new player needs to be pointed in the right direction.

Leland

Hatchling
Leland scott ashcroft
Hello all,
I am not going to make my first deposit until next week so i need some advise.

I've been sweating so much I'm starting to sweat....

sold my first batch of sweat and bought the TT opalo(spelling might be off)and 13ped in amo.(as many of you know this did'nt get me far) Made a few pec's and now I'm out of amo.

so back to sweating, taking a few days to do TP runs(solo)and I only need 3 more(thanks to PEassistant), however I have tried many times and without armor and amo i dont think i'll get the last 3....(still have another cont. to go, but ill do that later)

I now have about 15ped saved up again, so my question is:

should i buy 15ped in amo and try my luck again?
hold off and keep sweating until i make my deposit next week then buy amo?
or buy the 13ped TTsword and hunt with that for a while?

will the decay on the sword last me longer(get more kills)than 13ped of amo?

I will be making a deposit next week and i will be around for awhile...but the thought of sweating for another week is just killing me(I need to kill something).....

and is it correct to assume that i can train each and every skill PE has to offer? so buying the sword untill my deposit(to buy amo)would not hurt me in the long run?(i might even enjoy the sword?)

comments/advise/thoughts ?
Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the universe Leland.

First off, I must say I love this quote: "I've been sweating so much I'm starting to sweat." :laugh: That is the reason I'm replying to this, to be frank ;)

It's all up to you. We can all try to assist you with what to do, but from the sound of it you have a basic understanding of how the game works and in the end it's all about your playing time. If you absolutely abhore sweating, then don't do it. It does give you some skills and free ped, so I often recommend it... but certainly, EU should be about FUN first and foremost. So, if it's really a bore to you don't do it ;)

On to the sword question. I haven't used that tt enblade, although tt melee weapons are great and I recommend them for many players. You are correct in that gaining skills only help you (even if you were to become a rifle hunter). You gain many skills that will help in everything you do the minute you use anything, so try everything if you can.

I might suggest not overlooking some good old powerfists from the tt (enknuckles-A). Ok, first off, I'm biased. I have skilled powerfist for a while and love them. But really, if someone had said to me three years ago "Hey, Sveta, you really should get a good pair of knuckles and gain some skills" I would be, well, way ahead of where I am today. The nice thing with the tt knuckles imo is their relevance to many other hunting styles. With fists, you are going to gain your usual powrfist skill, light melee weapons skill, etc... but you are also going to get considerable hp's compared to some others, nice strength skills, and good evade (btw, that goes for most melee weapons which is why I strongly recommend them). And, I can vouch that the decay on the enknuckles-A is great... I believe full tt is about 15-18 ped, and they will last you well. I would suggest, if you take this route, to go for combibo youngs, exarosaur youngs, etc. I could recommend a few others as well.

My beef with swords: I love them, but they tend to decay faster. They give far more damage, but at a newbie level I don't think you ought to worry too much about inflicting damage. Take it easy on small mobs- you will get all the skills you need from them and won't require a lot of decay per mob on your weapons.

Last edited:
I had to smile at that statement also. You are on the right track. If you want assistance on the tp's that you don't have, just give a yell. I'm on a fair amount, eastern time united states, evenings and almost all weekend. :) I'd be glad to help.

Melee weapons give you good skills. I don't know about the powerfists, but they sound fun.

Have FUN in the game is the main thing though.

Of course there is no full-proof plan into making money, so I'll just tell you what I did. Opalo(later with amp) hunting really isn't that bad. But of course you won't make a profit everytime and hides/paints etc you loot from low level creatures sell better in larger quantities. That's why I suggest you create a buffer before you start hunting.

In my first few days I started sweating and gathered all teleports, by doing this you will also see some areas where you can later start hunting. Besides this tp-running I maximized my sweat-gathering skill before I went out hunting. This way I made full use of my sweat gathering abilities and I built up some nice defense skills which save you money on every hunt you will do. On top of all the sweat I sold I then deposited 500ped, which at the time was 41.49 euro via gametime. Only then did I really start hunting. I started hunting daikiba's and exarosaurs around fort troy and snablesnots near fort argus. Loot wasn't great, about break-even but I was seeing my skills increase pretty fast. Pretty soon after I started using the A103, think it was before I maxed out the opalo and it opens up a bigger range of mobs you can hunt. So I also started hunting cornundacauda's, foul, caudatergus. Next to these there are numerous other mobs you can start hunting easily with amped opalo (see PE-wiki), some people do really well on berycled, for me these don't drop very good so I just don't hunt them.

This turned out a little longer than I meant it to be, but the idea is, it takes some time and money to get started. If you keep hunting with opalo+a103 I don't believe you can makes losses in the long-run, of course given you're not hunting mobs above your level. But it is very well possible to lose on a single opalo hunt, that's why I suggest you create a buffer. Rather sell all your sweat and do a big hunt than doing several smaller ones.

if you want to go hunting you might want to get some armour, i got some pixie armour and swopped 444 sweat for full set that didnt have arms. That armour is beginner armour but is far better then not having armour at all. So keep look out for some armour going for a good price. They normally accept sweat.

You hear very often you should only hunt if you 6000 or 10-20000 shots. A lot people say if you hunt only a short time, then you cannot break even.

I am too new to be able to answer if this is true. There are 2 possible scenarios:

a) MA logs how much money/ammo/decay you spend in (for example) an hour and uses this to calculate your loot.

b) Loot is 100% random. But the longer you hunt, the higher the chance that you get big loot (obviously).

As I said: I don't know which of these theories is correct.

Back