Overkill and loot composition

Leent

Old
Society
Guardians of Evolution
Joy Leent Wellborn
Hello.

As title says, my question is about how overkill affects loot composition?

A bit offtop:

Currently im thinking about using low att/min weapon, so i want to undestand how should i choose hunting target based on the weapon.

I assume that i can take average dmg per use of the weapon and compare with target mob's health.

For example if i have a weapon that deal 50-100 dmg, averaging 75 per use (wanna keep things example, assuming no crits, and uniform dmg distribution), a mob with 150/300 hp should be ideal to hunt, since ratio between hp and dmg/use is close to an integer.
Is that a correct way of thinking?

*EDIT* If there are any thread's dedicated to that topic, i would be happy if anybody can share a link with me. Probably i didnt search good enough, but i couldnt find any.
Thank you :)

Last edited:
You get more shrapnel if you overkill. Thats pretty much it, lower cost = less shrapnel.

Currently im thinking about using low att/min weapon
There is the addition element of regen if you only kill a mob slowly, as it's like overkill as well.
It ends up being more complicated when you look at the average number of shots you'd need too. If you manage a crit on a low number of shots, you may get a much better loot quality on that mob, but much poorer on another if you fire several shots below average at it and need an extra one or two.
Probably something of an art form that some have mastered - I haven't ;)
...and some mu loot appears to think of itself in very poor terms... and loots on poor quality kills quite happily...

Overkill lowers your damage per pec (dpp) as you're paying the full price of an attack to inflict less damage to the mob.

Choose a weapon go out and shoot unless you overkilling for way too much you should not worry about it much if you want to use rifle for example wich in most cases slow but big damage compared to similar pistol ,choose whatever suits your play style don't bother about overkill much.

As title says, my question is about how overkill affects loot composition?
damage per pec affects loot composition. That is tied to the weapon itself. Overkill doesn't.

Back