Orion has launched

Status
Big question is how it will handle radiation and re-entry?

regarding moonbase, would be simpler and cheaper to have a huge spacestation for future deep space launches....

All they need is a 3D printer on the moon and print all their rockets there. <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
They could buy a warp drive in EU auction :)

Let's hope it gets back okay. A failure would set back things quite a lot, would imagine.

An actual manned mission beyond low-Earth orbit is well overdue. Personally, I'm curious to know what technology Orion has to counter radiation.

orion successfully landed ! :)

I could be wrong but i believe the main reason they have not built a moon base yet, is cause of radiation, cost of resupply, lack of ability to make own stuff.

But at least they have put the first 3d printer on the iss, so maybe not too long ;)

PS i was also under the impression that the reason the ISS is not completely out of the earths atmosphere was again costs of shipping to that height.

I reserve the right to be wrong lol.

Fingers crossed a moon base happens (or at least starts) in my life time. 40 ish years to go

Rgds

Ace

First NASA splashdown since 1975's Apollo-Soyuz Test Mission. I'm certain that SpaceX and Dragon are glad for an what is essentially an upstart in the new space race.

SpaceX plans to colonize Mars which is far away from Moon and they already have a spacecraft for this flight which NASA can use, so it would be cheaper to use the already existing spacecraft Crew Dragon for the Artemis mission.

Does a 6 year necro unlock ethereal soul language?

I was worried for a moment....

Status
Back