Question: On "pushing" auctions and "Buy Backs"

Thark

Stalker
Society
The Prodigy
Shawn Thark Columbo
Hey,

I know on ebay it's illegal to push auctions. Pushing an auction means that you have someone bid on things with the whole goal being to push the price up with no intend of actually buying the item in question, often using a friend or family member. With "buy back" I mean that you have someone buy the item because you don't like the price it was going for.

So, is that acceptable in EU? In EU we have the added "problem" of auction history, which would then reflect the wrong prices of items.
I know MA couldn't really enforce this and I'm not asking them to. I can watch out for that on my own. But I just wanna know what you think about that.

I don't like it and I think it's harmful and I have written down several names that I suspect doing that (I have lot's of notes for this game xD). Am I weird for doing that? Please lemme know what you think.

Regards
Thark

I know that MA ones stated that manipulating market history is not allowed and you may get banned for doing it.

So buying extrem overpriced Bo re-auction it and buy back at again extrem overpriced buyout should be tracked by MA and some steps taken, what will lead to a ban.

I don´t know about the buy back pushing auction think. Really hard to track this.

Did something like that some days ago, when I accidently auction a BP I looted in crafting what did still miss in my books.
I asked a friend to buy it and return it to me, paying the price he paid for it to him.
Got it back and now it is in the book where it should have been imediately after drop. That slightly increased its value in history, but not serious overpriced. Only few PED above the last ones sold at auction.

Another thing is money transfers done by auction, money transfer could seriously impact price history of auctioned items.
We need a real bank ingame, with real accounts, to make it possible to do bank transfers from one players account to other players acount. This would make money transfers through auction obsolete. Beside that the ingame bank could charge a small fee for every moneytransfer, what would be an income for ingame banks beside that pawn shop thing :D

All these things you named can be considered manipulations (usually) and are forbidden.

Happens all the time and has done for years, manipulating up or down the price of whatever. Just look at market history on anything on auction and you can see it clearly, the peaks that look like the Alps are kinda obvious.

As for MA declaring it illegal etc; the same ava's and alts are still doing it so seems the announcement was a "paper tiger". If i notice it and many others have then surely Ma have also, i guess it's difficult to prove though if all the alts used are registered with mum, dad, the dog, canary etc.

Not good i know, but happens much to often.

Using the the graphs is definately a good source of information, as you can easy see the way to high markups paid.

Not every peak in the graph has to be a sale for pushing.
Only sale of big amount can influence average MU

Some people pay insane MU on tiny stacks of some stackables.
I am happy to be able to statisfy their need.
Those sales barely influence the MU

Of course market manipulation should result in a ban

I know someone who starts with a Z but used to start with an L who got caught doing it with terra amps and terra amp bps and we have proof but ma did nothing.

Sadly you know this person I speak of.. thark.

I take a look in the auction today.

Example is Meckel & Loch - 45.

There have been 3 recent sales. 2 of them being tier 1's of which one was sold through this forum and one being a tier 3. All sold for +3,4 - 3,5k. the tier 3 being sold on auction through bidwar...

I am not sure that all resellers like this, because today i see 2 x ML-45 being tracked as sold for 6-7k in markup after several days without a single sale, and multiple up for sale at that price grab in shops and auction all these days. Sure one of them is a tier 4. but who pays 2 - 2.5 k for a ML being a tier 4 instead of 3... its only in the high tiers people are prepared to pay that. i think it screams manipulation

So it happens, and especially since EU is bound to real money...

Back