miss rate and damage

sledge-

Prowler
Society
Raumschiff Titanic reloaded
Sledge Sledge Sulaweyo
I'm using Korss H400 for a while now and was quite happy with it but in the last weeks i'm a bit frustrated.
My miss rate has increased dramaticly and the avg damage has gone down too - not in the stats but what i get ... at my last hunt i had more than 60% of the hits in the lower quarter of the damage interval :scratch2:
Maybe its just me so can anybody confirm this?

PS: Yes it's maxed out

i've noticed a lot more missed shots with my m2a :S ~(maxed ofc)

thought it was just me

same here, with a korss h380+a103

Total pointless misses, aiming at a feffoids belly and still missing for three times in a row? with maxed stats, total nonsense :mad:

Yep 380 and 400 and M2a. noticing it too.

MkII, marber bravo rarely miss. go figure. I only like shooting with MkII now. With a tag from bravo.

Seems to be the lag factor for me. But soc mates are indicating much worse lag than i have.

I've had these kind of misses for some time and presume it's due to packet loss or delays processing the shot at the server end.

Until recently (last minipatch I think) the shot would usually just register late (up to 10 secs after firing). Now, however, they don't seem to register ever.
Needless to say it's not much fun hunting when the server seems to think you are firing a good proportion of your ammo into thin air :(

My regular setup is an adj m61a5 and DOA LM, after looting a kross 400 and riker ul1 I decided to do some eco hunting.

Here's the strange thing. When I switched from the normal weapons to the L weapons my miss rate decreased dramatically (anecdote: with 4.2 HA on the m61a5, I get an eco of 2.6 dmg/pec). However, after about 300 peds of ammo, my miss rate increased dramatically. To roughly the same as my normal weapons.
I don't think my game play changed significantly over the period.
Weird.

Good to hear that i'm not the only one ... oh wait thats BAD!
My miss shot rekord: 10 misses for an armax bull mature :hammer:

My first thought was lag too but lags are not new and i always had them.
Well HA 3.5 is still not good but i don't miss much more often with standard guns, tested that today. That has a good thing, i no longer have to pay for a new L gun every 2 days :D

However, after about 300 peds of ammo, my miss rate increased dramatically. To roughly the same as my normal weapons.
I don't think my game play changed significantly over the period.
Weird.
One possibility is during the hunt you moved into 'peak time'. I have noticed that certain times of day are really bad for these kind of misses while at others the problem pretty much disappears.

This may be due to extra load on MA's servers but could equally be due to your ISP introducing traffic shaping and deliberately dropping packets that are not seen as priority ones. Many ISP's are now surreptitiously doing this at peak times (which is usually about 5pm-11pm) or simply when they decide the traffic is too high.

Whatever the cause it seems that MA's network code copes badly with stuff like this. In fact it copes worse than it used to if my experience and comments from some other players are anything to go by.

Cheers Demonic,

I'm pretty sure I ran into that time during gameplay, actually - most of it was in that timeframe.

The other thing in favour of 'outwith our control' is I've just switched ISP's. According to their support it'll take 10 or so days for my line to settle down.

Regardless of all that, I have had a good few support cases about missed shots ranging back to my begining. They ARE my pet hate in EU.
If only they would release official figures on how many shots we should miss at a given skill level.

i miss less with my marber compared to m3a(fully maxed), ratio wise obviously...

lag could explain it...

but seriously i dont get it how can one miss shooting a feffoid that is standing right in front of u, shooting it into the belly lol:confused:

Back