Miner Friendly-LAs: a suggestion

Fin

Alpha
Society
Federation of Free Wanderers
Finbar Fin McCullouch
ATM land areas work well for hunters, mainly because the land owners can build up and maintain a good stock of mobs. So why not ask MA to allow land owners to provide similar benefits for miners? One approach would be to enable owners to construct and run Finder Amplification Masts that increased the chance of mining success for anyone prospecting around them.

Each land owner could then decide whether they wanted to emphasise hunting, mining or (on the larger LAs) go for both.

So- is there a version of this idea that is workable/desirable?

ATM land areas work well for hunters, mainly because the land owners can build up and maintain a good stock of mobs. So why not ask MA to allow land owners to provide similar benefits for miners? One approach would be to enable owners to construct and run Finder Amplification Masts that increased the chance of mining success for anyone prospecting around them.

Each land owner could then decide whether they wanted to emphasise hunting, mining or (on the larger LAs) go for both.

So- is there a version of this idea that is workable/desirable?

Don't think so.

What is the only good about LAs is that you may concentrate on the mob you desire, like, you pay the tax to save time and maybe gain more long-term by having shorter pauses between kills than by killing them without tax other places. And so on.

As for miners, some LAs might seem attractive because the territory it is on has good markups; it is sure everybody knowing about it would go and mine around it, but less will dare to enter the land, especially if it has many mobs around. So there is some escape from overmining this way.

As for mining, there really isn't any place for customization; IRL, people can affect and change fauna, here too; IRL, people cannot change the whole terrain, here too; Besides, if you may select animals that live there, ores cannot be chosen as the territory itself is as this mob, and ores- its loot you may get. Density is how much mobs are around, but increasing chances of find is like increasing the chance to loot the mob instead, so it's a wrong assumption you're having. The land is everywhere anyways, unlike mobs.

So overall, it would mean that in those territories, by your suggestion, MA would be giving away MORE... :rolleyes: which they, sadly, won't :D

With the number of Land Areas MA has cashed-in last 3-5 months the avg income of most Land Areas has gone down & only few Land Areas with unique mobs like hoggs, desp etc are doing good.
Land Areas needs tuning up, but as MA has said recently in Xfire event most of major changes will now be applied after implimented CryTech.Nice Idea though

Yes there are differences between how MA handles ores and mobs but maybe they are not as unchangable as they seem.

Until LAs appeared only MA decided where a mob was found. Now part of that decision is franchised to land owners. So now when MA are balancing mob levels and types of drops outside the land areas they must factor in a percentage to allow for the mobs currently being bred and killed in the LAs. Big overall imbalances could develop if all the LAs went for the same few types of mobs. To prevent this MA relies in the longer term on market competition between LA owners and altering the rate of drops of key DNA-relevant mob parts.

So could this work for ores/enmatters too? Maybe, if owners could only construct an amplifier mast designed for a single ore. To make that they would need to have one or two key ore-specific mast components which MA would keep in short supply (as with mob-related DNA parts). Again the competition element would also encourage different owners to go for different ores in the same way owners now usually go for different mobs.

I agree that my idea of increasing the find rate for ores would not work- but how about increasing the find size instead? Then the mast works just as amplifiers do now, but operates for everyone near the mast, not just an individual user.

I agree too that this would mean that more of a given ore would be found in that area. But MA would not need to give away more to provide this- they would either rebalance find levels elsewhere or let the market price fall.

This raises a very big disadvantage though- it means a higher percentage of available ores would be in taxable areas, so miner costs on average go up, whether or not they go into the mining LAs. Would it be worth this for miners if they got some LAs where they were likely to get rather bigger finds for particular ores/enmatters and have less problems with mobs? Maybe, maybe not.

I don´t like this idea.
You want bigger finds, go buy an amp. Why the hell shoud a Landowner pay for your increased profit.

More Mobs and bigger Mobs, thats what Landowners can do, but both isn´t more loot. Your suggestion is just give me more loot and let the LA owner pay for my increased chances. Damn NO!

Having to choose what the land will contain is like choosing what the mob will loot;

If we could do that, all the markups would become the same and mining- less profitable :/

Your suggestion is just give me more loot and let the LA owner pay for my increased chances.

Er...no. The idea is that if they wish owners could consider it as a new option for them. If they didnt think it would be worth doing in terms of increased income from more miners visiting their land they wouldn't do it, and nobody would expect them to.

I agree that increasing the hit rate or sizes of the finds can not be done for the reasons stated in the posts before.

But maybe your idea is in the right direction. You cant change the return rates for better or worse (apart from the tax), but perhaps LA owners should be allowed to influence the types of minerals found on their land. Have some rare mineral enhancers for specific resources that raise the chance of finding it on your LA.
Obviously you cant have a situation of every second find a ruga, or anything like that. But if the chances for gold are a tad higher, or even if you raise the ratio of narc finds on account of lyst, those are things that could attract miners to land.

Another idea is to have some sort of condition bar for a land owner to set. Max condition would be like CND (much less finds, but bigger in size), and min condition would be regular calypso mining.

I would welcome any changes that add some more options to mining, and it would also be nice for landowners to have some new aspects to compete on.

changing what you will find - another LAs which had high price due to rare finds becoming worth less. (not good idea), I know of two ruga LAs and both are _highly_ taxed (anything over 0% is high for me anyway).

changing size/frequency of finds - I doubt that anything you do will increase your TT return ratio, only skills and better tools / weapons do that, IMHO not the way MA intended EU to be, besides that where would money for that come from ?.. (landowner who would tax them back anyway ?.. :laugh:)

changing LA to behave like CND (bigger/less frequent) - ND would probably go shoot MA stuff - no reason to go try "luck" on CND.

anyway I don't really mine on LAs (well only if I feel lucky and I can find rares), so I don't really care :silly2:

Almost any LA can be friendly to miners :)

So far I guess I mined in nearly all LA's - of course in some I had good luck and good claims and in others I was doing rather poor or even very bad. The point is, that not LA's should be blamed for poor results, but skills\finder and (whats most important) time - if you chose a bad time to mine in LA that was lucky for you many times, you'll lose and you can help it ;)

The more I mine, the more I'm positive, that all areas can be good for mining and there may be ath hiding anywhere - you just need some ped and a lot of patience.

As for tax at LA's - that shouldn't be a problem at all... If I hit very poor claim, then I'm paying 5 pec and thats nothing... And if I will happen to hit 100k ped ath in LA with 5% tax, then I'll be more than glad to pay 5k ped to the land owner :)

Generally I like the LA's as they work now - the only thing that could change is the density of mobs in some areas (like Shinook River), but thats the owner's will. Owners can't decide what ores\enmatts can be found at their areas, but MA does it on their behalf and as a miner I dont have problem with that ;)

Back