Mindark fix this!! (Hogglo Diablo event)

SHY

Stalker
A lot of players hovering with Sleipnirs and Vtols above the Hogglo Diablo to get some pilotskills.
Pretty annoying for a hunter when a idiot lands between the players and blocking their shots!!

MindArk fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDITED
OR

Maybe dont fix this......

Decay is good for income.

Last edited:
You can get pilot skills from fly around a mob? Cool, i'm flying over there now, thanks for the info.

This is what became of the event:

hogglo_event.jpg

Is that thing in the middle a new type of robot? :laugh:

and some more....

attachment.php

became unplayable...

Thanks for info bro, heading there too

lol I wouldnt think the pilot skill increases would be that large.
Im not there and dont plan on but that looks a real pain in the ass for those that are trying to kill those mobs.
Needs a patch.

You can get pilot skills from fly around a mob? Cool, i'm flying over there now, thanks for the info.

As I understand it, you can get pilot skills when flying within range of any mob that does area-of-effect-type damage.
I first heard of it years ago when people were skilling it over Scoria hunters on Arkadia.

The skill gains are insane. Get a sleip and get over here...I shot for 8 hours straight too on hogglos and loot was fine too.

The skill gains are insane. Get a sleip and get over here...I shot for 8 hours straight too on hogglos and loot was fine too.

Throughout it I got the impression that loot was anus, but upon summing it up it was alright. Glad to see the ath is still out there waiting for me...

---

This pilot skilling thing, feature or exploit?

As far as I know, it's a feature, although I've not tried it myself.
I was told that the vehicles sustain damage to structural integrity, and require repair.
So the skillgain would be earned, not free, and balanced in the usual way.

Throughout it I got the impression that loot was anus, but upon summing it up it was alright. Glad to see the ath is still out there waiting for me...

---

yeah after about 6 hours of losing constantly, we got some big ones finally, couple hours after you left ....when the 11k hit most people were in the air :)

wait til you see this place now....

I think it's pretty clear this is an abuse of the system, come on. But yeah, go leech your skillz, take advantage as much as you can. Then wonder why there are so many scammers, exploiters, etc... for the same reason you are there :thumbup:

People there wanting to shoot must be pretty pissed having to play with 5fps because of you :)

I think it's pretty clear this is an abuse of the system, come on. But yeah, go leech your skillz, take advantage as much as you can. Then wonder why there are so many scammers, exploiters, etc... for the same reason you are there :thumbup:

People there wanting to shoot must be pretty pissed having to play with 5fps because of you :)

i think they semi happy cuz slep and quads taking the bulk of the aoe damage and they can just shoot naked whole time

i think they semi happy cuz slep and quads taking the bulk of the aoe damage and they can just shoot naked whole time

Just like they did before the vtol spam, because it doesnt take a lot of people to tank the AoE damage. Try to justify it as much as you want.

Just like they did before the vtol spam, because it doesnt take a lot of people to tank the AoE damage. Try to justify it as much as you want.

right cuz 10 hunters naked or 15 hunters naked would not die form those diablo cuz the 80+ plane above em isnt making it cheaper for them and i am sure MA hates teh fact that the 16tt of slepnir in my storage which would of lasted 5 more years is now gone and i am on my 3rd slepnir and the crafters must hate this cuz mu went from 125% to 250% yeah ur so right everyone is losing on this lets just all /wrist now

before vehicles ppl could take 10-20 dmg, you can hunt naked with the ammount of vehicles/people here and be hit for 1-3 (at least i was) with no armor

right cuz 10 hunters naked or 15 hunters naked would not die form those diablo cuz the 80+ plane above em isnt making it cheaper for them and i am sure MA hates teh fact that the 16tt of slepnir in my storage which would of lasted 5 more years is now gone and i am on my 3rd slepnir and the crafters must hate this cuz mu went from 125% to 250% yeah ur so right everyone is losing on this lets just all /wrist now

There were a lot more than 10 or 15 people there before the vtol/quad spam. Most left when the leech fest started, including two guys that were happily streaming on twitch. I don't care go ahead and abuse it, hurry up and go leech skills guys. This is why we can't have nice things.

I'm nobody to tell you what to do, I'm just pointing out that this is a clear abuse and not intended at all from MAs side.

There were a lot more than 10 or 15 people there before the vtol/quad spam. Most left when the leech fest started, including two guys that were happily streaming on twitch. I don't care go ahead and abuse it, hurry up and go leech skills guys. This is why we can't have nice things.

I'm nobody to tell you what to do, I'm just pointing out that this is a clear abuse and not intended at all from MAs side.

How is this leech/exploit?

This is as much of exploit as people walking on the ground with herb box / SI heart fapping and taking hits, because the skill gains on these hogglos are fairly large.

Difference being, with vehicles you get 0% return, hunting you get some along deffensive cost,
With vehicles you burn them and the oil, and in a way, hunters are getting their damage reduced by the aoe and can hunt with no armor.

As far as i knew there were server tests to handle stress, this is a good one to see that EU isnt optimal yet, better, but not yet, there's between 100-120 people on radar with all vehicles. and i havent crashed, in the past i would've crashed non stop on same pc setup

EDIT:

Forgot to mention, exploit would be if there was a non vehicle area and you'd be there with one, which happened in the past and still possible in some areas.

Last edited:

Well, this very same thing happened last year during the big robot shared loot event (purifier, purger or whatever I can't remember north of Troy) where a few individuals where hovering them with their vtols. Oh the local chat was in anger with them, rawrr ban the exploiters !!. And now it's perfectly fine, it's funny how people change sides when things go in their benefit.

I don't think I can contribute much more to this thread, that's just my opinion.

Well, this very same thing happened last year during the big robot shared loot event (purifier, purger or whatever I can't remember north of Troy) where a few individuals where hovering them with their vtols. Oh the local chat was in anger with them, rawrr ban the exploiters !!. And now it's perfectly fine, it's funny how people change sides when things go in their benefit.

I don't think I can contribute much more to this thread, that's just my opinion.

I didnt change side towards it
On the vortex people were blocking the view of hunters, making it impossible to hunt, atm few do that most stand in the air

Just one question:

MS Repairing is exploit? No. This is skilling for players money.
On hogglo we see similar situation. Quads and Sleipnirs recieving high incoming damage.
Also vehicles decay is so terrible... You still think that this is exploit?

Wherever there is AoE damage, there are issues like this.

as i understand as decay goes to loot, all hunters gets way better loot if alot sleips or vechiles is decayed. so rly good to go hunt there since mob receives alot ped from decay. and who skilling pylot get decay that should be more tt thna they get skills in tt.

i dont see nothing wrong here, same as motherships skilling pylot, or vanguards
all knows that all vechiles decayed goes to loot of that exact mob same as armor decay.

Last edited:
Listen...I spent the bulk of my 8 hours there yelling at the vtol skillers at first, but then something occurred to me as I was shooting...

I remember MA saying that the space transport missions would be based on LEVELS. Spacecraft Captain I think....so this makes perfect sense that they did this before the update, so there are lots of people with the skill, and lots of skill out there to buy from skill farmers...

Relax, it's probably their intention.

skilling pilot ok, but dont block the view people!

Back