MY loot theory

khaos

Alpha
Society
Church Of Lootius
Simon Khaos Verbeke
I have been thinking about a fair way to divide loot, so it's random, but also dependent on skills and such, and not exploitable.
I don't claim this to be the correct theory, but it sounds like a good way to do it. At least in my opinion.

We all know loot is generated when you click to loot the mob.

I think the following happens:

A player clicks the mob to loot it

A random number is chosen within a predefined range, i have chosen -80 => 20 as an example.

If the number is negative, no loot is found. if it is positive, you have a normal loot.

Now, if the number is higher than 15 for example, a multiplier is triggered.
The multiplier is based on: mob type, mob maturity, weapon used, armor used, etc. and most important: skill level.

A multiplier can look like this:

2.00 is base
+2.00 for the right mob
+3.00 for the right maturity
+1.50 for the right weapon
+7.70 for level 77 laser sniper
Etc. etc.

It is also possible that skills add a multiplier, no matter what the random number was.
Or that it increases that random number so you have more chance to be in the multiplier zone. example:
300k skills = random number +7.50 (300/10=30, 30/2=15, 15/2=7.5)

Just my :twocents:

It's a nice dream, but many factors wouldn't work. What exactly would make a weapon/mob/maturity right or wrong? Also if you get additional loot for your skill lvl, then MA would have to balance by giving less to lower lvls. Which would make it next to impossible for lower lvls to profit or break even anymore. Skills are for hunting mobs more economicaly by using bigger weapons, lower armour to reduce decay and relying on evade instead. The game would really be rigged if ubers also got more loot.

my loot theory is similar. out of a table of pre set multipliers (for example ranging from 0.01% to 1000% with arithmethic average 95%) on each loot action a multiplier is drawn and applied to your killing costs (or mining drop / cradfting click tt) and results in your tt loot.
==>
marco said:
"each avatar has the same built in luck"

avatar skills, pro stands, mob, area, past tt losses, equipment, time may affect the distribution on your personal list (less 0.01%ers, more 1000%ers)
==>
support said:
"your luck will turn soon"

Simple solutions work best and are safest

I think it obey thoose rules:

- simplicity (!)

so no huge avatar databases are needed - like that during last 2 years you lost 20k peds so it shhould be ok idea to give you 20k tower.

- simplicity

to prevent big data transfer each loot attemp - so it doesnt have to check your skills, equip EACH time and send it to server etc.

(this is based on some Marcos or WhoTF comment that return/loot is based on your skills etc. - this can mean so many things that we should be ok with explanation that IT MEANS NOTHING)

-dynamic factor

this can be some number generator as you suggest, I can see it that way.

Then does the same theory work in teams? What about the skill of those in teams?

It's a nice dream, but many factors wouldn't work. What exactly would make a weapon/mob/maturity right or wrong? Also if you get additional loot for your skill lvl, then MA would have to balance by giving less to lower lvls. Which would make it next to impossible for lower lvls to profit or break even anymore. Skills are for hunting mobs more economicaly by using bigger weapons, lower armour to reduce decay and relying on evade instead. The game would really be rigged if ubers also got more loot.

I believe it is said that players with a higher level have more chance to get a higher loot, i interpret it that way. it is also possible that the skill multiplier isn't always included.

Then does the same theory work in teams? What about the skill of those in teams?

That will have something to do with averages, or a distribution according to damage done, etc.

And no, i haven't thought about teams.

I believe it is said that players with a higher level have more chance to get a higher loot, i interpret it that way. it is also possible that the skill multiplier isn't always included.

The reason for this is because players with a higher level tend to hunt alot more than the average player and cycle thousands of peds a day, so naturaly they will get more hofs than someone who spends a few hundred ped a day or less.

There is no increased luck for having higher skills, and many players who see uber players HoF alot really don't realise that these people are spending peds 2-3x faster than the average player, if not faster. Someone with an HL11(L) might spend 300 ped in an hour, but someone with an MM could spend 1k ped in an hour because someone at that level would kill a mob so quickly they would hardly ever have to fap which reduces the alot of time.

It's all relative IMO, skills have no impact to loot received, they just allow you access to better weapons, faps, etc.

I wholeheartedly disagree with more skill should equal more loot. That would mean the avg player would loot far less than now and ppl at the top would always b profiting. The advantage in skill becomes evident when u actually have it, especially if ur hunting above ur lvl and bringing in 20-30 ped decays on ur armor every 200 ped hunt u do.

Players with more skill get more loot simply because when they mobs hit big, as in global/hof/ath, they are proportional to the hp and lvl of the mob. So already it is such that more skill will equal more loot IF u play smart, which is the part many miss out on and just step up mobs as they skill up therefor always at the same "eco".

I can't even count the number of times i c someone hunting a mob that takes em 1-2 minutes to kill and they wonder why they are going broke lol.

(...)
Now, if the number is higher than 15 for example, a multiplier is triggered.
The multiplier is based on: mob type, mob maturity, weapon used, armor used, etc. and most important: skill level.
(...)

What if someone used few weapons to kill the mob? I.e. small gun to finish it off or long range tagger at start... (i must agree in some point here that it seems for me that killing bibos with opalo gives better returns than killing them with TT fist - but i think it is just coincidence).

Actually we have no chance to know for 100% what is the loot distribution algorithm because if it was public i asure you there are people who would examine it closely and then start profiting or quit (knowing it is not possible to profit) :).

My belives is rather - no matter what you do you will get ~90% back in TT value in long term... (with auto adjusting - if someone spends a lot - lower the return to 85% if he keeps spending a lot lower it more...). Seems wierd but it seems to work for me.
And people who hunt every day loosing 1000peds/day wont hit that ATH beacuse loot distribution has adjusted to them and wont give good loot. Of course barely anyone will belive me but try doing 3 runs that will fail and then quit the game for 2 weeks. Come back and start next run. For me almost always it is profitable run (even counting TT value). Of course it is just an observation and i do not claim it as 'theory' :laugh:.

Tip: how to fight with unknown or random system - using statisitcs ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

That's random luck, i cycle 2-3k ped easily each day and i can tell u there's not real truth to waiting to build loot and grinding lowering ur loot. It's about eco and loot waves mostly, u get stuck on bad ones and by coincidence u logged bk in on a good one imo. You start to see patterns in your loot when u cycle a lot of ped and start to laugh these things off pretty fast.

Imo,
Skills help nothing but being more efficient on your results (hunting)
For example
Today I hunted Scip/formi for 1k ped run.
55PED of that decay was armor (yea that's why I won't hunt 'em so soon)
about 20 was the armor.
Which Makes 7.5% of defensive costs.

If I had higher Evade and Hp I would fap less and I would get way less decay on my armor.
And those Peds you save each run MAKE the difference!

My belief is similar but I believe in divided loot pool.

The pools is divided in area, mob and then the ATH bonus bin. The three different pool types is filled by usage of ammo, probes and bombs

I have your random number but I think it's a big number. something like Randomize(x) where X could be number of players or a fix high number such as 10 000. If you it a certain area of that you will get the chance to loot. X is on of the numbers the balancing department works with.

Then when you loot there is a new randomizing done deciding your share of the 3 pools. There must also be a calculation on what to show in the loot window and what TT value the different parts shall have. It could be a randomize on how many items to show. If you get from the ATH pool there should also be something telling what items is available to distribute.

I haven't taken skills in to this, but of course there should be something or skill just helps you get to the right mob and that is the revard for your hard work.

One thing that I also like to think is tha the loot window actually is filled with lots of items, but something tells what we can see, and what we see is what we get. That's why the items never are at the same place. Just a silly feeling, but a fun way to look at the loot.

Last edited:

That will have something to do with averages, or a distribution according to damage done, etc.

And no, i haven't thought about teams.

Then you should start thinking about teams, otherwise it just wont work. The theory has to cover all aspects and if one area disagrees with another, then it will be useless.

You're almost all asking questions that i can't answer. Because:
I haven't thought about it.
Can't find an explanation
I'm a low level myself, I only know the theoretical part.
etc.

It was nothing more than some thinking in my free time, and it sounded reasonable to me, at least most of it.

btw. about the skills, i said in my OP that they might only be used when the multiplier comes in

I haven't said my theory is true, or wrong. Otherwise it wasn't a theory, but a fact/proof/whatever you call it.

K.

Back