New Nvidia Drivers

Weird thing after upgrading to win 7 pro 64 im waiting on my 5850 ati card so i didnt install nvidea drivers thus using microsofts WDDM drivers and gues what? game never ran as bugless as it dos now :D

Updated of Win7/64 generic drivers to nvidia latest on a clean install and palpably nvidia shits on the windows 7 drivers.
Experience underpinning this is Vista 32 being former OS on equivalent nvidia drivers and thats experience was absolute crap:)

No comparisons;)

ofcourse i didnt say anything about the performance of microsofts graphics card drivers, those arent verry well (lightly stated) becouse its made to have the card running nothing more :D but it dos run as crash free as it gets atm.

so no im not saying use microsofts ones :D, was just a experience couse i dont want to polute my install for those vew weeks of waiting. :laugh:

ofcourse i didnt say anything about the performance of microsofts graphics card drivers, those arent verry well (lightly stated) becouse its made to have the card running nothing more :D but it dos run as crash free as it gets atm.

so no im not saying use microsofts ones :D, was just a experience couse i dont want to polute my install for those vew weeks of waiting. :laugh:

Yeah no worries, choice of vid card is completely yours and strategy to apply drivers:)

ATI Radeon Graphics card

Anyone with ATI Radeon 4570 graphics cards problem?

opp yeah the graphics cards come with 512mb

Question is : Do you ned to upgrade the ATI driver too?

Last edited:
Didnt have any problems with my old computer running Vista.
Well, it was common with hang (but not BSOD) on exit, but that was no problem in windowed mode, just kill the process.

But after getting new moderboard and cpu (same gfx card) and upgrading to Windows 7, it crashes a lot :(

And now after the last update, I will not even try to log in, crashes very soon, sometimes directly on login, very annoying.

Even if it is a "driver problem", if I were MA, I would maybe try to NOT use that particular feature until NVidia fixes it... (since it seems they know what the problem is...) There is always an alternative (possibly bit slower) method, but stability is ALWAYS more important then performance...
Totally unprofessional to blame it on NVidia when so many people have problems with it.
Drivers are ALWAYS more or less buggy, deal with it dammit...

</rant off>

alh
You dont mention card if it was problematic.
Interested what that card was ?

alh
You dont mention card if it was problematic.
Interested what that card was ?

NVidia GTX295

Before I ran it with a Core2Duo and 2G ram, and Vista Ultimate 32bit, with no problem (except performance penalty for the underpowered system)
Now I run it with Core i7, 6G ram and Win7 ultimate 64 bit. Performance is good, but crash all the time :(

Weird I run the GFX 295 single pcb on core duo 8400 via Win7 /64 and moving to Win 7 has been a major improvement.
Are Ie7 chip drivers an issue ?

interesting to know...

What do you mean by "ie7 chip drivers"?

Running i7 920 (@3.5) on W7 64 bit - GTX285 with latest drivers - no CTD issues for me. The odd gfx glitch but more to do with EU than the drivers i think.

Dual GPU issue ?

Cheers

Dai

Anyone with ATI Radeon 2570 graphics cards problem?

opp yeah the graphics cards come with 512mb

Question is : Do you ned to upgrade the ATI driver too?

Radeon 2570? :scratch2:

If you are using an NVIDIA based system and you are having problems with CTDs or fatal crashes (BSODs) we recommend you to install the latest graphics card drivers from NVIDIA for the best stability.

No i am not having CTD or any sonnection problems, but after updated of 10.2.2 i am haviong VERY big problemes with my graphics.
Every crafting machine, every terminals of trading, repairing reviving or storage is veeeeeeeery shining in light green, every avatar is Black color and no textures or any colours.

I am about to send a support case to MA witha pic or somethin.

Dont know if this is just for me but if anyone had the same problems and have alredy resolved it i would be realy appricated if someone would help me ;)

Cheers!

Cherry :cheer:

interesting to know...

What do you mean by "ie7 chip drivers"?

These drivers (chipest drivers for motherboard) may impact upon the cpu accessing RAM and if this happens the video card may be impaired due to processor being impaired... just a thought.

opp actually is ATI radeon 4570 ;)

Ah. :)

No need to change drivers if they work right? There's usually less problems with ATI drivers than nvidia ones anyway...

These drivers (chipest drivers for motherboard) may impact upon the cpu accessing RAM and if this happens the video card may be impaired due to processor being impaired... just a thought.

Ah, you did mean chipset drivers. The "ie7" part confused me, afaik there is no chip called that and all I could come up with searching was "internet explorer" :)

With GTX 8800 cant log on

since the update I am locked out of the game. After entering log on and pass word I get a brief windowed black screen and then it crashes out back to launcher screen and gives the same error message.
It is the same error each time
windows XP Profesional
Memory 3584
Grafics adaptor NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTX
driver is latest 6.14.11.9107
exception address = 2014586842
and then the version was 10.2.1.34917
I know get the same from 10.2.2.35134
I have tried slowing conection rate an turning sound off and trying low graphics and various other settings to no avail. Its a program bug.
Any idea's guys or do I wait it out to next VU.:scratch2:

since the update I am locked out of the game. After entering log on and pass word I get a brief windowed black screen and then it crashes out back to launcher screen and gives the same error message.
It is the same error each time
windows XP Profesional
Memory 3584
Grafics adaptor NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTX
driver is latest 6.14.11.9107
exception address = 2014586842
and then the version was 10.2.1.34917
I know get the same from 10.2.2.35134
I have tried slowing conection rate an turning sound off and trying low graphics and various other settings to no avail. Its a program bug.
Any idea's guys or do I wait it out to next VU.:scratch2:

I'd rollback drivers to previous version.

Ah, you did mean chipset drivers. The "ie7" part confused me, afaik there is no chip called that and all I could come up with searching was "internet explorer" :)
Lol yeah sorry crossed the line to browser issue for another ppl, yep check chipset drivers they impact on Ram and a few others issues although Ram on vid card should be separate but mobo/chipset process speed has an impact upon how smoothly the processor copes with the vid card processes and bottlenecks for data (as far as I understand)
Another thought is bios updates, updated mine with new GTX 295 and great impact.
Dunno I might be talkin shit, nothing seems absolute these days.
Cheers :)

hehe i didnt have any of those problems until i updated to the latest driver linked on that page :D
switchec back to the 182 and all works wonderful

Got exactly same problem. Once installed the new drivers... everything messed up...
Rolled back to the previous version... and everything is fine :)

GTX8800 problems

I have tried 4 drivers aside from the current one. Including the newest Beta and others from Feb 2009. All return the same message!:(

having the same BSOD problems etc. mentioned by most here.. checking out the "182.08" nvidia driver for my 9800gtx+..

~ripper

*bump*

MA, what happens with this? Entropia/FPC is the only program/game that crashes the Nvidia drivers (after 182.08, which works fine) on my machne. (And I have many games...)
You (your CryTek engine) must use some illegal calls to the driver, causing these BSODs.
Please do something about this problem soon!

lol.. and NVIDIA and MA are partners!!.... hahaha

Entropia/FPC is the only program/game that crashes the Nvidia drivers (after 182.08, which works fine) on my machne.
I roll back to 182.06, and i did that because i had 3 BSOD's with another game (couldn't mention it name here) + video player running at the same time (crash occurred 1 of hundreds runs, but i don't need any crashes, i need rockstable machine). And i didn't had any BSOD's with Entropia.
So problem could be with Nvidia drivers, not with MA/FPC.

I had the BSOD problem before, but now it works pretty good with the right settings, seems that someone did something..

If I am using too high settings, nv4_disp.dll crashes and I have to restart the computer, but no BSOD.

I am currently using latest graphics driver 195.62 with 8800GT.

With 182.08 I can run with all graphical settings at max, but with the later drivers I get these BSOD's just a short moment after entering any kind of building and sometimes also by just being close to a building. Out in the wild I don't seem to get the BSOD's.
I would like to hear what MA is doing about this since they have the Nvidia logo on the login screen. I assume that means some sort of cooperation between twe two companies. And since ATI card owners don't seem to have any problems... well...
My machine is an AMD 64 X2 6000+, 4GB, NVidia 8800GT

I would like to hear what MA is doing about this since they have the Nvidia logo on the login screen. I assume that means some sort of cooperation between twe two companies. And since ATI card owners don't seem to have any problems... well...
My machine is an AMD 64 X2 6000+, 4GB, NVidia 8800GT

I asked support before and they replied, look at post 29.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/2160638-post29.html

So it seems that the problem is with the drivers, and MA is waiting for Nvidia to fix it. I also sent an email to Nvidia about this, but i think it might take a while.. :(

Back