New Laser Amp Tested: Shear Pro600 (L)

neomaven

Old Alpha
Flerin neomaven Flerinson
Buzz sold me one of the first of these to be crafted, forgot to test it out, and had it sitting in storage a couple weeks. OOps!

Thanks Buzz!

Vital Stats:

Damage: 33 (3 Penetration, 30 Burn)
Ammo Burn: 6
Decay: 2 pec
Damage/Pec: 4.125
TT Value: 105 PED
Weight: 0.8 kg

shearpro600.JPG

I have also entered the stats on pe-wiki for reference:

http://pe-wiki.info/Info.aspx?chart=Attachment&id=67

Looks expencive, not just to use but also to buy :) But, also looks like a good tool if someone is taunting you in pvp :silly2:
Im too tired to figure out economics with my pistol and so on.. :)

To bad the decay is 2 pecs... then it's finished after ~5000 rounds...

To bad the decay is 2 pecs... then it's finished after ~5000 rounds...

Agreed... thats about 90k ammo on a modmerc/impsMkII or in other words it lasts for one hunt only :s Again an (L) item that needs to be close to tt-price in cost for hunter to make any sence :/ And considering the bp is rareish and one of the parts needed for it are hardly dropped by MA gl to any crafter that wants to sell em "cheap".. Too bad since it would be a great amp for big mobs.

Agreed... thats about 90k ammo on a modmerc/impsMkII or in other words it lasts for one hunt only :s Again an (L) item that needs to be close to tt-price in cost for hunter to make any sence :/ And considering the bp is rareish and one of the parts needed for it are hardly dropped by MA gl to any crafter that wants to sell em "cheap".. Too bad since it would be a great amp for big mobs.

Although It would be pretty cool for adding to a Bravo. Although not essential. Im sure some mid-level hunters with deeper pockets wouldn't mind buying one. Economics Isn't too Important for those. Maybe Id buy a lower TT one, for a 100 PED or so. Maybe these could be more profitable If made without using residue... I mean, there'll be more buyers Intersted maybe? :dunno:

Well, either way, it is quite cool to have a high dmg amp available for laser now. The biggest laser amp in game before this was the A204, which only adds 20 damage, and sells for well over 5000 PEDs, or the Eamp 15 (23 damage), which has pretty bad eco (3.47).

This is a decent alternative for those who dont want to lay out so many peds, and who occassionally want to boost firepower for bigger mobs.

Also, it has much better eco than any of the other crafted laser amps (E-amp 11-15).

I agree that the determining price factor will probably be the availability of the needed components to craft.

Although It would be pretty cool for adding to a Bravo. Although not essential. Im sure some mid-level hunters with deeper pockets wouldn't mind buying one. Economics Isn't too Important for those. Maybe Id buy a lower TT one, for a 100 PED or so. Maybe these could be more profitable If made without using residue... I mean, there'll be more buyers Intersted maybe? :dunno:

If the required components and L Bps are rare (i.e. expensive), it would be foolish for a crafter to waste clicks and not use residue.

If the required components and L Bps are rare (i.e. expensive), it would be foolish for a crafter to waste clicks and not use residue.

Well, It depends. I suppose I could comment better If I knew the cost to craft.

Hypothetically, lets say It costs 500 PED to craft. So the markup would make the end price around 1.3k. Who In there right mind would bid on something so expensive. Whereas If there were a lower TT one, say at 10%, you'd oay around 300 PED. Although you may get a higher %, due to the fact more people would be after a lower TT one, and no one would be willing to pay 1.3k to buy one... Lemme find an example on another (L) Item.

Btw, I know my math sucks. But I hope you see what I mean...

Correct me If Im missing something too :)

Well, It depends. I suppose I could comment better If I knew the cost to craft.

Hypothetically, lets say It costs 500 PED to craft. So the markup would make the end price around 1.3k. Who In there right mind would bid on something so expensive. Whereas If there were a lower TT one, say at 10%, you'd oay around 300 PED. Although you may get a higher %, due to the fact more people would be after a lower TT one, and no one would be willing to pay 1.3k to buy one... Lemme find an example on another (L) Item.

Btw, I know my math sucks. But I hope you see what I mean...

Correct me If Im missing something too :)

Missing one important fact. The only bps that exist to make these are (L) and drops very rarely=limited amount of chances of making an amp. So you can just make a "few low tt ones that are easier to sell for people using em on taggers pkweaps rarely". + These can be "filled up" with robot residue which sells @102% or so @the most so making them max tt costs... tt? :p The expensive bit is getting the right "stuff" to actually get em after being lucky enough to loot a bp.. And having the skills to craft em off course but that goes for everything.

Missing one important fact. The only bps that exist to make these are (L) and drops very rarely=limited amount of chances of making an amp. So you can just make a "few low tt ones that are easier to sell for people using em on taggers pkweaps rarely". + These can be "filled up" with robot residue which sells @102% or so @the most so making them max tt costs... tt? :p The expensive bit is getting the right "stuff" to actually get em after being lucky enough to loot a bp.. And having the skills to craft em off course but that goes for everything.

I suppose, I suppose.

Well, maybe for the (L) BP. Although Im sure one unlimited will drop sometime in the next few years lol. Maybe my statement will be correct then :)

Damn, I hate admiting Im wrong. Can you tell? :D

Adding this to a MM changes it into a 143,3 dmg/sec killing machine :eek:

Its a pretty nice item for PK. Probalby less popular for hunting. If MA would only make skills needed to max out an amp independent of the weapon you put it on, these new (L) amps would be real winners.

ps (advertisment) I made a new gimmick on wiki. When you add an amp to a gun and the gun wont support it, the damage and eco turns red ;)

Well, if the decay was lower, and the tt higher it would have been a cool amp to actually hunt with. Altough u need a weapon with 66 dam to use it 100% it would be cool for the larger FF series,

But now i only value this for pvp. add it to a tango or any other high dam laser weapen and u get a nice boost.

This is a very good amp to get a edge in events, add it to a MM and u get very nice dam sec, even higher them imp doa

yes, imp mk2 AND mod merc both amped with those is (almost) very best kill stealing combo :D
probably only economical if only used for that controversal purpose

ps (advertisment) I made a new gimmick on wiki. When you add an amp to a gun and the gun wont support it, the damage and eco turns red ;)

That's a great feature Witte, no need to call it a "gimmick"!!

Good work :yay:

Now if only MA adds a warning as well :tongue3:

Now if only MA adds a warning as well :tongue3:

Er...they do? It's in yellow, though. Anyway, very nice work on the wiki Witte.

I saw this amp on auction a few weeks ago and drooled at the possibilities for PvP and uber mob hunting for kicks but at the price it was listed at i'll never have one. :eek: :laugh:

I don't suppose you'll tell us which rare part it requires?

I saw this amp on auction a few weeks ago and drooled at the possibilities for PvP and uber mob hunting for kicks but at the price it was listed at i'll never have one. :eek: :laugh:

Oh... I turned those off then ops :p

Nice amp.. tragedy it is limited, even more of a tragedy that is has such poor eco.
As everyone else said its only use ifs for pk. fortunitely its rareity and expense will mean that the only people who will have them would be the people who can afford a gun it would be suitable for (tango, mod merc, iimk2)

You can be certain that anyone who goes up against warrants during land grab will get a taste of what this amp can do :)

Im am sure anyone who has a mod merc and is participating in LG will have this amp.

Now all Ma has to do is release more amps of this caliber but with better efficiency and more readily available so that the rest of us can get one for our marbers and still be able to hunt with a fair amount of efficiency.

Its a part that was looted from SEG before the latest update... Got one in about 4 days of hunting there ("robot damage amplifier" i think the name was, not 100% sure gave mine to buzz..?) Spent a bit over a week @seg after latest update and over 20k peds of ammo, and didnt get even one... So either MA moved it to another mob, or they just dont drop atm hence my comment about rarity before...

Last edited:
Its a part that was looted from SEG before the latest update... Got one in about 4 days of hunting there ("robot damage amplifier" i think the name was, not 100% sure gave mine to buzz..?) Spent a bit over a week @seg after latest update and over 20k peds of ammo, and didnt get even one... So either MA moved it to another mob, or they just dont drop atm hence my comment about rarity before...

Ok, thank you Optima. I expect that the BP itself is the most limiting thing at the moment -- that it's a rare drop and not an unlimited BP yet. Anyway, if i happen to see any robot amplifiers, i'll try not to tt them. :D

Could it be 'Robot Power Amplifier'?

They're not that rare though.

Hmmm thats wrong now that you say it... ffs im not sure which part it is i just know its insanely rare lol. What about "robot range finder" make more sence?... ah whatever ill ask buzz later today which one it was to be sure..

6 ammo burn. :eek:

I can't get rid of this terrible feeling that the Dante is going to have it's ammo burn upped in some future VU.

Yes it is the range finder, and they are extremely rare was hunting high lvl bots (no SEG tho, too mean) for a couple of days using ~750k ammo and no range finder, but alot of different crap tho.

Yes it is the range finder, and they are extremely rare was hunting high lvl bots (no SEG tho, too mean) for a couple of days using ~750k ammo and no range finder, but alot of different crap tho.
Not all robots drops the same stuff... Maybe only SEGs drops them?

I've never looted one, and I've spent a LOT of time and peds hunting the Drones (up to 09), Troopers (up to 06) and Warriors (up to 06) NE of Twin.
I have also hunted some SEGs now and then, but only in teams, since I don't like dying too much :D

6 ammo burn. :eek:

I can't get rid of this terrible feeling that the Dante is going to have it's ammo burn upped in some future VU.

Ehrm... If a weapon/amp uses 2pec decay/6ammoburn or 6pec decay/2 ammoburn doesnt really matter on an unlimited item now does it?.. Same cost per shot... Provided MA doesnt change the dam/pec that is...
That being said id take high burn over high decay on an (L) item any day since it would last longer thus making markup/shot lower?...

Ehrm... If a weapon/amp uses 2pec decay/6ammoburn or 6pec decay/2 ammoburn doesnt really matter on an unlimited item now does it?.. Same cost per shot... Provided MA doesnt change the dam/pec that is...
That being said id take high burn over high decay on an (L) item any day since it would last longer thus making markup/shot lower?...

LOL. Clearly I'm an idiot. :ahh: Totally didn't take decay into account.

Of course this item is going to be rare. I see no reason why this amp should ever become common. Take a look at the list of guns which can handle this bad boy. It's a short, privileged list.

IMKII, 40MM, (the only pistol class that can handle it, btw), Fire Forges, 3 upper level Omegatons... In other words, only the best guns one can obtain. Will it work on Plasmas? I don't use 'em so I don't know. If so, throw in Marbers and Lichters. Um, that's it. No other gun should be using this hulk.

It's a beast! This thing has no business being created in any quantity whatsoever.

I want one.

Back