Help: Need Help while testing a new hunting method

Ragna Rock

Old Alpha
Society
M2E
Ragna Ragna Rock
First of all to explain my idea:

I call it Hedgehog hunting - since it reminds me on the methods used while creating a hedgehog fund.

We all know that the loot periods are existent, there are times with good loot and there are times with bad loot, while hunting 1 area 1 mob. The trick is to be in place and hunt during a good loot period. The problem is you never know when this period is. While 5 hunters are loosing money on mob a, b, c, d, and e, 5 others are getting good returns while hunting mobs f, g, h, i, j. With almost similar expenses per mob in terms of time and money per kill.

Lets imagine a group hunting together, but not the same mob, not the same area, but at the same time, they agree to make their total hunt expenses identical at an amount X for ammo and decay. After the hunt everything they loot is put together and shared to equal parts. relative looses are leveled, relative gains too, skill gains stayed.

I would need 10 volunteers to take part in this experiment for not less than 10 runs.

Since I am not taking part in the experiment the participants would agree about the time, the fixed amount to spend, and I would just note the results from each person. If you feel uncomfortable with sharing your loot, we can do it like "What if" so I would need the total TT value of looted items, plus a list of all non common loots which have a market value from all participants so I can create an exact as possible chart of possible gain / looses per person while hunting with this method.

Thank you for your interrest

Feel free to post any feedback about this project, Ill update this post with names of the participants and the results of the experiment.

i used this method with ppl's i trusted.

But they left the game.

I was calling it, "power by numbers"

we also used to hunt same area, and we used team but were all solo on the mob. and we always broke even or profit over other hunter in the area.

gl on this i might consider it, it will depend what and which setup u use.

Good idea, requires a lot of trust :D.... plus... the only other problem I forsee is the 50%/50% split between profit and losses probably aren't quite accurate :D...

Although your right that if you take 10 hunters and make em all hunt itll be in theory cheaper due to splitting the risk between the 10 different activities or such....

I think the only problem will be that you'll get a few people who will profit a wee bit, and lose it all because they will need to cover probably 70-80% of the other groups losses...

Let me know how it works out :D.

PS: The thing I hate about hedging is that its what it is... cover assumed losses with stock A by using profits from stock B.... conclusion is generally low profit/low loss... I guess it allows you to take a risk with something and have something your pretty sure will profit cover it... but then your gambling IMO :D...

well in order to lower the risks of not profiting but also accepting to split positive profit, you count that the group will hit a coupple globals, maybe some hof up to 1k and / or maybe an item with high markup. which rises the groups profit imense. Also its best done in socs, because of the trust factor, or with special agreements like the killer / looter of a hof above value Y takes 70% of it and splits onlye 30% of it.

I dunno,

PM me if you get to where u just need one or 2 more people, I might join. For now I rather just wate till teams come back. I really miss that.

My dream would be to see if we could get like everyone in game to go hunt one mob only. Like everyone hunt snables,
see what happens. Would we get hofs on snables?
My guess is not and it would never happen that we could get EVERYONE to hunt one mob. Plus MA would just change the loot system the next day :)

Dare I point out that hedge funds are what caused the recent global recession. The risk is still there, it just gets spread out a little more :wise:

Back