Society
Shaolin
Oberon de Monmur
OTHsign.gif

Hi and welcome (back..?) to Oberon's Treasure Hunts

The events are open to all and everyone, and assumes
no fees or costs of any kind
no equipment, such as weapons, armor or excavators
no skills, such as those enabeling you to kill or survive any encountered fellow participants or mobs. (Although some ability to evade such encounters may come in handy, depending on what routes you chose - but having collected all available TPs will eliminate the need for this...)

The first treasure hunt was conducted in Hadesheim, to check out how to hide items in a way to keep people occupied for a while, without pissing them off... :)
I had a jolly good time - as had (some :) ) of the participants.

Treasure Hunt #2 - "Put Your Mind To It"

A Treasure Hunt with a twist - you've got to use your knowledge on a variety of subjects, your encyclopaedias in the bookshelf, or the resourceful world wide web, to reveal the answers to the clues given during the hunt.
Once you've deducted the answer, you will know where to go to search for the hidden treasure. And be assured they are well hidden - we don't want no non-participating bypassers to stumble over the event rewards, do we..?

(Check the thread of the first Treasure Hunt, and you'll have reports from people searching for hours, although they had a pretty good idea of where to look... :))

Right - here's how the hunt will be conducted:
1) You'll get a clue in this thread.
2) When you've figured out in which town the treasure is hidden, go there and start searching.
3) If you find the treasure, please post your findings - or at least that you found something - in this thread.
4) When I have verified that the treasure is found, a new clue will be posted for the next town. The hunt will comprise 10 towns.

Good luck everyone - Have fun!

The hunt will start October 15th! Stay tuned!

ooo ill try and be there:D

+Rep Great event..well sounds like it :p

oooh, another one, where will the clues be posted?

The clues will be posted right here... Stay tuned :)

Let it come,nice idea :)

thanks for the heads up on this one Oberon i enjoyed (i guess that frustratioin could be...) i never found anything in hades but ill try again. cant wait for the first clue

Thanks for the heads up and for giving back to EU and EF. +rep

ye hawww im ready to go. wat time zone r u in, cause 15th may come before me for you.

"Clue Clue Clue Clue Clue" goes the chanting...

Looks like great fun Oberon :)

The Treasure Hunt
will start at
noon MA time

Stay tuned!​

Clue #1

The hunt is on!

There will be only one treasure in each town! (Although it might consist of several objects, hidden at the same place...

Clue #1
If you know who went to Colchis to retrieve a treasure, you know where to look...

Now go! Happy Treasurehunting!

Is this it??

tres1.jpg

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Yup, you've got it... :)

Now you can see that the "mind" part is twofold - and I hope that one helps you to stay focused.. ;)

Next clue in a few minutes...
Stay tuned!

Clue #2

Hello Calypsians! Still got your old Earth maps? Have a look at
37° 56′ 0″ N
22° 56′ 0″ E

Then go! :)

aww man, i just worked out the first one, lol, now i gotta map read, not done that since my navy days

Wheeeeeeeee :girl:

I hope I got it all...

Hehheh, "Medium Nerve Blast chip"---I think that's what's happening to my nerves now! :)

grrr right as i figure dit out

Love it!

Its a great game Oberon. Very thrilling!!! +rep

flyingdog said:
Its a great game Oberon. Very thrilling!!! +rep

Indeed - great stuff Oberon :D

hehhehheh, not only am I a PE JUnkie---now I'm a treasure hunt junkie as well! Aaaaarrrrrgh, I need a "clue" fix! :)) +rep

Last edited:
Danoclese said:
Oh dear... You must be in bad shape - 'cause I think you pressed the wrong button then... :)

Reactions: Mal
Oberon said:
Oh dear... You must be in bad shape - 'cause I think you pressed the wrong button then... :)

Did I??? OMG, I'm sorry!!!! I'll have to fix that! :duh:

Oberon said:

OMG :rofl: Now do you see what you are doing to us.....

i do have to say tohugh i found a pec in the little strobelight thing at jason bar.

edit: THE NOVA thing

Clue #3

OK - time to move on...
This time I have a quote from an author very close to me... ;)

Clue #3
Go in, and cheer the town; we'll forth, and fight,
Do deeds worth praise and tell you them at night.

Find out what town and go go go! :)

Mal said:
i do have to say tohugh i found a pec in the little strobelight thing at jason bar.

edit: THE NOVA thing
Wasn't me... but Grats anyway... :D

Back