Help: Message: EU is offline for maintenance or upgrades.

khage

Hatchling
As of May 23rd, I was running PE with no problems. Overnight I had my video card <Nvidia> crash and subsequently upgraded it. Now my problem is I get the message "EU is down for maintenance or upgrades and cannot login." Since then I have been in contact with support and tried numerous things to remedy the situation to no avail. My IE is not on work offline, Nortons firewall is configured, ran tools to verify my installation, uninstalled/reinstalled. I havent made any changes to my computer outside of getting a new video card and yet I cant find a solution. I am new to forums since I have never had any need to seek assistance prior to this but I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thank You

just to trouble shoot it , try turning your firewall completley off just b4 u log on ,if it goes ok u know its your firewall . Make sure your not runing other stuff that needs connection when u do it.turn windows firewall on too just for some security if u have windows (for what its worth).
My main firewall has issues with some online games , even when set to allow they block it or part of it and gives no popup that it has blocked anything .
I was a bit parranoid at first but ive played lots without firewall and nothing bad happened yet , even beter if you use wireless conection because they are pretty secure on their own .

I remember having similar issues not long after 10.0, which apparantly affected quite a few nVidia cards. I managed to solve it by going into the nVidia Control Panel and actually de-tuning the speeds a little to log in, and when the game picked up just turned it back up. You don't have that option on every version of the Control Panel, though ... I think some others got by it by minimizing the window, or having something else running. Somehow, rendering the login screen made the card tie up the PC I guess, and it made the game lose connection ... no idea. Driver issue, maybe?

I don't know of anyone still having those problems, but it's the only thing that comes to mind.

Thanks for the input. I have tried turning my firewall off completely and still the same message persists. As far as my Nvidia control panel I have a Geoforce 8400 GS and just purchased it and installed the drivers. Unfortunately I cannot find anyway to de-tune the settings outside of simple color settings. This is extremely frustrating, since if it were any number of other errors I was receiving I believe Id have found a solution here and been able to solve it.

Yeah, the newest drivers don't have that option for whatever reason. You'd have to step back to the 182's or 185's if I remember right ... there's a 'Performance' section. You could always try opening up another game, or a hi-res video or something, and put a load on it ...

Of course, I have NO idea what I'm talking about XoD ... didn't even think an 8400 could play this game, or if it would be tweakable to begin with to be honest. What did you upgrade from?

I had a Geoforce 7600 which ran it without a problem. Up until last Saturday before it took a crap. Im an avid gamer and have played many mmos and its served me well for the most part, albeit on my mediocre system. I was hoping someone else had experienced this problem and had a definitive solution that worked out. Not being able to get on has got me itchy since I cancelled my Aion and Warhammer accounts.

AFAIK 7600 > 8400 so i have my doubts about an 8400 too, but it seems like a strange way for it to not work. This message also shows up when wrong parameters are sent to the client when it is started, but that seems unlikely. When you uninstalled, did you make sure the registry entries were purged and the directories all deleted?

Problem solved, and I believe I have isolated it. However I didnt fix the problem only took it out of the equation. I had been running PE on my computer from my house when my video card went out. Since then I had taken my computer to my girlfriends and fixed the video card and only tried to connect there. She has the same ISP provider as I do at my house but apparently the settings of her modem are not compatable to run PE. Once I brought my computer back to my house I was able to connect instantly with no problems. I read in another post how someone changed a setting of PPPoE, I believe, to PPPoA and it helped him connect. Ill try that on hers to see if that works but in the meantime hopefully if someone else has this problem they know right where to look rather than spend days troubleshooting the problem. Thanks to those who responded with helpful advice.

Back