OLD Version Server.

jgarganoiii

Alpha
Society
Infamous
George Hitman Gargano
How about an idea where we have the option to have another avatar created on a server with an OLD version of Entropia maybe back to Project Entropia days?

OG players log in with their username. Newbies use their email address. It's probably too late to go back to the original server :)

I'd like to see a system where players could travel between different Version Updates with their actual avatar, but it's not realistic in the remotely near future.

I'd like to see a system where players could travel between different Version Updates with their actual avatar, but it's not realistic in the remotely near future.
Mindark can't stop us from glitching on a wall.

They have "released" WoW Classic and Old School Runescape to massive success, so why not
I dont know my VU history, but from the stories i have heard I would either want the robot invasion/defense where you get the RX armor, or I would want SGA VU where tons of fun stuff drops.

Which one is older? and by how long?

I just miss getting a hunting global and seeing actual items in the window. A few pieces of armor and a gun was so exciting versus shrapnel even if we sold some of it to the TT anyways.

They have "released" WoW Classic and Old School Runescape to massive success, so why not
Millions of players to split, who already have various servers versus a few thousand who only ever played a single server

Yeah who doesnt want such features as lootlag or rubberbanding back, i like to play old games too for nostalgic reasons but theres more to old eu/pe than just the software why you want to play it again and im telling you you wouldn't be satisfied.

It would actually be real fun, not sure how viable though

i think people tend to forget all mob under 1k hp could no loot xD

but yeah an old PE server would be fun, only to bring back some memories, let s hunt some spidey with opalo + 103 !

Well, soon there's going to a new game engine. If they ever did something like this it'd be interesting to do 3 of em... one per game engine, with it on vu level for the last vu before the new game engine went in to place.

Wanted to share this which I think is relevant to this particular discussion:

Oldschool Runescape is very popular, actually more popular then RuneScape 3, but there are a lot of bots in Oldschool Runescape.

Some of the points raised in this video to try and explain this phenomenon are:

1. The new Runescape lost itself in an attempt to compete more directly with well established MMORPGs like WoW for example. In doing so, they got rid of certain things and streamlined others and lost some of the features that made it unique.

MindArk is guilty of having done this as well and they are continuing this into UE5. It's easy to see that the UI they are building and their primary concept for the game going forward aligns more readily with mainstream games. This means that certain things about Entropia which are unique will be lost, gameplay will be streamlined and more similar to most other games; if the transition to CE2 is any guide, Entropia will become more bland and tasteless in the process, yet again.

The problem I think is this idea of seeing what's popular out there and wanting to copy it so as to become popular as well. But for a game player, why would I want to play the copycat game if I can just go play the original, and that leads me to the comments in the conclusion of the video above:

2. "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" and "Stick to your roots"

I think there is a tendency for everyone to want to grow the game, especially when we see other lesser games becoming so popular almost overnight. But also, it's easy to make the mistake to think that if the game isn't growing, there must be something wrong with it and having a desire to change it. MindArk is guuilty of this, they have tried and tried again and again to reinvent Entropia. With graphics, with a mobile game like Compet, with Planet Partners, etc...

The thing is, when they do this, they get lost and abandon their roots completely. They don't remember where the concept came from after a while and it just becomes another MMO like so many out there already.

I think this thread and so many other comments in other threads basically comes down to this: a lot of the community wants MindArk to bring the old Entropia back or at least not abandon all of the early concepts wich Project Entropia was rooted in which made it so unique and so awesome at the time, and hopefully just build on those concepts, instead of trying to be like other games.

I've been wondering about how many active players an environment actually needs to be able to sustain itself, and whether some pps would be below the threshold on their own, but can get by as part of a larger system. Would an old version server be totally separated?

Also, would I spend peds on a wiped restart of EU from any particular ancient vu and permission to have a new avatar there?

My answer is yes. I would transfer peds/ deposit to a newly started old version server, but would that world stay frozen or start many vus before the system change to Cryengine and be allowed to progress in terms of content? Would the pathway/timeline of new stuff stay the same or be different?

What would the operational costs be to MA, and would they give any guarantees for the longevity of any such 'paralleled and time slide' universes?

Back