MMOWC 2009 Jan 4th - Jan 10th

I'll set the events up tomorrow, starting at 19:00 MA time on Sunday!

Re the Sex of the MMOWC finalists, we went off the Sex of the Avatars not their human male Pets

http://www.mpogd.com/news/?ID=4192

more coverage....

Last edited:
And mpogd spelled Stoikow wrong in the title..

But seriously, "Swedish Newcomer" -He's been in the game for 5 years, all actively and is one of the best skilled ingame. "first-time competitor", "competition newcomer" -he's been in all the MMOWC's that have been held.

This info combined with ND's statement on "Over the last 3 years we have known ubers to dominate, but we have also seen new faces emerge and determined challengers rise in the ranks. MMOWC levels the playing field for the best in the world to compete and win" sounds like Stoikow is a complete noob.

"Winner and first-time competitor, Stoikow"
"Runner-up, professional gamer, Jenna Star Mercury"

:rolleyes:

...sounds like Stoikow is a complete noob.
but he is a noob :scratch2:

*runs away*

Seriously though it does make it sound a little bit like Stoikow is new to all this, but we all know better right? I can only think they took the spelling from the literal speaking of the name. In English if you spelt his name as it was spoken then you would use a V not a W. No excuse for the incorrect spelling i know, but when does any news article ever get the facts 100% correct :rolleyes:

Still good to see some external coverage on the MMOWC!

This was the first year the Stoikow was a Major contender in the MMOWC and also the First year that he made a concerted effort in Champions League.

In contrast to jenna Star Mercury who is a 3 x CL League Champion and previous runner up in the MMOWC...

In those respects it certainly felt that Stoikow was a newcomer to these Events even from my point of view...

If the Final was between Stoikow and Skalman it would have been a battle of the Vets...

This was the first year the Stoikow was a Major contender in the MMOWC and also the First year that he made a concerted effort in Champions League.

He came to Semi's in the first MMOWC and won the most rounds that year. :scratch2:

Ok Skam you Win, He sure came Back with a Bang this Year!!!

Final Results Posted..

GratZ to Stoikow:yay:

Back