New ESI system Explained!

Stryker

Elite
Society
Warants
James Jimmy Stryker
I finally looted an ESI, and broke down and experimented with the new system, and its what we've all been dreaming of :yup:

How it works: You loot a decently-TT sized ESI, and it will last you for weeks, maybe more, varying on your dependancy on transferring. Say you loot a 300 Ped TT ESI. You have a friend cashing out who has 600 levels of perception. In the old system, we would be hesitant to even offer an ESI for those 600 levels, but now, all we lose is 1-2 peds from the TT of our ESI, as after the 600 skills are transferred, we get back both the 600 levels, as well as our original chip, minus a couple of peds decay. As far as I could see in my testing, We dont even lose 10% anymore!

The 12.50 ESIs are now completely useless, they are in essence, TT food. The new limited ESIs will not continue to go for 400, 500, or 600%. I believe they will drop not as low as TT, but only a slight bit above, with the higher echelon ESIs carrying a bit more extra value, as those will suit the owner for months.

My heart goes out to the true hunters who collected the old ESIs, and my evil-delight goes out to all of the ESI resellers who got stuck with a bundle of them. Finally what we have been asking for from MA for as long as I can remember; virtually free means of skill transfer! + rep MA :thumbup:

The only remaining issue will be figuring out different skills and their new values in accordance with TT values on the ESIs; that will need more time to be studied and analyzed.

so what u are saying if someone had a fully tt vaule ESI now they could chip out numorous skills with it... seems like MA is adding something like this cause it seems that a lot are chipping out now & leaving the game...

What your saying makes sense but there should still be a (cheaper) market for the old esi's. Not everyone is going to buy out an avatar or transfer 6k of skills, some will still want to chip out their 900 longblade. Surely they wouldnt want to use a 140 ped ESI for that- or does the original owner get it back once the buyer installs it? I guess they would consider buying one thats of lesser value. Nevermind, drunken fuga answered his own question...
Uh huh, poor resellers lol. I vote a 30% auction fee, no limit for our friends left holding the bag :)

Stryker said:
As far as I could see in my testing, We dont even lose 10% anymore!

Absolutely sure? It's worth a few peds to test this, chip out a low skill then see whether it adds the same amount back it. If this pans out, it would be awesome :)

Vap0r said:
....Surely they wouldnt want to use a 140 ped ESI for that- or does the original owner get it back once the buyer installs it? ...

Thats exactly the thing - Why would someone waste an entire old ESI on 900 Longblades, whereas if they use their 300 (or whatever value up to 1250) ESI it only loses a ped or 2 of its value?

So long as you dont fill a new ESI to its capacity, which takes a crapload of skill to do in some cases, you get two ESIs back; One containing what you chipped out, and your ESI is returned, minus a few peds value on it

NightBird - Im not 100% on that, will test it further soon, should be very simple to test

Stryker said:
Thats exactly the thing - Why would someone waste an entire old ESI on 900 Longblades, whereas if they use their 300 (or whatever value up to 1250) ESI it only loses a ped or 2 of its value?

So long as you dont fill a new ESI to its capacity, which takes a crapload of skill to do in some cases, you get two ESIs back; One containing what you chipped out, and your ESI is returned, minus a few peds value on it

NightBird - Im not 100% on that, will test it further soon, should be very simple to test

wow this is really great info, ty :)

Why would an esi that is down to 12.50 be TT food? Since its a limited item, and can be used till 0%, the markup % should also count for these. Although I also think that the markup will go down. But this has more to do that MA allows more ESI in the game then before the VU.

It would be fair if you dont lose 10% skills. Since you are already "taxed" in peds with the new system, an extra tax in skills would be unfair.

Thanks for the info stryker, I love the new system as it is easy to make really big and really small skill chips, great work MA! :D

For information about how many skills fit on a skill chip, check my work here

Witte said:
Why would an esi that is down to 12.50 be TT food? Since its a limited item, and can be used till 0%, the markup % should also count for these. Although I also think that the markup will go down. But this has more to do that MA allows more ESI in the game then before the VU.

It would be fair if you dont lose 10% skills. Since you are already "taxed" in peds with the new system, an extra tax in skills would be unfair.

It's not tt food but you have to use it in one go. With a 300tt esi, you can use it to store as little amount of skills as you want but with 12.5, if you don't use it all, it becomes peds in your inventory.. ie tt. This means a moderately higher esi would be more desirable for freedom to choose amount of skills to store.

The Nightbird said:
It's not tt food but you have to use it in one go. With a 300tt esi, you can use it to store as little amount of skills as you want but with 12.5, if you don't use it all, it becomes peds in your inventory.. ie tt. This means a moderately higher esi would be more desirable for freedom to choose amount of skills to store.

I agree to that, but striker said "The 12.50 ESIs are now completely useless, they are in essence, TT food."

I was just wondering why he would say that.

Witte said:
I agree to that, but striker said "The 12.50 ESIs are now completely useless, they are in essence, TT food."

I can think of serval reason right off the back..

Huge decay

New chips don’t seem to lose 10%

chips are reusable.

I think he is making this statement based on putting new skills on a old chip.

If you have a old chip with skills on it, while its not use less, the customers still has to pay a lot of decay to add that chip... so it should go for a very reduced price.

I think its not wise to put any new skills on a old chip because you will be losing 10% of skills, the buyer will have to pay more to implant that chip compared to a new chip.

Stryker if I have left anything out, I sure you will add to my statement :)

Witte said:

since the esi isn't used up anymore for just a single transfer, and in the amount they are usually looted (even i got 3 ESIs at one day once) there should be a big load of ESI at the one side, and just a few ppl who actually want to sell skills on the other
and those who want to sell skills need even less ESIs now

of course, i couldn't login before the VU to sell the last ESI i looted :rolleyes:

Just to make it clear:

Old ESIs dont exist anymore. The old ESIs have all been replaced with the new ESI, but at a TT value of 12.5. And the old ESIs will never drop again from mobs.

So dont TT your "old" ESI peeps ;)

Last edited:
Witte said:
Just to make it clear:

There is no such thing as an old ESI. The old ESIs have all be replaced with the new ESI, but at a TT value of 12.5. And the old ESIs will never drop again from mobs.

So dont TT your "old" ESI peeps ;)

Im not saying TT them, im saying dont be suprised if they are 15-20 peds in a few weeks or so; the new looted ESIs are the replacements.

Im testing the 10% now

Edit - Test -

You do still lose a %, it wasnt quite 10%, but levels were lost. Regardless, a huge + rep to MA for the new system, the % loss is still fair IMO

Witte said:
Just to make it clear:

There is no such thing as an old ESI. The old ESIs have all be replaced with the new ESI, but at a TT value of 12.5. And the old ESIs will never drop again from mobs.

Sry couldnt resist :D

Last edited:
Stryker said:
Im not saying TT them, im saying dont be suprised if they are 15-20 peds in a few weeks or so; the new looted ESIs are the replacements.

Im testing the 10% now

Edit - Test -

You do still lose a %, it wasnt quite 10%, but levels were lost. Regardless, a huge + rep to MA for the new system, the % loss is still fair IMO

If those 12.50 ped ESI go for 15-20 ped (120%-160%), it would mean that a 100ped esi would go for about 130-170 ped (130%-170%), because of their higher usefulness. Its about the same dilemma as buying a Korss of 30PED vs a korss of 150PED TT.

The final price will mainly depend on the droprate. With te current data its impossible to exactly know what will happen. Although the trend looks like ESI is going to be more common, and the price will go down. But this can change in a day.

About your last part you could not resist. I mean to say with IS(present time) that it doesnt exists anymore. Ofcourse it existed in the past. ;) (agreed it looks abit silly, I edited it to what I acutaly meant to say)

Last edited:
the problem with 12.5 ped esis i that when loading skills on chip you get remaining ESI back only if its TT is going to be more than 10 ped. Otherwise you get back just peds.Of course it makes 12.5 ped ESIs less valuable since you can only load them either fully or for less than 2.5 ped worth of skills

Thx for the info :)

Seen the changes in a few other perspectives: If the new ESIs will continue to drop, they will no longer be the item that MA could use to give (practically, borrow) ~75 ped to an avatar without any drain from the "lootpool". Why I say borrow? You get the cash now, while hunting, and pay back if you later on decide to sell skills. It was kind of the perfect "bonus gift".

If the droprate will fall, because in game a total of x TT of ESI ingame-limit, chipping out will be more expensive (in terms of IRL money) for avatars who wish to cash out. Imagine an avatar with lots of skills, and almost no valuable items ingame (maybe armor and weapons worth 300 ped). Instead of being able to buy one ESI at a time, sell that ESI with skills, and then buy another ESI, the avatar would have first to get cash for 300 ped * 400%. And, even if selling skills directly to an other avatar, the buying avatar would want security for his "big" ESI (or having the risk of being scammed).

This new system seems to be best for wealthy players (those who always has a filled PED card and can afford to keep a >300 ped worth looted item) and constantly gaining skills to sell out. THough this has of course to do with how the drop rate works, if new ESIs will drop regularily instead of being a silent global.

The ESI don't loose 10%.

What happens is that what is lost is 10% of the skill, and of the obtainied skill implant.

Which means that if you use a 1250 PED skill implant to take out all the rifle skills of somebody with 12000 Rifle he will get a 1124,99 PED Rifle skill implant (and the remaining rifle skills inside the avatar, since even a full ESI can't take out 12000).

If instead he decided only to take a few hundread levels he would get a ESI and Rifle skill implant which the TT when had together was less than 1250 PEDs.

The loss of TT refelects the loss of the skills that were lost in the process.
MA never said that the ESI decayed 10% per use.

So an old ESI with 12,50 can hold 11,24 of skills and 1,25 is lost in the process which also decrease the value of the resulting implant.

If instead it is used a 1250 PEDs ESI on that avatar to take out the same skills that a 12,50 ESI would take the result would be the same Skill Implant (11,24) and a 1237,50 ESI.

I think it is simple, logic and fair this new way.

It is certainly one of the best things that this VU has bring to us.

i totally agree, im not expecting them to go as far as tt, maybe something like the old +80peds or something. Mind you its all going to be dependant on the drop rate in the future, I know I have more TT of ESIs than I will use in quite some time (and thats just in 1 week of new VU)

the problem i see with the new esi's is that loots are meant to be a certain % of hunting costs ( i been told 80% )

on average 100 ped TT hunting costs = 80 ped TT loots

not sure if this is true

in the previous VU's the TT on a esi was 1 pec & the rest of the value was markup.
now with the esi's having a higher TT value this should count against the TT% of loots.

isnt the new TT on the esi's taken directly out of the average loot of that player, instead of only counting as 1 pec TT of the players loot ?

please correct me if i am wrong, but i see this as effecting the average loot % returns of hunters.

I am so lost on the new ESi chips ..I cannot understand it..so can someone help me out here? The good news is .....on my second ever global I looted an ESI with a 105 ped value. Nice loot i thought, i was very excited and still am, but here is the sad part. I have no desire to chip out skills and i have no idea what it is worth. I know it is worth 105 ped to the tt, but I am sure someone wants it, so i am not going to TT it. can anyone give me a idea of the fair market value of an ESI with a 105 tt value is? Much thanks. Oh and if you want to buy it..please let me know..I live on CND.

i have a lwt tech with max amount of skills someone can put on it but it is bugged... says TT is only 10XX or something... but was definatly filled with full amount since the avatar had some left over... and i get 9800 or something from this GSI...

might have to file a support case to see if something is wrong or if they can explain it

Madarkon said:
I am so lost on the new ESi chips ..I cannot understand it..so can someone help me out here? The good news is .....on my second ever global I looted an ESI with a 105 ped value. Nice loot i thought, i was very excited and still am, but here is the sad part. I have no desire to chip out skills and i have no idea what it is worth. I know it is worth 105 ped to the tt, but I am sure someone wants it, so i am not going to TT it. can anyone give me a idea of the fair market value of an ESI with a 105 tt value is? Much thanks. Oh and if you want to buy it..please let me know..I live on CND.

Madarkon .. worst case scenario is that you won't get more that 260%, which means, 273 peds. Prices are flying up and down, mostly because those with old ESI is trying to protect the ESI value. The more expensive ESI the lower %. I bought an ESI at 260%. Also look on other people buyout prices the are between 260%-700%. The marked is fighting to find it's new level.

No one can really help you out on this one.

First, thanx Stryker for breaking the new system down. Appreciate it!

Just an idea here, but do you think maybe this helps MA keep players around longer? I mean not that that's a bad thing - Lord knows I love EU, but I wonder about their perspective. A player, in the past, knew that if they cashed out, they could get a ton for their skills. I would think this new ESI system will lower the prices of skills quite a bit. Depending on the skill, the costof the ESI in the old system could be half or more of the price. Not anymore. Instead of me paying 90-100 peds for an ESI, I can buy one for as low as 15, use it once and be done with it. The person cashing out would not be including hte price of ESI's in the price of the skill. Even if they had ones that they looted, people aren't going to be willing to pay 90-100 peds in extra price just for the ESI - especially when the seller gets the things back anyway. It seems like you'd get less when cashing out and might be swayed on keeping your avatar active. How many times have we seen players "quit" only to be back in 4-6 months saying they couldn't stay away? Does this make sense or am I totally off base here?

Great work:D
+rep for you ;)

My heart goes out to the true hunters who collected the old ESIs, and my evil-delight goes out to all of the ESI resellers who got stuck with a bundle of them. Finally what we have been asking for from MA for as long as I can remember; virtually free means of skill transfer! + rep MA :thumbup:

....Ur wright Jimmy...i am one of those collectors...now i have 50 esi 12.50!
and probably i will tt them unless somebodyneeds them :)

....Ur wright Jimmy...i am one of those collectors...now i have 50 esi 12.50!
and probably i will tt them unless somebodyneeds them :)

ai ai ai that sux,.

Well i say DONT tt em, sell em at 200%

nyway if u are usre about tting tt em to me :D

Back