Nebula rising

Ragna Rock

Old Alpha
Society
M2E
Ragna Ragna Rock
After beeing shot down with a decent amount of caldorit on me, Floyd Stagger Stash actually had the guts to propose me to lure miners into a trap where he would shoot them down, so he would pay me back partially my caldo.

Here is the conversation

I think I should send this as a support case as a scamming attempt

I guess this thread will be locked soon, but thank you for being honest and pointing out on some "characters".

gl

"Stagger: Im sure right now you suffer from the illusion of power" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

i gave you an option to earn back your lost money after you were begging for it,
you declined the option i gave you.

no harm done.

i stick with my words,

sorry for your loss
have a nice day.

Not quite seeing the scam in this. Yes it's unethical - kind of expected from pirates. Also, seems to be missing the start of the convo that would show what he is asking you to do.

I'll gladly provide safe flights for people for a decent rate if this is the case.
:wise:

i gave you an option to earn back your lost money after you were begging for it,
you declined the option i gave you.

no harm done.

i stick with my words,

sorry for your loss
have a nice day.

Luring my friends, bussines partners, contacts into a trap is not an acceptable option, neither morally nor bussines wise. Do as you please, but dont waste my time after taking my cash. Ive sent an support case since I dont believe MA will allow such kind of harrasment and criminal activity trough supply services.

i dont get it..why risk losing 1k ped if ya can take an ms for 10 ped ?

when you are stupid and forget you had that on you.... I just can say, shit happens, nothing I cant bring back in, but its a pain in the .....

Next time take a MS flight. Let this be a lesson for anyone who thinks they can go out in space with stackables, but then complain that they lost all their loot. If you wanna travel in space by yourself. Do not I repeat DO NOT BRING STACKABLES!

And make sure to check your inventory before going to space to make sure that you don't have any.

Not a scam at all....in fact back when space first came out, i made several adverts for "informants" as a "kinda of a" joke ;D

From a pirating perspective, this is "enterprising....he didint "blackmail", he didnt "force", the "informant" had every opportunity to not engage. He offered and it was declined on this occasion.....You be surprised how many do accept and deliver, most of mine are in fact in BA :yup:

Taking it all into account, id say the boy has illustrated to me that he is finally understanding the art of "pirating" to some degree. More than he has done before.

So its alittle bit less of a pain for me to give ya a GG ol son ;)

PS : Even though he is learning, i know and he knows he is not smart enough to have come up with this by himself...and i kicked him out of old soc before i could teach him this one. Yea i know who taught you this one...only one guy apart from mysefl who has been using this for a long time ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: das
Sorry for your loss, but like others said mothership would have been safer (i know hindsight etc, and you didn't realise you had in inv).

To be totally honest Stagger gave you a chance to "re-earn" your loss through this so not a scam really. Unethical, Piratish, and dastardly though :laugh:.

But he is a pirate so... i kinda want to + rep stagger for pirate stuff lol.

I'm not a pirate, but gotta give Stagger some credit for pirate role play :D.

Next time take a MS flight. Let this be a lesson for anyone who thinks they can go out in space with stackables, but then complain that they lost all their loot. If you wanna travel in space by yourself. Do not I repeat DO NOT BRING STACKABLES!

And make sure to check your inventory before going to space to make sure that you don't have any.

All good advice, but missing the point.

OP is not complaining about losing loot.

That said... not seeing a scam here. One might question the ethics, but then we are talking about a pirate, so....

After beeing shot down with a decent amount of caldorit on me,
Game mechanic abiding the rules.

Floyd Stagger Stash actually had the guts to propose me to lure miners into a trap where he would shoot them down, so he would pay me back partially my caldo.
Game mechanic abiding the rules also.

Technically there is no scam. You should reword your support case to match the social and economic construct in a different way. Yes, this is not fair, trustworthy or honorable, and it is everything that is the opposite of those words and we thank you for reporting this. It shows our world has a variety of personae and strategies that add to the experience.

Hmm. This isn't a scam dude... Don't hate the player, hate the game. Don't go in lootade PVP if you don't want to get looted. Man you even get a warning when you enter. I'm not in Stagger's fan club, but he's not doing anything wrong here.

I wonder why did you enter in the conversation at all. Pirates are just like a natural disaster - you don't talk with a hurricane that struck your house, you just rebuild it or relocate to a safer place, and move on.

I know in other games, there is the possibility to make an agreement with pvp-ers.... (The games name is similar to Adams wifes name :p ) So I wanted to see what he had to say, got actually disgusted by the proposal.

Hmm. This isn't a scam dude... Don't hate the player, hate the game. Don't go in lootade PVP if you don't want to get looted. Man you even get a warning when you enter. I'm not in Stagger's fan club, but he's not doing anything wrong here.

Hate the game? Right, like that's the solution? Drop the nonsense oneliners.
Don't go into lootable pvp? Right, no space, no planet partners, want to defend that? You can't as you're already defending Stagger.
And of course it's a scam, Stagger would never have given him the agreed caldo back. It's exactly the same as the "'i'll color your armour' and running off with it"-scam.

its not a scam.
just a way to play this game.
I agree its not fair but its allowed.
If he makes ped from this way means this game has enough ppl who fall for it, else he wouldnt bother.

...And of course it's a scam, Stagger would never had given him the agreed caldo back. It's exactly the same as the 'i'll color your armour' and running off with it.

Hmm, we may suspect that to be the case, but until that happens, it's an offer, nothing more, nothing less. I don't agree with the ethics of the offer, and I also think he may renege (based on previous "offers" he has made), but that is all potential, not realised.

Stagger would never have given him the agreed caldo back. It's exactly the same as the "'i'll color your armour' and running off with it"-scam.

This is also the only sticky point for me about him using these methods...Like in that "other game" sometimes you get ppl who dont honor the agreement. Most pirates there know to holdup their end of the bargain or they will loose the opportunity in the future. Stagger if anything in game and here on the forum has proven to be nothing but completely unstable, even to his himself...which makes what your suggesting plausible..However it would only be at that point that it was a "type" of scam....as it is atm with no agreements or services rendered....this is still not a scam..

MA should remove lootable pvp and make the game honest.

Luring my friends, bussines partners, contacts into a trap is not an acceptable option, neither morally nor bussines wise. Do as you please, but dont waste my time after taking my cash. Ive sent an support case since I dont believe MA will allow such kind of harrasment and criminal activity trough supply services.

That is so, however, it does not make the other party a scammer.

Hate the game? Right, like that's the solution? Drop the nonsense oneliners.
Don't go into lootable pvp? Right, no space, no planet partners, want to defend that? You can't as you're already defending Stagger.

Not to defend the pirates but... space is as it is, as it has been designed by MindArk.

If you want to visit other planet partners, you may do so, but you then agree to the risk of lootable PvP. Going through space to visit another planet is a privilege, not a right, which is something many here seem to have trouble understanding.

And of course it's a scam, Stagger would never have given him the agreed caldo back. It's exactly the same as the "'i'll color your armour' and running off with it"-scam.

It is only a scam if that actually happens. You have no proof that this is the intention, so you're really just throwing false accusations.

If the OP agreed and did not get the caldo back, it would be a scam. Until then, it is just an unethical pirate tactic.

To the OP:

Where is the rest of the conversation? You don't show the first part of it...

As for a scam, ofc this is moral wrong but it's just a way of pirating, he does nothing wrong. You are just angry because he looted you, right? You say in chat he stole it from you, you went into lootable space with those cald with you, right? You did get the warning (about stackables can be looted) when you entered, right ?

I wouldn't do it this way but there is nothing wrong with this pirating/roleplaying.

+ rep to OP for being honest and not sleeping with the pirates .

A 100 peds /week to lure friends and others into a pirates mouth just gets me bad taste in my mouth + It will also hurt everybody that tries to run a decent and fair taxiservice in the end.

Dont feed the Pirates .

TAC

Edited the thread title. I dont see a scam here.

+ rep to OP for being honest and not sleeping with the pirates .

A 100 peds /week to lure friends and others into a pirates mouth just gets me bad taste in my mouth + It will also hurt everybody that tries to run a decent and fair taxiservice in the end.

Dont feed the Pirates .

TAC

you got it wrong there, Ive offered him 100 PED / week for 15 weeks as payment to give me back the caldo, Im in a startup phase atm, so every PED counts, but figured him beeing not the guy I rly want any bussines with

Back