Info: Mayhem Mission Bug

It has come to our attention that there is a bug in the Mayhem mission. The bug seems to be triggered when in Category 1 and killing Cornundacauda Stalker or Prowler.

We will fix this bug as soon as possible. Expected time for the fix is around Monday morning (office hours and UTC). Until then, avoid hunting Cornundacauda Prowler and Stalker.

Because of the bug, we will push the end date of Mayhem by 24 hours.

We are very sorry about the situation and we sincerely apologize for it.

I think a clearer clarification is needed. Those affected have been bumped to cat 4. Can the mission tracker now accepts kill point for mobs in cat 1? Will the points be tracked correctly? Seems like some beta testers are needed, lol.

I don't get how this even can happen ... sigh .. (oh, and yes, I'm not a noob in QA & SDLC for dev env.)

I'm sorry, but this is a contradiction.

A 24 hour extension into a buggy contest that isn't free isn't not going to work,you either need to cancel affected classes and restart it properly and compensate those competing, the other option would be server rollback which i assume isn't possible

Care to explain how it is not going to work? There is a free to enter contest where you get prizes based on a certain mission counter and you are allowed to be log on in the game for max 30 hours during that contest or you are disqualified. At the end, you might get a prize depending on the kill counter. And thats it. And as the content of the competition is regular hunting, any losses / gains are the same as you would have had anyways.

Could it be related with bugged SIB periods?
I mean if system is thinking we have higher professional standing, this would explain SIB bug also. And it was reported long enough to prevent what is happening now....

It is not as simple as that, except if the system keeps track of your level in 2 different ways, as the HA and damage interval on both SIB weapons and non-SIB weapons was still correct. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the bugs are related.

It has come to our attention that there is a bug in the Mayhem mission. The bug seems to be triggered when in Category 1 and killing Cornundacauda Stalker or Prowler.

We will fix this bug as soon as possible. Expected time for the fix is around Monday morning (office hours and UTC). Until then, avoid hunting Cornundacauda Prowler and Stalker.

It's not only those two maturities of Cornundacauda. I killed a Provider and was shoved into category 4. Now I cannot kill any corns without getting the "wrong mob" pop-up. I'm going to try to re-take the mission and avoid the top two maturities, but somehow I think the same thing is going to happen again.

It would be very nice if FPC was able to provide more than a couple one-sentence replies to the many questions in this thread. I'm not gonna hop around threatening legal action, but I will say that I am quite disappointed so far in how this contest is shaping up.

Edit: I decided to abandon and re-take the mission, and my first kill was a Cornundacauda Mature. It correctly sorted me into Category 1 and I'm now accumulating points properly. Anyone having the issue might want to consider trying the same thing.

Post-edit: I then killed a Cornundacauda Prowler (tagged it thinking it was a Provider) and was re-sorted (even though by then I had almost 300 points) into category 4. I promptly logged off and I'm going to wait until Monday before I log in again. This is pointless.

Last edited:
I think a clearer clarification is needed. Those affected have been bumped to cat 4. Can the mission tracker now accepts kill point for mobs in cat 1? Will the points be tracked correctly? Seems like some beta testers are needed, lol.

Well technically we are the Beta testers. Alpha testing is what needs to be improved sins it did not take a hunter 30 min to discover a simple bug that should not have made it into public beta testing witch appears to be their way of doing things

Please be patient, once MA figures out an ending to the Harbringer event, they will concentrate on MM :laugh:

Why should he need to prove that?

Something that's flawed is flawed and in this case does not generate a competition that is fair.

At this present moment in time we do not know if the mobs killed so far count or if the extension applies to all categories and we have no official answers. This alone will lead to unequalities for particpants because some may not be able to end at the new deadline e.g. if they had something important planned while it may benefit others...

Losses due to bugs is something you expressly allow for (ok, "MA disclaims liability for", but it ends up being the same thing) by agreeing to the EULA. So as long as it was really a bug that did this, it will be extremely hard to bring any legal action. You would need to show that it was deliberately put there or that it was known about and some people were notified or similar.

To look at this from another side - the "fair" vs "unfair" competition side, then for it to be unfair, somebody would need to be favoured in some way, intentionally or not. Unexpected circumstances coming up in the course of it is not something that makes it unfair. For example, the servers might be down all of Wednesday due to some unforeseen ddos at the ma netherlands ISP, quite possibly targeting another customer there. And this would not make it into an unfair competition, never mind that some people might have organised for a 16 hour hunt on Wednesday.

That all said - its seriously weird seeing people complain how they laid exquisite plans for winning the MM and are now horribly inconvinienced by an outage of 24-36 hours. What if it was instead a real outage?

Sorry for not reading the whole thread, its pretty much useless atm to hunt in cat 1 right?

I'm sorry, but this is a contradiction.

I admit it might sound like a contradiction, if you don't read between the lines :girl:
It is not when basic problems keeps resurfacing for years and years.

There are many ways to prevent this type of problems before going into production with software, even without the need for testers in the classical way we all think about when it is about development ... but that is off topic, so I don't dive into that here ;)

lol all i hear is wrong white cat1, im at cat3 onley me that having this problem??? plz answer.

Cat I and III both,... don't know the specifics about 3

Sorry for not reading the whole thread, its pretty much useless atm to hunt in cat 1 right?

If the bug has already affected you, then yes. If you haven't started yet, then avoid the top two Cornundacauda maturities and you should be okay.

-pioneer

would it be possible for the mission team at fpc to edit the MM description in the mission interface? or prehaps move the kill point total to the top of the MM mission interface?

every time i kill a feff it updates and scrolls back up to hide my points :/ i dont want to scroll back down every time i kill a feff, as that takes me about 15 seconds or less, and i do want to keep a closer eye on my point total.

Since I couldn't hunt any cornundacaudas (CC) and get any points for them, I stayed logged today just hanging around and hunting other mobs.

I'm sure when the bug is fixed, my log in time (while I wasn't able to hunt CC), will be set to zero. I haven't kept track of the time.

If not, please clarify the issue, and lots of avatars say goodbye to MM this year (if they haven't done so yet).

:xmad:

didn't see many hunters up at Zeus today when I did a little hunt. Not taking MM too seriously, but would not mind a diploma... and besides that corn is one of the main mobs I normally hunt anyways.

It's a shame it's happened.. but it has. The event should be extended by however many hours it takes the bug to be rectified (i.e. 1 day, 24 hours.. 2 days 48) to allow a fair make up of time for all and responsible gameplay.

Note to FPC/MA/all planet partners. Hire (more??) testers and a PR department. Your communication sucks.

Happy holidays.

Just in case anyone is itching to kill tons of stalker/prowler cornundacauda who isn't participating in MM....Fort Ares spawn location is completely overrun with them. I've been flying in and out of that area picking off all the other maturities and now it's almost completely stalker/prowler :-(. The map is a solid red dot of tasty taste. Wish I could kill em. Gonna have to find another area cause there's nothing left to kill.

Cheers,

-Sky

Just in case anyone is itching to kill tons of stalker/prowler cornundacauda who isn't participating in MM....Fort Ares spawn location is completely overrun with them. I've been flying in and out of that area picking off all the other maturities and now it's almost completely stalker/prowler :-(. The map is a solid red dot of tasty taste. Wish I could kill em. Gonna have to find another area cause there's nothing left to kill.

Cheers,

-Sky

lol Epic fail saw that one comming :D

Just in case anyone is itching to kill tons of stalker/prowler cornundacauda who isn't participating in MM....Fort Ares spawn location is completely overrun with them.

And, ummm... where exactly is that spawn, please? :tongue2:

They could never have regular players as beta testers, the beta testers would have a big advantage when it comes to price changes, just look at when they changed the tier system, many materials skyrocket in price and some weapons also raised in price.
MA would never want that to happen.

Since I couldn't hunt any cornundacaudas (CC) and get any points for them, I stayed logged today just hanging around and hunting other mobs.

I'm sure when the bug is fixed, my log in time (while I wasn't able to hunt CC), will be set to zero. I haven't kept track of the time.

If not, please clarify the issue, and lots of avatars say goodbye to MM this year (if they haven't done so yet).

:xmad:

Unfortunately mate i doubt that will happen (reseting the clock i mean), they will extend the gameplay but as some people hunted lower maturities i doubt they will reset the clock... it would be wise to give people a choice to reset their clock AND point count or keep previous MM progress but i assume it would have to be coded by MM and its not really possible:)

wtf. looks like they onley fix cat1. STILL have problems in cat3. :mad:

I havent seen an announcement that anything has been fixed yet

no but all i can read is that cat1 will be fixed, maby i have wrong?
Havent heard anyone else in cat3 that having this problem.

Back