Mining.. WTF?

I'm just not mining, or playing for that matter, until they fix the excavation equipment.

Same here: not playing until it is fixed. And I'm quite upset about it, because I couldn't play for a long time because I was so busy IRL. Now I managed to schedule some EU-time and it is fucked!

I am so upset I chipped my skills and my amp is for sale. Other than that....cool beans. :)

I was finally able to try some mining today, and to my utter dismay it is BROKEN. Finds are not what they should be and excavators are all so incredibly slow since the archeology skill is currently nerfed. I can't believe MA would make it so that you had to max out 3 professional levels to use the shit. I for one am fed up with this crap MA tries to pull every VU.

~Danimal

The depth is a visual bug, at least from my runs my depth was in the right area despite it saying I only had around 200m.

It is a visual bug only if you mine only Ore, or only Enmatter.

If you mine both, it is a design error, MA failed to take into account what should happen if your lower Profession is below the min SIB level for the Finder.

The reply from Kim|Mindark in the Q&A section showed that he too either didn't understand this, or was being deliberatly evasive.

Fixing this will require significant adjustment to the finder design, not just a display bug fix.

rotten tomatoes at their windows, now!
gief mining back.

Status - Personal mining suspended until issues / bugs are fixed.

I liked Arkadia and i actually started to play again.....but after a couple of bombs i was about to take my PC and throw it out from the balcony! They just HAVE to screwe something up, and this is one of the more retarded fuckups i have ever come around in an MMO. Fantastic, just Fantastic!

I can even go as long as to compare it to SWG and its NGE!

You go Mindark, keep Reaching for that Rainbow mates:dunce:

Finders show low depth but they function normally. Shows something like 200-300 depth but almost all my claims are 500+ meters as they are should be.

Bigger problem is extractors, every lyst claim is one too many :laugh:

It is a visual bug only if you mine only Ore, or only Enmatter.

If you mine both, it is a design error, MA failed to take into account what should happen if your lower Profession is below the min SIB level for the Finder.

The reply from Kim|Mindark in the Q&A section showed that he too either didn't understand this, or was being deliberatly evasive.

Fixing this will require significant adjustment to the finder design, not just a display bug fix.

i dont think it work that way.
you can use the finder for the type you have maxed just like before so if you mine for both without having both maxed you just arent using the tool to its max for that type.

i doubt it has anything to do with treasure hunting cuz im lvl 13 treasure hunter and still cant max a tt tool, and the bug didnt accour when treasure hunting was implemented, it came when they fixed the bugged ore mining claims.

tools/excavators worked fine until they released the mini patch to fix that. thats why i doubt it has anything to do with the treasure hunting profession.

P.S. i might be wrong but thats how i see it

Its got to be a bug, for slowing down how much money you throw on the ground doesnt make business sense, I have so far only made a few short runs, cause it takes just too long to extract, and its boring as hell.
If the extraction isnt fixed soon, I'm just not mining, and since thats all I do, O well MA, its your loss.

Von

Total agreement!
Its all well and good playing late on a Friday night and enjoying having a beer knowing one doesnt have to get up early the next day. The hours can tick by while mining and exploring, having some fun. Last night I sank lower and lower in my chair pulling up ample, then large Lyst. It was worse than watching FUC&ING PAINT DRY!!

I logged off and went to bed :dunno:

you can use the finder for the type you have maxed just like before so if you mine for both without having both maxed you just arent using the tool to its max for that type.

i doubt it has anything to do with treasure hunting cuz im lvl 13 treasure hunter and still cant max a tt tool, and the bug didnt accour when treasure hunting was implemented, it came when they fixed the bugged ore mining claims.

tools/excavators worked fine until they released the mini patch to fix that. thats why i doubt it has anything to do with the treasure hunting profession.

The profession to extract treasure is called Archaeologist

just a thought.

oa109 bug gave way to many resources on the economy. (balance manager sees numbers, not if those resources are in a unlocked account). lets put in a nerf in bug claims they said. ups peeps caught us on that. lets undo that and put in another bug. the excavator bug.

just a thought, just a tought

A player can only mine for both if his Profession Levels puts him above the min SIB Level for both. If one is still below, he should not be able to use it. And even if both are in range, the Finder must display both depths.

This flaw has been there since the tools were combined, i.e before the mini-patch. The implementation of Treasure Hunting at the same time is not relevant; the design doesn't work for two Professions, and it doesn't work for three.

I think you are being confused by the other bugs such as the single depth being displayed as the wrong value, but you are wrong I'm afraid. MA's attempt to let players use just one Finder or Excavator is fundamentally flawed.

Hopefully the long delay in releasing a patch means that MA have recognised this, and are working on a proper solution, and aren't just fixing the simple bugs.

Last edited:
A player can only mine for both if his Profession Levels puts him above the min SIB Level for both. If one is still below, he should not be able to use it. And even if both are in range, the Finder must display both depths.

Yes. And there probably is a need for the existing mean average depth (as currently displayed) so that the user/finder's mean depth capability can be used for other future equipment/professional/reward requirements. So four depth displays on the current finder (1 mean + 3 average).

the design doesn't work for two Professions, and it doesn't work for three.

MA's attempt to let players use just one Finder or Excavator is fundamentally flawed.

I don't see that at all, if I've understood you correctly. And apologies if I haven't.

There's no evidence that MA+ has tried to provide just one finder for all uses. That's your assumption. What they seem to have done is provide a single finder for users who have one or more skills in the finder's range. That's an excellent forward step. Anyone else is going to have to use two or more finders - that's fine, that's what they were doing before - but there's a current design fault. Each finder needs to retain it's last used options (ore, enmatter, ore+enmatter, etc.). If that retention problem is fixed, I don't see why anyone should complain about single/multiple.

Hopefully the long delay in releasing a patch means that MA have recognised this, and are working on a proper solution, and aren't just fixing the simple bugs.

Yes, I'm sure that that's where the problem lies. The concept is right (given MA+'s vision for the platform), but I suspect the ramifications weren't thought through properly. The 'bugs' are consequences of the design haze.

I must admit that I find the 'platform vision' a problem. I love the idea of a platform, with users being able to travel (and use acquired skills) between the constituent parts, but I hate the attempt to fuse the planets together with combined resources, announcements, equipment, etc.. I want each planet to be a unique experience.

[edit: though, in the case of this finder change, fine. I can see treasure being used as a feature on Calypso as well as Arkadia]

I don't see that at all, if I've understood you correctly. And apologies if I haven't.

There's no evidence that MA+ has tried to provide just one finder for all uses. That's your assumption. What they seem to have done is provide a single finder for users who have one or more skills in the finder's range. That's an excellent forward step. Anyone else is going to have to use two or more finders - that's fine, that's what they were doing before - but there's a current design fault. Each finder needs to retain it's last used options (ore, enmatter, ore+enmatter, etc.). If that retention problem is fixed, I don't see why anyone should complain about single/multiple.

That's fine; we agree on the solutions; a Finder has to retain its last use; multiple depths have to be displayed.

But these flaws are surely either evidence that MA did try to have one finder for all uses, or they are evidence that they are simply inept (or both). How many experienced miners (above Level 20 say) have their two profession levels within 5 levels of each other? I don't, and I don't know anyone who does. And any of them could have told MA that their design wasn't going to work.

Last edited:
That's fine; we agree on the solutions; a Finder has to retain its last use; multiple depths have to be displayed.

But these flaws are surely either evidence that MA did try to have one finder for all uses, or they are evidence that they are simply inept (or both). How many experienced miners (above Level 20 say) have their two profession levels within 5 levels of each other? I don't, and I don't know anyone who does. And any of them could have told MA that their design wasn't going to work.

I have lvl 53 prospecting and lvl 47 survey...that's pretty close..won't be any time soon that I will get 48 surveyor though..

Arghhhhhhh 5 hours of mining

Hi all.

Just returned 3 days ago to wonderfull Calypso. Today i hit a claime F.O.M.A the size was Huge :D well now to the bad part about something good. It is melchi water and this will take foever to drill. Bloody hope thay change this soon. Dont want to use all night drilling.

Regards.
lana

How many experienced miners (above Level 20 say) have their two profession levels within 5 levels of each other? I don't, and I don't know anyone who does.

You may have to change your definition of 'experienced miner' to above Level 35. I'm on Prospecting 32 and Surveying 30 :D

Checking on that did prompt me to look at the new professions. I'm on Level 11 as Treasure Hunter and Level 2 as Archaeologist. Why the difference?

There was a time when I'd see a trox alpha old and I would blow its head off, that was over 4 1/2 years ago and now I have been running from trox young for last couple years cause they made it better. My skills don't mean shit.

Big problem when MA says this is working right, but we can tell there are visual bugs and somethings not working right. Some ones lying and from my experience, its the mean whinny player base...opps, I meant to say, Mind Ark.

Why the hell is treasure hunting going to effect your mining averages but yet you cant do it any where but Arcadia? I have a skill that brings my mining average down and based off of a planet that came 6 years later? When will my back flipping skill that they add some where in the future negatively effect how many times I get hit by Hogglo?

If this is nrf or hidden tax bug...just wow. MA and the greedy people that take their ques from them have about completely destroyed what FOMA should be, fuck it, wipe your ass with the rest of the system.

And since im ranty, we got like 1k plus guns but mining needed to simplified? You guys are pure genius, we have wanted more finders for years, screw that, you guys made it way better than we could had dreamed. Cant wait till the only gun that drops comes out of the TT and is L but you can adjust the fire rate or use any ammo you want....better huh...excuse my French, MA un peu retard.

Ok, I release this thread back to its normal scheduled programing.

:guide::scared::makelove::poke:

Hi all.

Just returned 3 days ago to wonderfull Calypso. Today i hit a claime F.O.M.A the size was Huge :D well now to the bad part about something good. It is melchi water and this will take foever to drill. Bloody hope thay change this soon. Dont want to use all night drilling.

Regards.
lana

Ya know...as a "Tower Virgin" I have to say: What you posted sounds like a "High Class" problem to me. Or in other words...a GOOD problem to HAVE.

Drill Babe Drill

:headbang:

Back