MP3 player with nested m3u *AND* multiple playlists?

endermigne

Elite
Society
The White Dots
ender endermigne migne
I'm (by now rather desperately) looking for an MP3-player for Windows that supports nested m3u-files AND multiple playlists.

With nested m3u-files I mean that an m3u-file can appear within another m3u-file. When I open the main m3u-file, it should open the m3u-files within it recursively.

Multiple playlists mean that I can have more than one playlist open at any time and I should be able to switch between them. The player stores the last file played for each playlist.

There is Winamp, which supports nested m3u-files, but not multiple playlists. There is AIMP2, which supports multiple playlists, but not nested m3u-files.

So both are no good. Can anyone pretty pretty phuleeeaaaaaase point me to one such program?

I don't know if I read this correctly but VLC or Windows Media Player Classic should do it

I don't see how VLC should handle this. When I drag two m3u-files into the window playlist window, they appear as such. If I double-click one both get extracted. If I drag another m3u-file in there, it again appears as such. And if I double-click it, it gets extracted just like the other two before and I end up having a lot of mp3-files in one list. Or am I doing something wrong?

Ok, it supports nested m3u-files, but as I said I need both functionalities :).

And WMP? No sorry, I won't start that program ;)

Back