Mister Calypso 2012

Winning Outfits:

Together with Miss Calypso (Loren)

Winning Outfits:

Together with Miss Calypso (Loren)

Are you f*cking kidding me?

EDIT:

Your first outfit looks looks like a noob hit a hof and splurged at the first shop he ran into @ Twin...

Your second outfit looks like Puff the Magic Dragon threw up all over your jacket and pants but you wore it anways...

Your third outfit looks like you just came from an Grateful Dead concert where u bought some outfit off a hippy who was trying to score some pot.

and how did you win exactly??

Screenies continued...

Full Metal Gear (cont...)

Rick England

Magam

Clark Kent

Percy Percy Merewether

Chuck Caly Rocknroll

Nightmare

Oboy

Freyr

Bathing suit/lingerie

James Bling Cash

Jay-Jay

kamsties

Omega

Cerberus

Zal

Darth Boobie

John Black Knight

Next screenies here

Last edited:
Are you f*cking kidding me?

I'm sry ? kidding you with ?

You were on my top list btw, lol still are no matter what you think/say of me and my sets, not a popularity event.
Your sets looked like there was put alot of time and care into making/completing them.

Every year people get disappointed they didnt place, every year judges are blamed of favoritism towards colors/items/people.

Am sorry for the people that put alot of effort into it and didnt place in top, I enjoyed all your sets.

Screenies continued 2...

Bathing suit/lingerie (cont...)

Oboy

Freyr

Rick England

Magam

Clark Kent

Percy Percy Merewether

Chuck Caly Rocknroll

And some screens for the general atmosphere...

Final screens here

Last edited:
I'm sry ? kidding you with ?

You were on my top list btw, lol still are no matter what you think/say of me and my sets, not a popularity event.
Your sets looked like there was put alot of time and care into making/completing them.

Every year people get disappointed they didnt place, every year judges are blamed of favoritism towards colors/items/people.

Am sorry for the people that put alot of effort into it and didnt place in top, I enjoyed all your sets.

You are right, I did, and i'm more upset at the lack of effort in the judges department. I think that you could have thrown Longu on a basic shirt/pants, stepped in dog shit, and still won. I'm not saying you don't deserve it, but for god's sake there were way better outfits than yours. This isn't even a contest at this point, its whoever the judges like the most, not who is dresses or who looks the best.

Personally, I think Zal pwned everybody... hands down. His outfits looked great. I think I should have come in second tops... not getting into the rest.

In short, there is nothing wrong with the contest... just how the contest is ran. I appreciate the effort put into these, but if these "competitions" are just going to be ubers getting uber gear just because they are uber (not because they have talent for looking good and are unmatched in their creativity), i discourage anybody from investing in fashion, period!

My favs (im not just hating on the winner)

(I think too much armor... but still awesome)

(lol badass)
(just... lol)

(omg if you had gloves id fall out of my chair :D)

Final screens...

Here are some more capturing the atmosphere...

And the winners...

Hope you enjoyed my screenshot series here. Just did it as a spontaneous thing, nothing major or official.

If you think you could use some screenies such as these, I'd be happy to screenie anything from selling threads to event promotion, just shoot me a PM.

First off, Freyr never won Mister Calypso (ever). Afaik he placed 3rd last year.
Second, Zal and Magam did not deserve to be 2nd or 3rd? They are not UBERS(in hunt etc) so I dont see the problem there. They had great sets.

I know what it feels like not coming in first 3 places, I participated in 2010 and 2011, had cool sets for 2011 and placed 10th!!!

I actually added a 4th place prize so more people win something. (from my own pocket).
We had 4 judges this year(we had less in previous years). None of them knew the other judges, so they couldnt make shady deals or anything.
I tried to improve it this year, so it is much more objective. And it was...

You just dont see it and now you feel bad that you hadnt placed. Thats all

True Juan:bandit:

Last edited:
Here are some more capturing the atmosphere...

And the winners...

Hope you enjoyed my screenshot series here. Just did it as a spontaneous thing, nothing major or official.

If you think you could use some screenies such as these, I'd be happy to screenie anything from selling threads to event promotion, just shoot me a PM.

Hey why am i not in the full metal or casual?

Oh my god... I'm glad I didn't participate this year or people would have been upset that I would be first for the third time and it would have been the same fuss. I disagree about the top 3 not being able to participe the next year, why the acutal He-Man couldn't participate, being He-Man gives him more chance to win again ? Come on, it's just a simple title, everyone has a chance every year, as long as you don't come with basic uncolored pant and shirt, a settler and a grey underwear. I participated twice in the He-Man competition, won both of them, and trust me, I've put a lot more time and effort for the second event, you can ask LeeLoo, she helped me for colors and textures, we've spent hours doing my set. I'm not rich, I'm not uber, I don't have a clothing store, I just like the fashion ingame and wanted to show what's possible to do with some time, peds and the most important, the creativity.

About flaming judges, if I follow True Juan's words, they were contacted in private to avoid all that bullshit, so wipe your tears and start preparing now for next year contest =)

Be sure that next year, I will come to get back my He-Man title for the third time!

Gratz to top 3 and others, really liked Zal's armor and show.

PS : I wasn't there, thanks for the screenies.

might boost this part of the economy more if more people were trying to win instead of thinking the guy with the clothing store will win or the winner from last year will win so why bother. I knew a few others i thought should enter and when i suggested it to them that was the response i got.

I'm with Softhart..I think if you placed 1st one year..not to compete. I also believe if you own a clothing store or coloring/texture merchant high up in skills also seems to put most players off to compete. In saying that I think the event would be " shooting their own business in the foot." Meaning more contestants will mean more business for them and this event boosts alot of coloring/texture/clothing/beauty . But thats just my opinion...Was a great event anyway!!..:D

Nightmare,

Would have liked to have seen you placed in top3.
I saw several real good sets, several bad ones.

That you dont like my sets, thats unfortune but its your personal taste.
I didnt use any really special clothes or items, several competitors wore same clothes.
This is true for colors and textures too. It all is a matter of taste. Some like, Some dont and some just a bit.

I dont think I won on popularity, somewhere the clothes weigh in. I trust the judges are fair and just give points for what they like. I dont always agree with the judges votes, now or in the past.
Clothing & Fashion are difficult to objectively judge as everyone likes different things.
The good thing about that is diversity, in items and colors, wich you again are to like or dislike :)

You dont like what I like and maybe visa versa,
Hope you will reconsider and maybe join again next year, i wont :)

First off, Freyr never won Mister Calypso (ever). Afaik he placed 3rd last year.
Second, Zal and Magam did not deserve to be 2nd or 3rd? They are not UBERS(in hunt etc) so I dont see the problem there. They had great sets.

I know what it feels like not coming in first 3 places, I participated in 2010 and 2011, had cool sets for 2011 and placed 10th!!!

I actually added a 4th place prize so more people win something. (from my own pocket).
We had 4 judges this year(we had less in previous years). None of them knew the other judges, so they couldnt make shady deals or anything.
I tried to improve it this year, so it is much more objective. And it was...

You just dont see it and now you feel bad that you hadnt placed. Thats all

True Juan:bandit:

Right, i'm just whining that i didnt place at something. *rolls eyes* Thanks for trying, but I don't see the point in competing in Mister Calypso next year... nor would i recommend anybody else really do so... ill just wait until Sheryo/Freyr get tired of winning UnL shit and decide to sell out.

I am not a colorer nor clothes crafter. I don't own a fashion shop. I won the special prize at Miss Calypso ... wich is kinda rank 4.

Dont complain about the judges! And don't forbid professionals to take part. Just make it an event for best fashion.

Nightmare,

Would have liked to have seen you placed in top3.
I saw several real good sets, several bad ones.

That you dont like my sets, thats unfortune but its your personal taste.
I didnt use any really special clothes or items, several competitors wore same clothes.
This is true for colors and textures too. It all is a matter of taste. Some like, Some dont and some just a bit.

I dont think I won on popularity, somewhere the clothes weigh in. I trust the judges are fair and just give points for what they like. I dont always agree with the judges votes, now or in the past.
Clothing & Fashion are difficult to objectively judge as everyone likes different things.
The good thing about that is diversity, in items and colors, wich you again are to like or dislike :)

You dont like what I like and maybe visa versa,
Hope you will reconsider and maybe join again next year, i wont :)

And if Freyr is wearing it, it MUST look good. He gets my vote! :thumbup:

It doesn't really matter what i say, I didn't win so I will not have any say so in what goes on around here... maybe I should jack the event next year so I can have a say so in improvements.

EDIT: I hate that it sounds like a personal attack, and its difficult to believe but I mean no disrespect. Im just appalled at the judges.... "judgement".

Would you really like to exclude my friend Zunami from next year's competition? Miss Calypso 2010, Miss Calypso 2011, second place in 2012 ...

I also believe if you own a clothing store or coloring/texture merchant high up in skills also seems to put most players off to compete. In saying that I think the event would be " shooting their own business in the foot." Meaning more contestants will mean more business for them and this event boosts alot of coloring/texture/clothing/beauty . But thats just my opinion...

Rose,

On one side there is some truth in what you say.
On the other side, events like these are to show what you can do, think this would be a topreason for me to join.
Because I invested money in clothes I am not allowed to have my fun and show off what I like ? Because I could maybe scare someone off.

Just because Star is in a hunting event is this a the reason not to join cause you cant win or is it a reason to join show that your just as good or even better ?

I think the quality of an event is judged upon the level of competition the competitors bring.
Not on the amount of competitors, up to a certain point ofcourse :)

Last edited:
GReat Job

After looking at the participants and trying to watch the Event from all standpoints i can say this and sleep well. Mike you deserved to win and gratz..Jugdes did a fine job considering the time element and the wide array of choices. Second and third looked great as well and Ahr radio did a good job covering the event. True Juan and folks helping coordinate the event created a good and fun atmosphere. Thank you for the event !! Great clothes and nice job to all that participated. Theres an old saying....Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..Judges choose what they like and thats fair..Ive never seen a Miss USA Pagent in which 50 women didnt feel robbed. In this event i feel like it was done well and compliment the organizers. :))))))))

When Can we know how much points we got?

Gratz to all the winners and all who took part.....
Loved the hot pink tux as award. (See men are Tough enough to wear Pink!!!! woot)

I see the clothing store owners are being hasseled.... maybe consider a pro and amatur catagory or something. but cant always make everyone happy.

When Can we know how much points we got?

They are probably adjusting the points.... "Look Nightmare, you were only 2 points behind... awwww darn, better luck next year"

*j/k*

I don't think i am popular (who knows me on Caly ??), ubber (3 years only that i play) or rich ... I finished 2nd ... I prepared this event very hard, it tooks me more than a month to organise all with big help of many friends (thanks to them)... no one knows better than me how it was hard to get this armor (the only that exists in game and perhaps the only that will never exist as it is too hard to get component to craft it). I had even to deal with the support, it was a nightmare ^^

I don't know if my place should have been 1st, 2nd, 3thd or 4th, ... I fight to be first, Freyr won, well done Freyr !

I don't think that Freyr already won this event, am i wrong ?

I do not agree that the 2nd and 3thd places will not be allowed to participate again. First one win a nice present. 2nd and 3th win nearly nothing (280 peds TT ... not even what i spent for 1 part of my armor ^^). 2nd and 3thd should have a chance to win again as the only nice present is reserved to the winner.

So even if i would have prefer to be first (lol) i consider that it is nice that Freyr after many years spending lot of peds for 2nd, 3thd or 4th position, finally reach the first place (Freyr is not a friend, i do not know him !!).

I hope to be first next time ;-)

Thanks for the event guys, it was nice. Gratz to Freyr and to all others, we saw nice sets this evening.

Have fun ;-)

They are probably adjusting the points.... "Look Nightmare, you were only 2 points behind... awwww darn, better luck next year"

*j/k*

Wow, this is what happens when people just cant lose :)
Dude, I DONT CARE who wins, I got NOTHING in these events. I actually put 250 peds into these events from my OWN pocket. Also I put a lot of time and effort in it, with all the answers to everyone in PMs and negotiations with Justin(PCF).
The judges did NOT know who the other JUDGES were. They only found out AFTER the event was over. Only I knew all the judges and they ALL sent me their scores. I had an excel sheet open, put it all there, and just ordered it from the MOST to the LEAST, and then I just said the results.

Its sad, that you need post such a thing.

But there is ALWAYS someone that just cant take it.

Congratulations

First off massive gratz to Freyr, awesome prizes I'm sure you are overcome with joy. Enjoy the king club, that is an amazing item, hope it brings you some luck. As you make clothes, guess it makes up for the years of skilling.

Big gz to 2nd Zal, nice one.

And thirdly so happy for Magam as he spends his days making others smile, and somehow has managed to get quite a famous and strong following as the EU lucky mascot. Also truely lovely guy, if you can understand his riddles then chat can be very humourous. hee,hee.

Dissapointed of course, as dreamt of owning that amazing club. But that said I buy my clothes and dont make them, so was happy to strut myself down the catwalk and be part of the action for the evening.

I would like to thank all those involved with putting on a good show. Juan, David, Cuiwen doing filming, and I'm sure many others that I'm not aware of, including the judges.

A special thanks to my fans and supporters that came down to wish me luck.

I wont get drawn into a debate about rules for the next fashion competition, as I think its bad form in this thread now that the event is over. So guys well done!!

Good to meet some new faces, and may 2012 bring you joy in calypso.

Rick

ps: Cant wait to see the vid I heard about in chat, and the positions. no rush juan sleep well.

Whaaat? No offense everybody but this seems like an extremely biased contest. The judges seem to have been sheep. Like sheep for that matter, but hey, that's just coming from the guy who slept in and missed the contest. :( Would have blown you all out of the water! Muahaha. Seriously though, sorry I slept in everyone, I slept in 4 hours past the contest. :(

But you can all take a look at my outfits.

Edit: I slept in because I have a sleeping disorder. XD

outfit1a.jpg

outfit1back.jpg

outfit2back.jpg

outfit2.jpg

Rose,

On one side there is some truth in what you say.
On the other side, events like these are to show what you can do, think this would be a topreason for me to join.
Because I invested money in clothes I am not allowed to have my fun and show off what I like ? Because I could maybe scare someone off.

Just because Star is in a hunting event is this a the reason not to join cause you cant win or is it a reason to join show that your just as good or even better ?

I think the quality of an event is judged upon the level of competition the competitors bring.
Not on the amount of competitors, up to a certain point ofcourse :)

I agree..Not saying that you shouldn't..everyone should participate and enjoy..I'm saying from a business stand point..as in real world fashion designers ,they sponsor someone to show their outfits..etc..but I understand that other players might go into the event thinking they don't have enough money to compete with the higher level clothing merchants who can design beautiful clothes. But that if their were more competitors the back industries such as clothing/texture/beauty/make-up would get more business.

Not going to get involved in the discussions as to rules etc.

But many thanks Dalas for all the screenshots uploaded for those of us who were absent.

+rep to you sir! :xmas:

Oh and congratulations to the winners and commiserations to the runners up naturally.

Back