News: Nanocube Changes

People sell in shops hypestims for 5-6 peds, they buy them for 3 peds while it's possbile for everyone to buy them at 3.5 - 4.
If they would have been auctionable, a lot more people would have easy access to funds to continue hunting during mayhems, by selling pills to other hunters instead of having to sell to resellers making the whole experience very toxic and unpleasant...
I'd listen to that if you weren't one of the players that overprice the pills they have for sale on Medusa.

Last edited:
Uhhm no, you only need to hold them for 2h during downtime.
Are you magically going to sell them after maintenance is over? I'm talking about the period of time you're holding onto it waiting to make a profit. Every single person is going to try and do the same thing it's going to take a very very long time if ever for the price of Nanocubes to rise enough for it to even be worth the investment holding onto them.

Are you magically going to sell them after maintenance is over? I'm talking about the period of time you're holding onto it waiting to make a profit. Every single person is going to try and do the same thing it's going to take a very very long time if ever for the price of Nanocubes to rise enough for it to even be worth the investment holding onto them.
I guess I dont think so, we'll see!

Hmm sounds interesting but i would not hope for much honestly. All depends of nanocubes markup, it will set the minimum markup for every single item in the game when its implemented. If nanocubes markup will be below 100.5% not rly much will change. None of markups will grow. Demands will grow but also markups of previously unsellable items will set to nanocubes markup which means some markups will even fall down a lot.. And nanocubes price cant go high cuz crafters will have to increase the price what will make ppl stop buying it and this will lead crafters to stop crafting. Well, i hope nanocubes will be some nice, even 101% sounds good as a minimum for every item in the game ^^

Imagine if MA did a 180 and made nano cube none tradeable / sellable to TT after the update, just like Uni ammo.

I'd piss myself laughing 🤣

just buying 100k ped worth of nanocubes and hold them until after the update will bring you around 1-3%. and to complete what you said, not every single person had suficient ped to keep them blocked in nanocubes.

just buying 100k ped worth of nanocubes and hold them until after the update will bring you around 1-3%. and to complete what you said, not every single person had suficient ped to keep them blocked in nanocubes.
To add, even if he is right and you cant sell them easily, you can just TT them anytime for your money back. It's not like speculating with any other commodity, Nanocubes are instantly liquidable for a 100% money back return. Anyone with spare PED might as well try it.

Exactly what I meant. But I see his point, maybe people have way more money than we think, maybe people are reluctant to cycle again super fast, w/e. I think its easy money for lots of people, and if not, tt it and move on. I also think the MU is gonna happen fast. Def not months in my mind. But we'll see! Im super curious how this plays out.

I would be very surprised if nancube would go that high, i even would be surprised if it will going for higher than shrapnel.
My guess is something between 100.1 - 100.5% which ofc still much better than TT the useless stuff like before.
Ofc 0.5% free ped is still good investment for a few days with ped you wont use anyway.

All current nano cubes should be made untradeable but ttable, after the update and only the new ones tradeable after the update to prevent hoarding in advance
Then ppl hoard any TT oil which will recycle later, same result :)

And what's wrong with hoarding them? It's not like they are in limited supply currently. It's hurting nobody.
Every ped hoarded in nano cubes prior to the update is a ped not spent in player to player trades or on auction

That’s the intent, and will only serve to increase mu as the oil will need to be purchased from players.
It will not, there are huge amount of oils or anything beeing tted, like animal oil residue, whoever want, can get as many as him wants right now and wait the VU. Oh, lets not talk about mining stuff where are a lot of TT able ressources only.As long as the nanocubes are into TT, nothing gonna change into oils right now, even if ppl hoard nanocubes or any other thing.

Every ped hoarded in nano cubes prior to the update is a ped not spent in player to player trades or on auction
I don't really understand the problem. I currently have all my extra PED in nanocubes, but if I need to buy something from a player or from auction in the meantime I'll just sell off some nanocubes. I'm not locked in. I'm simply storing my excess PED in nanocubes instead of on the PED card

Can you make Rockets/Launchers use UA as well then? Why do we have to jump through hoops to get ammo for these, its not like you need to craft ammo for other guns or mining...... I can see the ammo just going up in price.......

@Ludwig you are making using Rockets/Launchers even more expensive based on a change you are making. Can you please answer my question.

@Ludwig you are making using Rockets/Launchers even more expensive based on a change you are making. Can you please answer my question.
it's not ammo that's the problem, problem is that rockets spend ammo and don't make damage or input all the time. for 1000 ped run, you lose 50 peds at least that will never come back to you due to this bug

It would be much better if the auction house was updated for 21st century. It's nice that you can now exchange low-value items for something that you can actually sell, but it would be better to change the auction, so that selling items with a smaller stack worth 5-10 ped makes sense. With the current fees, the auction house is absolutely useless for selling around 30% of the items in the game for most players, but that's okay, I guess. Maybe in the next 10 years, someone will come up with a solution.

Ludwig is not doing anything expensiver or cheaper.

Wow great nice, good decision mindark!!

Not in the form of a question! LOL JK

Yes, nanocube MU -> EP markup -> more expensive ammo for EP weapons. That's an inescapable reality.

Personally I would be ok with that if EP weapons didn't have the bugs they have. They were already pretty marginal and terrible for most anything, but now it's more expensive too.

Fixing weaps that use explosives would be nice, yes, especially considering an increase in explosives mu is an increase for most of the shot cost, as opposed to the weap mu, where the mu as part of weap decay is usually minimal.

Back