Mister Calypso 2012

There will always be drama when someone wins these things. Someone's feelings will always be hurt, someone will always disagree with the winners choice of outfits.
Freyr himself posted a big drama post when I won miss calypso in 2010... so it's no surprise that there is some drama now :)

I think everyone did a great job, It takes alot of effort on people's part to get up there and compete, and when it comes to something as personal as fashion, what one person thinks it hot..another thinks it's not.

I agree with whoever said that you shouldn't compete the very next year after you won... it's why I didn't compete in 2011, and even when I joined this year, I backed out at the last minute this year because I was on the fence whether I should since I've already won before... but I certainly agree with not competing the very next year.. but that's my opinion... I never said I was right..

The main thing is to have fun... It was a great event, I really enjoyed it.

Congratulations to the winners, and big gratz to all those that went out there and strutted their stuff :)

Sorry but I gotta say it....

.... guys bitch worse than girls! :laugh:

C'mon guys, it was a good fun event, So you dont agree with the results, we dont all like the same things :)

Dont worry, be happy ;)

C'mon guys, it was a good fun event, So you dont agree with the results, we dont all like the same things :)

Dont worry, be happy ;)

:lolup::laugh: this is my first time watching and was a Awesome Event!!...Congratulations to All the winners in both pagents!!....:wtg:

Wow, this is what happens when people just cant lose :)
Dude, I DONT CARE who wins, I got NOTHING in these events. I actually put 250 peds into these events from my OWN pocket. Also I put a lot of time and effort in it, with all the answers to everyone in PMs and negotiations with Justin(PCF).
The judges did NOT know who the other JUDGES were. They only found out AFTER the event was over. Only I knew all the judges and they ALL sent me their scores. I had an excel sheet open, put it all there, and just ordered it from the MOST to the LEAST, and then I just said the results.

Its sad, that you need post such a thing.

But there is ALWAYS someone that just cant take it.

Yes, pick the post that clearly state that im joking, and call me out on it. I agree, it IS sad that I need to post such a thing. I wish this was only about the PED, but its not, its about a contest that needs some work.

If the best Calypso has to offer is an avatar with yellow coats and pixie.... buying ticket to Arkadia. The contest succeeded and failed at the same time. You might as well have had the judges blindfolded.

Last edited:

Dont worry, be happy ;)

It's a fashion event :) that in itself excludes you from being a guy, it's man law 101 handed down thru the generations of manship.

We dont make the law we just live by them and some go over to the to the other side, we (men) call them... fashion show contestants.

Hence these are not guys bitching and must never be reffered to as guys again they are lost brothers, confused, some may even say brainwashed by women to become one with colour swatches and nice smelling stuff.

We must be vigilant those of us who are left for the walls are crumbling and our very existence is threatened by pink wearing shiny clothed ex men and i dont mean the tough scary ex men i mean men who are no longer men.

You know it makes sense.

just having some fun :)

ps. if you can make pixie look good then you did pretty damn well in my book :)

It's a fashion event :) that in itself excludes you from being a guy, it's man law 101 handed down thru the generations of manship.

We dont make the law we just live by them and some go over to the to the other side, we (men) call them... fashion show contestants.

Hence these are not guys bitching and must never be reffered to as guys again they are lost brothers, confused, some may even say brainwashed by women to become one with colour swatches and nice smelling stuff.

We must be vigilant those of us who are left for the walls are crumbling and our very existence is threatened by pink wearing shiny clothed ex men and i dont mean the tough scary ex men i mean men who are no longer men.

You know it makes sense.

just having some fun :)

ps. if you can make pixie look good then you did pretty damn well in my book :)

:bs:
EDIT: just noticed p.s lol

If the best Calypso has to offer is an avatar with yellow coats and pixie.... buying ticket to Arkadia. The contest succeeded and failed at the same time. You might as well have had the judges blindfolded.

lol sry mate,.
but 1st you complain about outfits beeing to expensive,. and now too cheap ?

I'll add my two pecs to the Nightmare/Freyr discussion.

Nightmare appears to be largely misunderstood by most reading this thread. This is probably due to it being an emotional response and so easy to prejudge what he's saying. This is a frustrating situation to be in, because people will brand him a "moaner" and say that he "can't take it" immediately and without considering what he's actually trying so hard to get across.

After taking the screenies and posting them all up, I got to look through them individually. Small disclaimer here: I am not at all interested in fashion or the results of any dumb fashion show. I also have no negativity for any of the participants in this particular one.

What I noticed was indeed that Freyr's choices didn't even seem to fit up there in the top 3 if you see all the costumes. The only remotely interesting part in his outfits I found was in the Pixie outfit with the clothes matching. Otherwise I think there were plenty of cooler outfits displayed by others. I don't think it's only me who really thinks this either. Now either I have a totally upside down sense of fashion or something's up with that. Maybe I missed some detail in the craftsmanship of the outfits, but is this a connoisseur's fashion show? I thought the point was to create something eye-catching, stunning, innovative or outstanding? Isn't that the point of fashion?

While I must agree with comments about the judges being like sheep although I do know they didn't collaborate to come to their results, there is always a psychological pull when it comes to people like Freyr. To his disadvantage, he is a known avatar and unfortunately cannot stop people from treating him like one. People know him to be a fashion icon and his name is almost synonymous with the industry (at least it is for me). It's easy to see why he'd come out on top of a fashion contest at some point.

Overall though, a nice show. I certainly enjoyed myself.

My money was actually on Zal for number one, that Firewall stuff with the flamethrower was damn cool and original.

Anyway, just chipping in. Will chip out now :)

another thanks

Cheers for the uploaded pics folks. Made me smile, I feel famous.

Rick

Freyr himself posted a big drama post when I won miss calypso in 2010... so it's no surprise that there is some drama now :)

Your right I made BIG drama :)
And i am happy to see it wasnt in vain, cause after my drama alot of changes were made in the event.
Was all for the good of the event, wich eventually this might also be :)

Yeah it sucked to be happy and estatic that I won , to see you post a big FAIL thread about it... :p
But you apologised privately... so I feel bad for you now that the same , more or less is happening to you right now.

And i am happy to see it wasnt in vain, cause after my drama alot of changes were made in the event.

The one thing I will say about the outfits Freyr chose.. perhaps it's a sign of hope for anyone's budget ..that you can win a fashion event without breaking the bank.

I know alot of people say they wont compete in these kind of events because they think you can only win if you spend alot of money on the outfits.

So it was really interesting to see a pixie outfit take the win. Perhaps there will be alot more that will feel confident to compete in next years event because of this. :)

I was in vain. D= Quite literally.

Freyr, I'm pretty sure he means the overall look and feel. If anything you could be wearing Spectr, and it would look the same but cost much more. :p Even you wouldn't have problem being able to afford that. The gripe he has is basically the fact that you have access to all these materials to truly make it unique and amazing, but you chose something simple and easy. The looks are simple. It's commendable, but... I just don't know what to say to be honest. lol I spent so much time and effort on my outfits, and slept in due to a medical issue. I feel really bad, but I too just wish I was seeing a more creative outfit that won. Nightmare had spent a lot of time on his outfit, weeks even, we even discussed a few ideas and collaborating jokes, etc... but he kept his one outfit a secret, the armoured one, and I must say it's extremely bad ass.

I actually meant to say months. lol

I was in vain. D= Quite literally.

Freyr, I'm pretty sure he means the overall look and feel. If anything you could be wearing Spectr, and it would look the same but cost much more. :p Even you wouldn't have problem being able to afford that. The gripe he has is basically the fact that you have access to all these materials to truly make it unique and amazing, but you chose something simple and easy. The looks are simple. It's commendable, but... I just don't know what to say to be honest. lol I spent so much time and effort on my outfits, and slept in due to a medical issue. I feel really bad, but I too just wish I was seeing a more creative outfit that won. Nightmare had spent a lot of time on his outfit, weeks even, we even discussed a few ideas and collaborating jokes, etc... but he kept his one outfit a secret, the armoured one, and I must say it's extremely bad ass.

And he actually was tied with 2 other people on 2nd place in the armor round. Its the last round that he had very low scores. 3 of 4 judges gave him the same score (I dont think thats a coincidence).

But more on scores, in the thread I will post.

Really? The debate is between Nightmare and Freyr?

Well, though Nightmare had very complex texturing, I think it distracted from the overall look.
And, as I said, Freyr is way too garish for my photosensitive eyes (pixie yellow, seriously?).

I think there are many styles that can be quite stunning using well combined clothes and accessories, even without customization. This is just my opinion, but color and texture palettes in Calypso are far from harmonious. Yes, it may take some money to achieve a good balance of colors in your clothes but... well, it's a fashion contest, it should be worth it.

As you know, neither side of this discussion was my fave, but I prefer not to criticize the judges as much as, say, Calypsonian fashion in general.

No there were many good contestants, who had such a good shot at winning! So Nightmare is a good example, but Zal, John Black Knight, Boobie, and Bling, had really good chances. Also, Bling has one of Omega's image in his section ( you must correct) lol

About Nightmare's bathing suit round and low scores. You may notice that I didn't get screenies of it at all (not the only one I didn't get screenies of but...).

The reason I didn't get screenies of Nightmare in his undies was because he appeared on the catwalk, went up in flames, jumped off the stage and disappeared from the entire area. Shortly after, I saw him driving back in in what looked like an Explorer Mk1. This alone is enough to get him terrible scores since his costume wasn't even visible. I also noticed that David Westmoreland had trouble spotting it before Nightmare disappeared.

Something happened there. Where were the judges positioned? Were they in the audience? Did they see all the costumes backstage beforehand?

About Nightmare's bathing suit round and low scores. You may notice that I didn't get screenies of it at all (not the only one I didn't get screenies of but...).

The reason I didn't get screenies of Nightmare in his undies was because he appeared on the catwalk, went up in flames, jumped off the stage and disappeared from the entire area. Shortly after, I saw him driving back in in what looked like an Explorer Mk1. This alone is enough to get him terrible scores since his costume wasn't even visible. I also noticed that David Westmoreland had trouble spotting it before Nightmare disappeared.

Something happened there. Where were the judges positioned? Were they in the audience? Did they see all the costumes backstage beforehand?

That was part of my act:

My camo theme was complemented by a rush attack followed by a disappearance (you can see in public chat)
I figured it would cause some confustion... but that's what camo is supposed to do ;)

also, thank you Sbi for coordinating the MS teleport!! you are awesome ;D

Yeah he got a mothership to tp him up. :D He wanted to ended his show with a bang lol.

Edit: Whoops. lol

Ah ok, I see. A bit too much of a rush attack there, since people actually missed the whole thing! Could've made a difference I think. Just trying to figure out why the suddenly apparent bad score on that round.

The underwear round was worse quality in general I thought, compared to the other rounds.

i thought it was great showmanship, wear camo and become invisible lol

Sounds like the judges need to "step their game up".

That was part of my act:

My camo theme was complemented by a rush attack followed by a disappearance (you can see in public chat)
I figured it would cause some confustion... but that's what camo is supposed to do ;)

also, thank you Sbi for coordinating the MS teleport!! you are awesome ;D

Dont you think its your own fault that the judges only had only a few seconds to judge your clothes? Do you think it was a smart move?

Seems to me, that you didnt place because of your "great idea" of disappearing :) Well that's not too smart when people are supposed to judge your look is it... Oooooor maybe you got some camo points from the judges I cant see. :scratch2:

Maybe next time when u put on a show, make sure the judges see your clothes first.:wise:

Dont you think its your own fault that the judges only had only a few seconds to judge your clothes? Do you think it was a smart move?

Seems to me, that you didnt place because of your "great idea" of disappearing :) Well that's not too smart when people are supposed to judge your look is it... Oooooor maybe you got some camo points from the judges I cant see. :scratch2:

Maybe next time when u put on a show, make sure the judges see your clothes first.:wise:

Well maybe the judges should pay attention the the event they are judging... then they wouldnt miss an entire contestant's performance.... that says its a fail on the judges part for not paying attention.

And who are you to judge my performance, isn't that what you hired a team of attentive individuals for? The point was to be sneaky and entertaining. I think you need to make sure you have your shit together before attempting to host an event with a prize such as an UnL weapon. I am just thankful there were SOME people there recording and paying attention to the event, because apparently the people you chose weren't.

True Juan, that was extremely disrespectful. You know that he spent the time and effort in planning it out. Not even to judge him, that's extremely snobbish. VERY Snobbish attitude, and not very fair at all. I agree that yes, it was very elaborate and quick, "Dont you think its your own fault that the judges only had only a few seconds to judge your clothes? Do you think it was a smart move?" We have videos and screenshots to prove that he was there in the contest, so I think Nightmare should demand some kind of re-evaluation, or take some sort of action against the contest. This is the lowest of low, and extremely UNFAIR.

http://www.livestream.com/xfire_cui...2c22&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

15:00 in, you see his performance and ofcourse EU is being a bit laggy, but there are some people that I know stating that he was being "the life of the party" and made it very exciting.

Well everyone in the end, it seemed like an amazing event. Congratz to all the contestants! Shame that Nightmare wasn't counted for an entire round, you guys should really consider watching the live stream. 15:00, it was really funny. :)

Nightmare,

I didnt use any really special clothes or items,

Lol.. your lack of effort really paid off bro,

Im happy I got the new 4th place award, thats all, I tried very very hard for first category to match my outfit with my name and colors... even down to my utility belt lol. And found armor URSA that matched same otorugi colors. But i was lacking on underwear.

Olive and pixie was kinda weak for even freyr and some tshirt and hat from RT for underwear? who wears a hat for bed?

Lol.. your lack of effort really paid off bro,

Im happy I got the new 4th place award, thats all, I tried very very hard for first category to match my outfit with my name and colors... even down to my utility belt lol. And found armor URSA that matched same otorugi colors. But i was lacking on underwear.

Olive and pixie was kinda weak for even freyr and some tshirt and hat from RT for underwear? who wears a hat for bed?

Dude i laughed so hard at your underwear pass... i wish u wore gloves XD

and dont worry, the judges probably didnt see yours either... they probably just wrote some number down.

Back