My Warp Trip to Rocktropia

INTERNUT

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
INTERNUT
Very recently just a few hours ago, I hired a warp service to get to RT from caly for a total cost of 32 ped; 25 for the pilot plus the 7 ped TP fee to get from the RT space station to RT itself. The pilot was very professional, etc and I was generally ok with the service, but there were a few mishaps along the way - and the fact that this was my very first trip to another planet probably didn't help ;)
Anyway, upon being teleported up to the spaceship, I became stuck in the side of the vessel not far from where the refuelling station was; my AV just wouldn't budge. Eventually, after various combinations of W A S D and jumping using the space bar, I managed to get free and eventually all was ok. Shortly after that I was near to the ship's TP as was the pilot, but there was no sign or message anywhere saying how long the trip would take or when we would arrive - and then things seemed to hang for a while, and I just wasn't too sure what I was supposed to do next, or what was supposed to happen next.
To cut a long story short, I then found myself floating in space because the pilot had removed me from the passenger list, etc, and shortly after that I'm at at a revive terminal on RT space station. I then paid the 7 ped TP fee to get down to RT itself... The pilot did what he did to save time, which I was ok with albeit not expecting it, but the thing that got me is this. That there were no messages or notices of any kind, either on the HUD or anywhere in the ship, telling me how long the trip would take and when we had arrived! I later realised that I was o.c supposed to use the ships TP, but there was no indication of any kind saying when! That's basically it. In future I'll know what to expect and what to do, but I found the whole thing a bit unintuitive.

To make the long story short, Should have used Zendule warps. 20p to any planet including pickup and a free flight down to planet.

The pilot could have been a bit better explaining everything as well if you told him was your first trip in space. As for notices you do get a notice when the ship docks at the space station, but only flashes up for a few seconds so need to be paying attention to see it. No matter the size of the ship, when you hear the warp start (i think the ship shakes a bit) it takes a few mins to come out of warp and dock at the new station.

Hope you have fun on your first new planet (shame its rt that has no codex, but have to start somewhere)

SpikE

Get yourself a quad/sleipnir with a space thruster. You can fly yourself from the space station down to the planet, costs you 0.10 ped in thruster decay, fuels practically nothing. Saves paying the 7 ped teleport fee each time you use a warp, as they will only take you to thr space station anyway.

I run a warp service myself, I defiantly would have offered a ride down and gave you assistance. I can also say though, if you don't provide any indication that it's your first time flying, it's tough to assume those things. Not sure if you gave that indication to the warper. Sorry for the unintuitive first experience. I'm sure things will get better for you with experience and a sleipner/quad+space thruster. :)

btw... travelling from space station to planet is non-lootable (even though the bug-popup appears as lootable pvp)..
unless you fly too far into deepspace...

To make the long story short, Should have used Zendule warps. 20p to any planet including pickup and a free flight down to planet.
20 peds incl free flight to planet?! That's good! Will certainly try them for my next hop. Any website for them?

The pilot could have been a bit better explaining everything as well if you told him was your first trip in space. As for notices you do get a notice when the ship docks at the space station, but only flashes up for a few seconds so need to be paying attention to see it. No matter the size of the ship, when you hear the warp start (i think the ship shakes a bit) it takes a few mins to come out of warp and dock at the new station.

Hope you have fun on your first new planet (shame its rt that has no codex, but have to start somewhere)

SpikE
Yep maybe the pilot could have explained things better, although in truth I didn't say it was my first trip. I must have missed the notice you mention, probably because I was stuck in the side of the ship for some minutes..

RT itself is quite fun with lil' ladies running up saying "Don't you be sweating me' and "You haven't given me no ped" or something.

Get yourself a quad/sleipnir with a space thruster. You can fly yourself from the space station down to the planet, costs you 0.10 ped in thruster decay, fuels practically nothing. Saves paying the 7 ped teleport fee each time you use a warp, as they will only take you to thr space station anyway.
Will seriously consider this, although it would take longer and I might get jumped by pirates or space mobs.

Will seriously consider this, although it would take longer and I might get jumped by pirates or space mobs.
As Ava said in a post above.. flying from the station - planet is non-lootable and no mobs. Takes about 2-3mins till your able to land on the planet. All you do is fly out of the station on your quad/sleip open your map turn in game till your pointed at the planet you want to land on and fly. As you get next to the planet a pop up will ask if you want to land on he planet and your done. Only time you have to worry about pirates/mobs is if you decide to fly yourself from one planet to another.. but taking a warp and then flying down to save the 7 ped is a common practice

I run a warp service myself, I defiantly would have offered a ride down and gave you assistance. I can also say though, if you don't provide any indication that it's your first time flying, it's tough to assume those things. Not sure if you gave that indication to the warper. Sorry for the unintuitive first experience. I'm sure things will get better for you with experience and a sleipner/quad+space thruster. :)

btw... travelling from space station to planet is non-lootable (even though the bug-popup appears as lootable pvp)..
unless you fly too far into deepspace...
Thanks for saying. What's your warp service called and any website for it?

Yep maybe the pilot could have explained things better, although in truth I didn't say it was my first trip. I must have missed the notice you mention, probably because I was stuck in the side of the ship for some minutes..

RT itself is quite fun with lil' ladies running up saying "Don't you be sweating me' and "You haven't given me no ped" or something.
The pilot should have been in communication with you in chat and told you that the ship was docked at RT. Thats poor service from them.

As Ava said in a post above.. flying from the station - planet is non-lootable and no mobs. Takes about 2-3mins till your able to land on the planet. All you do is fly out of the station on your quad/sleip open your map turn in game till your pointed at the planet you want to land on and fly. As you get next to the planet a pop up will ask if you want to land on he planet and your done. Only time you have to worry about pirates/mobs is if you decide to fly yourself from one planet to another.. but taking a warp and then flying down to save the 7 ped is a common practice
Then I might invest in a quad for getting to planet from station, would be a lot cheaper than 7 ped.

Then I might invest in a quad for getting to planet from station, would be a lot cheaper than 7 ped.
You'll be able to fly from planet to planet as well. A couple of tips. Have some spare oil in a vehicle in carried inventory (its not lootable if its in a vehicle) and have a RK-0 and some welding wire to repair your quad if it gets destroyed by mobs or pirates. There are a number of mob areas in space which are only marked when you enter them. There are also cheaper warp options than taking a VIP warp. Both Kronan and Normandy do regular scheduled warp services and both only charge 10 ped for one trip per person. You'll still need a quad to get to planet though. Both have websites: https://kronan-ms.info/ and http://www.titans-of-space.de/

You'll be able to fly from planet to planet as well. A couple of tips. Have some spare oil in a vehicle in carried inventory (its not lootable if its in a vehicle)
Just expanding on this point for OPs sake and saving some tears…

He means keep the spare oil in the FUEL TANK of the carried vehicle. Then you can just extract it if you run out of fuel in your main vehicle.

It most definitely is lootable still if it’s just “in the vehicle” aka the vehicle inventory.

He means keep the spare oil in the FUEL TANK of the carried vehicle. Then you can just extract it if you run out of fuel in your main vehicle.

It most definitely is lootable still if it’s just “in the vehicle” aka the vehicle inventory.
Yes, I should have been more precise. Good that you corrected that.

You'll be able to fly from planet to planet as well. A couple of tips. Have some spare oil in a vehicle in carried inventory (its not lootable if its in a vehicle) and have a RK-0 and some welding wire to repair your quad if it gets destroyed by mobs or pirates. There are a number of mob areas in space which are only marked when you enter them. There are also cheaper warp options than taking a VIP warp. Both Kronan and Normandy do regular scheduled warp services and both only charge 10 ped for one trip per person. You'll still need a quad to get to planet though. Both have websites: https://kronan-ms.info/ and http://www.titans-of-space.de/
Yes, I might try planet hopping myself with a quad, but wouldn't this take some time like an hour or more, or is it quicker than that. Thanks for the tip for putting spare oil in the craft's CI. and for mentioning the cheaper options.

In that case I wouldn't put spare oil in the craft's CI...

Just remove consumables if you are not in a hurry.

Tis safe and if you are not in a hurry, then small inconvenience., and safe enough.

I fly myself :)

:wtg:

Last edited:
If you are not carrying any lootables then cheapest is to travel by yourself. You will need a vehicle (sleipnir or a quad). Best also to carry welding wire and a repair tool.

Warp services or other travel providers are best avoided especially if you are new due to the dangers of being scammed. As there is a no naming/shaming policy on this forum I am not able to give you specific details of some well known travel providers that have scammed some well known players (plus a planet partner official) in the past. Think about it if a veteran of the game and a well known player and also a planet partner official can fall victim to a scam then what chance does a new player stand?

Hence, learn to travel by yourself when your not carrying lootables. If you are carrying lootables then you obviously need to go via a travel provider as you don't want to be looted in space by a pirate or the risk of that happening. There is one travel provider that is run by a planet partner official see this website for details:
https://www.virtualsense.eu/forum/threads/virtualsense-space-travel-program-schedule.2148/

However, I should also point out DME who runs that service is not very popular with some players who will have various different grievances and not recommend this service.

On the plus side if you have a shop or apartment on Monria or Toulan and also if you are Monria or Toulan born then this warp service is free. Also on the plus side Anhithe who owns Monria and runs/develops Monria and Toulan is a good guy.

Yes, I might try planet hopping myself with a quad, but wouldn't this take some time like an hour or more, or is it quicker than that. Thanks for the tip for putting spare oil in the craft's CI. and for mentioning the cheaper options.
Caly to Ark or Next Island in a quad is about 45 minutes. to fly direct. It might take a bit longer if you avoid mob areas. Thats the longest planet to planet distance.

Just remove consumables if you are not in a hurry.

Tis safe and if you are not in a hurry, then small inconvenience., and safe enough.

I fly myself :)

:wtg:
What do you fly in? Quad or sleepnir?

If you are not carrying any lootables then cheapest is to travel by yourself. You will need a vehicle (sleipnir or a quad). Best also to carry welding wire and a repair tool.

Warp services or other travel providers are best avoided especially if you are new due to the dangers of being scammed. As there is a no naming/shaming policy on this forum I am not able to give you specific details of some well known travel providers that have scammed some well known players (plus a planet partner official) in the past. Think about it if a veteran of the game and a well known player and also a planet partner official can fall victim to a scam then what chance does a new player stand?

Hence, learn to travel by yourself when your not carrying lootables. If you are carrying lootables then you obviously need to go via a travel provider as you don't want to be looted in space by a pirate or the risk of that happening. There is one travel provider that is run by a planet partner official see this website for details:
https://www.virtualsense.eu/forum/threads/virtualsense-space-travel-program-schedule.2148/

However, I should also point out DME who runs that service is not very popular with some players who will have various different grievances and not recommend this service.

On the plus side if you have a shop or apartment on Monria or Toulan and also if you are Monria or Toulan born then this warp service is free. Also on the plus side Anhithe who owns Monria and runs/develops Monria and Toulan is a good guy.
In that case I might get a quad, thruster, welding wire and VRK while still on RT and see what it's like flying back to caly or some other planet, and thanks for the info on scammers and other potential probs!

Caly to Ark or Next Island in a quad is about 45 minutes. to fly direct. It might take a bit longer if you avoid mob areas. Thats the longest planet to planet distance.
Thank you. Is that 45 mins with a quad or sleipnir?

In that case I might get a quad, thruster, welding wire and VRK while still on RT and see what it's like flying back to caly or some other planet, and thanks for the info on scammers and other potential probs!
How to navigate in space. Open space map and place a waypoint on your destination planet. You do not have to fly to the planets space station. There is a map showing space mob locations but I don't have a link to it. A forum search should find it though.

https://absolutelyanythingelse.com/entropiaspacemap/ space map. Will also show you the space server borders. Just remember that space is 4d and pirates will sit at the same z axis that you spawn in at.. so its a bit safer to fly up / down by a few 1000m and then start flying to the planet you want to travel to as you will fly under any pirates sitting at the lootable space line.

Hope that helps a bit :)

SpikE

Navigating space can be unintuitive too, because the invisible game borders don’t line up with what is displayed on the map, or what looks visually correct in game. Basically sometimes it can look like you are pointing directly to the planet you are aiming for, but actually are rocketing towards the game deep space border and Will completely miss the landing zone.

Best strategy to avoid getting lost is to locate the planets space station on the map, set that as the waypoint and fly to it. The landing zones are right next to the station in the direction of the planet.

One exception is Monria. That planet does not have a landing zone at all. You can only TP from the station. I spent ages bumping the edge of the map before I realised that. Thanking MA for making that intuitive to know…. 🙄

Edit: oh look, check the map in the above post..

How to navigate in space. Open space map and place a waypoint on your destination planet. You do not have to fly to the planets space station. There is a map showing space mob locations but I don't have a link to it. A forum search should find it though.
Thanks again. Once I have the waypoint in place, do I just click on it and the craft will go towards it automatically? I found a map btw that shows mob locations, don't know if it's the one you meant. Link >

https://absolutelyanythingelse.com/entropiaspacemap/ space map. Will also show you the space server borders. Just remember that space is 4d and pirates will sit at the same z axis that you spawn in at.. so its a bit safer to fly up / down by a few 1000m and then start flying to the planet you want to travel to as you will fly under any pirates sitting at the lootable space line.

Hope that helps a bit :)

SpikE
Another nice map, so thank you - and thanks for saying pirates might be at the same level that I am. How do I steer the craft though? Is it like flying planet side using shift-ctrl for up and down and A, D for left and right?

Another nice map, so thank you - and thanks for saying pirates might be at the same level that I am. How do I steer the craft though? Is it like flying planet side using shift-ctrl for up and down and A, D for left and right?
In space press R to start flying automatically and use the mouse to steer. Thats the same as using a flying vehicle on planet. Left and right arrows just roll the ship unlike on planet where you can steer a vehicle by using left and right arrows. Steer the ship with the mouse to get the target marker on the waypoint. You'll know what I mean by "target marker" when you are in space. It might take a little practice to get the hang of it but there's nothing really difficult about it.

Back