:
I belive that they dident realize changing one variable could mess up the system so much.. lol...

There is the possibility they knew what would happen ;) And planned to "fix" it after a day or two...

Great explaination btw :wise:

DD
:evilking:

Gawsh, Marco's quote was touching. I feel all shook up.

Rain Man said:
Gawsh, Marco's quote was touching. I feel all shook up.
do you need a shoulder to cry on? :p j/k

bug or no bug

Bug or no bu that was funn
I personaly looted 8 pistols in 10 mins
And 2 be honest if things like that wold not happen it wold not be the same funn it wold be routine and thats borring
As for the value of the loot, if before in a loot you woud get 50 pecs with this bug you get 49 pec and an imp MK2 worth 0.1 ped LOOL :laugh:

Xperimental said:
Bug or no bu that was funn
I personaly looted 8 pistols in 10 mins
And 2 be honest if things like that wold not happen it wold not be the same funn it wold be routine and thats borring
As for the value of the loot, if before in a loot you woud get 50 pecs with this bug you get 49 pec and an imp MK2 worth 0.1 ped LOOL :laugh:

8 Im2870? yeah right

Back