My Frightening First Glance of VU 8.11

CorwinBS

Guardian
Society
Entropia Asia
Corwin Corey Bloodseeker
Well, fell asleep last nite waiting for the servers to come back up, and when I woke up, I logged right in to check out the new VU, I thought maybe I hadn't
woke up at all, when I saw my avy:

screwy_av_tex1_crop.jpg

It got worse(!), when I whipped the cam around to see my face I was almost scared:

screwy_av_tex2_crop.jpg

Even in my inventory window:

screwy_av_tex4_crop.jpg

My arms! I can't feel my arms!

Interestingly, this ONLY happens inside of the service center. When I'm outside, I look fine, and other ava's always look fine. (Personally, I'd guess it's a problem with z-buffering.) In any case, it doesn't affect my gameplay much.

I should note that I play on the lowest graphics setting so my piddly little p4 1.7ghz can handle it, so I'll need to try using higher settings. Also, I have an ATI card, which aren't known for the best drivers. This sort of thing always slips by the testers; just thought a few of you might find it as funny as I did! :laugh:

On a brighter note, this VU really does look a bit slicker, doesn't it? I LIKE the new rounded-corner icons, and the lighter-red background on weapons icons makes them much easier to see. Can't wait to see new land, new outposts, etc! Thanks, MA. :wtg:

Last edited:
LOL Dude dont take this the wrong way but you a scary ;)

*** MA Breaking news ***

To make the universe more realistic the new VU will have diseases that will let you slowely disappear (= your avatar will decay)
You need to repair your avatar or your skills will leak out of your body.

*** MA Breaking news ***

To make the universe more realistic the new VU will have diseases that will let you slowely disappear (= your avatar will decay)
You need to repair your avatar or your skills will leak out of your body.

:ROFL:!
Time to put your ava in the repair terminal...
I wonder what the tt value of ava is...:laugh:

Damn, you think I look bad, have a look at the auctioneer:

auctioneer_bugged1_crop.jpg

Also, this is what makes me think there are z-buffering problems, most windows will float behind the images of the avatar and item in the item info window, the way the auction info screen does here:

behind_bug1_crop.jpg

Note to admin who moved this thread: I didn't really consider this a bug report, more of an interesting thing that happened to me. :)

Since I have an unsupported video card (128M Radeo 9250), this technically isn't a bug.
I'm sure support would tell me that, anyways. :ahh:

Damn, I didn't know Michael Jackson played this game. Scary Stuff:eek:

Bugs!

I confirm that I had the same avatar bugs only inside trade centers.
I could not see my arms as I opened my inventory thus I could not pick my gloves to get them repaired.

Other bugs:

- I was attacked by an invisible drone, which I managed to kill by shooting randomly until I targeted it; unfortunately I couldn't loot it 'cause I couldn't locate the wreckage.

- when using weapons with scope, my screen was colored blue with the exception of the circle you normally get with a scope. The consequence is that I couldn't read the chat messages, I couldn't see my icons and, most important, I couldn't see my health bar. Obviously, I stopped using it.

Have you noticed similar problems or is it just my graphics?:ahh:

Similar thing happened to me and my two disciples last night afew times.

Another bug to be added here is the all new "face mask bodybag bug"

I discovered it when i went to put my armour on. {any armour, i tried with 7 different types}.

All pieces are fine and act as normal except face masks/helms, which when placed on cause your entire inventory mini-avatar to go blue except the facemask/helm{and thats including the other armour}.
Nothing serious, but shows how bugged things are when they lose the ability to stabalise models{actually now that i think about it, there is always model bugs after vu's}...

Oh! the other three little bugs i found that i can remember were just the normal ones.

1. When switching items{hitting 1 to take out my rifle then 7 to take out my big fap} the items take a large amount of time to switch{sometimes up to 15 seconds o_O} - not good when you have trox guardians and providers munching you from every angle.
2. Armour is bugged again, it doesn't work most of the time. I get hit by stuff that normally when armoured does a max of 1 damage from normal hits, for 5-19 :eek:.
3. Uber lag. Weapons firing lag+missing. Fap lag+no heal. Movement lag and finally rubberbanding like hell.
I havent rubberbanded but i was with my disciples last night, and to give you an idea of how bad it was, we just left the outpost north of atlas island north. We were going to get the outpost NE of that. He was going to run back about 15 virtual metres to the outpost to grab 2 ped more ammo and managed to rubber band to the outpost we were heading lmao. I just took the other one and laughed as he spent the next 25 mins luring trox to the turret at the outpost and dying lol.

Another little example:
I shot a barney yesterday and it took ages to get to me, killed it way before it could get near. Suddenly its corpse decided to float right over to my feet to save me running to it...how thoughtful :laugh:

If nothing else, these bugs make for some pretty comical moments :laugh:

OMG these ava pics and auctioneer pics are awesome looks like a bunch of zombies walking around grraaaaah brains!!!! :yay:

Last edited:
Just a min-update, for anyone who's interested: Turning the graphics options to full, and switching off 'low-resolution avatar textures' did NOT help any. :scratch2:

Clearly the interface is using DX to detect mouse clicks on an item, since I can only click on a tiny sliver of my arm-guards that's visible at the shoulder. Also, I've CTD'd 3 times in one day now, trying to take off my armor. Soon as I click and start to drag -- boom! :eyecrazy:

I'm seeing similar problems with my Radeon 9200 with current drivers.

AG

Marco released Hannibal on you! :eek:

Back