No more returning items?

-Herb-

Prowler
Herbatrix Herb "Fuck" Herbalicious Fail
The other day, I was in a rush and was just TTing junk I had got from hunting..while I was going through ammo, I must of accidently put in my Beast amp (which was broken) and sold it. Obviously after I realised that I'd sold something worth about 175PED I panicked a bit, but after asking around I was told by quite a few people that MA can return items accidently TTed - so, in a support case, I asked if it could be returned. The reply was
'' Hi,
We are sorry but, since VU 9.0 (November 2007), the Entropia Support cannot replace any items accidentally sold to the trade terminal. The sales transaction is not approved until you have confirmed the sale. Since all trades are final, it is the responsibility of each participant to carefully check all trade transactions before accepting them.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support "

But quite a few people had told me that they had items returned, even after 9.0..

life can be crappy...

i used to tt stuff pretty often coz i mixed the tt and repair terminal :F but i always got everything back from MA if i wanted...

But quite a few people had told me that they had items returned, even after 9.0..

seen that a few times lately too yes :eek:

What i have heard they used to give everone one chance of accidentially tt:ed items but not after vu 9.0 only maybe if it is something worth 10-20k+ but only maybe

:grumble:Made it once with a worthy thing but i got it back but that was before newer VU
Omg what a lame thing not being able to get it back :(

Yeah, EU is being pretty shitty for me now..I have about 0.2PED, my weapons and armor are close to being completely broke, and I just lost 200PED worth of amp.. :bomb:

Yeah, EU is being pretty shitty for me now..I have about 0.2PED, my weapons and armor are close to being completely broke, and I just lost 200PED worth of amp.. :bomb:

Okey let me tell ya that there has been to much mistakes in tt-ing stuff, and in the tt-option it is always a question if you accept or not.

Nothing to do with the stuff u lost now, sorry but it is not that hard reading wich things that is in tt-list.
not even for me with dyslexia and so.. But i feel symphaty with you.

Other shit is that atm it seems to be decreasing time in loots and lots of ppl dont care for an item worth ~200 ped.

Look at the bright side you wont do it again.. ;)

Okey let me tell ya that there has been to much mistakes in tt-ing stuff, and in the tt-option it is always a question if you accept or not.

Nothing to do with the stuff u lost now, sorry but it is not that hard reading wich things that is in tt-list.
not even for me with dyslexia and so.. But i feel symphaty with you.

Other shit is that atm it seems to be decreasing time in loots and lots of ppl dont care for an item worth ~200 ped.

Look at the bright side you wont do it again.. ;)

Meh, suppose so.

Now to build up a fortune from 20pec..

Meh, suppose so.

Now to build up a fortune from 20pec..

Good luck there mate.
Because of the paynova i am not able to make deposits yet so i am soon dried out to
Dont wanna sell my gear so i will take it easy now :D

i think returned item you speak about was not TTed...

Anyway , i whant a button on item that turn them not TTable...Or even an crafted atach or what ever i dont care...
But i would like to feel a bit more secure when going to TT , specialy since almost all item have droup icon... a shit fap 05 is exactly same as mod fap...
and believe me , many mod fap fall in TT after a troxy hunt while inventaire is full of fap 05....

Anyway , i whant a button on item that turn them not TTable...Or even an crafted atach or what ever i dont care...
But i would like to feel a bit more secure when going to TT , specialy since almost all item have droup icon... a shit fap 05 is exactly same as mod fap...
and believe me , many mod fap fall in TT after a troxy hunt while inventaire is full of fap 05....

Or an option where you can buy back items TTed for the price you sold them.

Sorry to hear. Alas, MA clearly stated in VU 9.0 ( I think it was) release notes that accidentally TT'd items will no longer be returned...

Yes, a simple Lock button would do.

The lock button is an excelent idea so that item is not possible to repair in the tt lol. it repairs good but you loose it from inv =)

Sorry to hear. Alas, MA clearly stated in VU 9.0 ( I think it was) release notes that accidentally TT'd items will no longer be returned...

I wasn't around at the time of its release though, I only joined in early Dec - so there was really no way of me knowing that my items couldn't be returned, and indeed I felt quite safe about accidently TTing an item and not losing it.

Funny that they say "CANNOT" instead of "WILL NOT".

Sorry for your loss/losses.

MindArk said:
Trade Terminal
The Trade Terminal interface has been redesigned. Improvements include:
"Buy" and "Sell" are now two separate transactions.
Unique amounts of ammunition/bombs/probes can be instantly bought, for example 87 probes or 3049 Medium Weapon Cells.
A "Confirm Transaction" panel has been introduced listing all items being sold to the Trade Terminal. Items mistakenly sold to the Trade Terminal will no longer be replaced by the Support Dept.

Content List VU 9.0

A friend of mine tt'd 2 a104. Same thing.. MA won't return it since the update that modified the TT look (it's clearly written in the VU infos).

The reply was
'' Hi,
We are sorry but, since VU 9.0 (November 2007), the Entropia Support cannot replace any items accidentally sold to the trade terminal. The sales transaction is not approved until you have confirmed the sale. Since all trades are final, it is the responsibility of each participant to carefully check all trade transactions before accepting them.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support

Let me translate this into language of normal player:

Hi,
I don't care, since VU 9.0 (November 2007), the Entropia spport decided
to ignore or reply something stupid to all players that need help. If
you sold something accidentally It is good for Mindark because we are
getting more monney from you. It is all your shit and support is no more
here for players only to show other gamers that EU have its own support team.

Kind regards,
Cheap Entropia Support Bastards

this is what they think, believe me EU have the worse support ever,
you cant even call it support it is something like "informations"
they just tell you that you are in deep shit and noone can help you.

Hi,

Kind regards,

Yeah, that seems quite true..

... since VU 9.0 (November 2007), the Entropia Support cannot replace any items accidentally sold to the trade terminal...

Too bad MA didnt told us about it in VU9.0 new features.

Edit: Lol im takeing it back, they told it

Hi,

Kind regards,

I kindly disagree. My interpretation is this;

"Dear Participant,

We are sorry that you didn't read before you hit accept. This game, much like others, requires a little bit of fucking common sense. We implented the list of shit you are selling so we wouldn't spend anymore time going through thousands of fucking pages of logs looking for crap that people accidentally TT'd. We don't have time for shit like this, because we are trying to resolve more serious issues. In the future, read the list before you hit accept.

Kind regards,
Entropia Support"

Tearing up support because (no offense to the OP) some fucking moron tt's something of value isn't right. Just because an item looks like another item is no excuse either (no offense Etopia). The list that you are given prior to finalizing the deal is your list. Read it. If you can't fucking read, then you probably shouldn't be playing this game...

I make faps, weapons, mining shit, whatever. I often have lots of shit that looks the same in my inventory. I accidentally tt'd an mf-105 a while back. Did I bother support because I was fucking moron, nope. Did I learn to read the list before hitting accept? You bet!

Note to Herb; Dude, no offense, seriously. It has happened many time before, and it will happen many times in the future to many other people. Next time, just take that extra 10 seconds to scroll through the list to make sure.

Edit: Someone please TT a mod fap, so I can once again have the chance to loot one :D (maybe I should put this in the wishlist section)

~Red

many mod fap fall in TT after a troxy hunt while inventaire is full of fap 05....

I don't have a mod fap .. but when I have double item icons in my inventory I equip the one I need to keep, before I walk up to the tt.
Did that make sense ?

:scratch2:
Ok .. say we do a society tt fist hunt. We buy 3 or 4 fists each, and head out. Sometimes there are tt fists leftover in my inventory, so I equip my Manticore Deathbringer before TT'ing the fists .. to make sure I don't tt the one I wanna keep.
Or if I craft OF's .. I'll equip MY OF 105 before I go tt the 200 102's I crafted.

I also think they should return accidentally tt'd items .. but not to an extensive amount.
I think maybe once per every 6 months, returning an item that you TT'd on accident would be acceptable.

Yeah it sucks i nearly tt'd my a104 the other day but i njoticed it in the confirm window list and stopped.

In all fairness.. at the risk of being heckled... MA arent doing too much wrong.

They gave a confirm window so you can check what your selling to cover THEIR backs and rightly so.
This way it falls away from the game makers who in the past had no proper system.
Now they have a confirmation system its not really their fault... you should check.

On the sucky side... every expensive item tt'd is ped taken out the system that MA keep... mainly the reason why they did this i bet.

Sorry to be cruel but:

Would you blame a car dealaship if you bought a new car the salesman said "now drive safely", Youdrove at high speeds into a tree then come back and said.. "sorry was an accident i want a new car back"

sorry for the loss

Morb

EDIT: agreed with danielleyourmom 1 item per 6months can be returned AND at 0 TT

red said it best. kind of like scammers, you are out of luck and need to be more careful. i never had a problem tting things didn't want to before the VU change, and now i really can't see how people can mess up accidently. before it was easy. nowdays, you have to jump so many hoops to sell something, they figure you mean it when you do. it is like a pvp trade that goes sour. you need to look very very carefully.

On the sucky side... every expensive item tt'd is ped taken out the system that MA keep... mainly the reason why they did this i bet.

Not really... ex;

item X has a TT value of 10 peds. Player A sells item X to player B for 5000 ped.

Player B tt's item X, and gets 10 ped.

Player A still has 5k ped, player b still has TT value of item that he bought for +4900 ped.

The only time MA loses money from the system is when Player A decides to take out 5k ped. But, if I'm player A, I use the 5k ped to go hunting :D

100% agree with what Red said.

1 more thing,

If someone accidently tt's a very valuable item it might be worthwhile for MA to check logs and give it back.

Since there is a big difference between 175 ped, or 20000 ped.
'
They just created a safety line for themself so they have a reason to not do this for every single tt+ item that you accidently tt'd.

I'm not blaming too much on MA, but it really is quite a simple thing to do - the Beast that was TTed was broken anyway, so worth only about 0.1PED, so it's like they / I are trying to steal anything. But an occasional return would be v. helpful.

And I know there's a list for a reason, but i'm going to be TTing loads of stuff, and it's gonna be quite annoying (and easily forgotten) to read it all..yes, now you are all gonna shout at me and say that it's worth the effort and that i'm lazy, but referring back to the crashing car analogy, that's why we have car insurance ;)

Not really... ex;

item X has a TT value of 10 peds. Player A sells item X to player B for 5000 ped.

Player B tt's item X, and gets 10 ped.

Player A still has 5k ped, player b still has TT value of item that he bought for +4900 ped.

The only time MA loses money from the system is when Player A decides to take out 5k ped. But, if I'm player A, I use the 5k ped to go hunting :D

But if the items TT'd then that person cant withdraw the 5k ped of its markup :D therefore MA win

Back