PCF Forum Migration Complete

Site Admin
Admin
The migration of PlanetCalypsoForum to the new server and software platform is complete.

The migration took several hours longer than expected, so thanks for you patience during the extended downtime.
The good news is that all data and content was migrated successfully, and no significant issues or errors were encountered during the process.

There are still lots of new options, features, and settings that have not been fully configured or implement yet. This will be done over the next several days, so please be patient.

Note that there are forum theme layout options available in the site footer, including a dark theme:
index.php

Please use this thread to report any oddities, missing content, or bugs. I will be working to get those issued corrected as soon as possible.

A summary of known and resolved issues will be updated in the second post of this thread. Please review that post before reporting an issue that may have already been reported.

Last edited:
KNOWN ISSUES
  • Signatures that included images stored in member albums are displaying broken image links. Please re-upload your signature image(s) on the Edit Signature page.
  • Reputation scores are not currently displayed. No data has been lost, but it needs to be determined how best to incorporate the old reputation scores into the new default forum reaction and trophy systems.
  • Dev Posts link missing. (Partially fixed)
  • Calypso time in footer missing.

RESOLVED ISSUES
  • Forum Rules and Privacy Policy not yet updated. (RESOLVED)
  • Old Smilies missing. (RESOLVED)
  • HTTPS is supported, but not currently forced. (RESOLVED)
  • Some users are getting security certificate browser warnings when first visiting the new site. (RESOLVED - Domain certificates have now been validated)
  • Private forums not displaying for members who should have access to them. (RESOLVED)
  • Favicon missing. (RESOLVED)
  • Gallery "Copy Link" generated links using http instead of https. (RESOLVED)
  • Profile fields missing from member post info area (Avatar Name, Society, Join Date, etc.). (RESOLVED)
  • Account badges are missing (Moderator, Admin, etc.). (RESOLVED)
  • Gallery data not yet imported from old gallery add-on. (RESOLVED)
  • Data not yet imported from member albums. (RESOLVED)
  • Thread prefixes not styled. (RESOLVED)

Last edited:
We lost all reputation in the process? I'm back to marauder but was entropia master before.

It seems we always lose stuff on forum updates...

We lost all reputation in the process? I'm back to marauder but was entropia master before.

Member reputation scores have not been lost, they just are not implemented or displayed currently. The score you are seeing is the new thread/post Reactions count.

I still need to determine best way to integrate scores from the old reputation system with the new default reaction and trophy systems included with XenForo.

Member reputation scores have not been lost, they just are not implemented or displayed currently.
I still need to determine best way to integrate scores from the old reputation system with the new default reaction and trophy systems included with XenForo.

XenForo has a wide range of plugins, there's probably one similar to our old rep system I bet.

Thanks, the forum seems to perform well.

Seems we a lot of people cannot access it still. Waiting for new DNS I suppose.

DNS was updated only about 20 minutes ago, so it will take some time for the changes to propagate.
Running the following command from the command prompt in Windows may help nudge one's ISP to get the new DNS info:

Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

DNS was updated only about 20 minutes ago, so it will take some time for the changes to propagate.
Running the following command from the command prompt in Windows may help nudge one's ISP to get the new DNS info:

Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

Yeah, I've already told the Discord etc this, so hopefully should help. I'm sure people can wait a bit longer! (well...maybe)

A kind of reputation is still there is the form of highest reaction score, but it seems recalculated, as the old top was Mega, Oleg, JohnCapital and me, and now it's Mega, JohnCapital, Oleg, and I've crashed a dozen positions below :D

Please do not worry about the reputation system for the moment.

Nothing has been lost - All of the old reputation scores are safely stored in the database, as explained in the second post of this thread.

The ranking you see is NOT based on the old reputation scores, but rather on the new Reactions point system (which is roughly based on the number of reactions your content has received in the past, but does not correspond directly to the old reputation rankings).

Also forgot to say 711, gratz on the smooth transition. Migrations are not easy and the fact we have pretty much everything is a miracle.

Fix that certificate,,,really fast...
Login was not smooth at all, would not accept my password and after I send a request for resetting it I was logged in..strange.
The rest...one will have to get used to it, but somehow the structure does not seem to fit...got the feeling some posts (aka rants) where lost

Forum response is fast.

But, where are all my uploaded images please?

Seems very smooth for me , nicely done.

Good to see forum hasn't imploded. The reaction system should be renamed zoomer system. R.I.P nostalgic emotes from the past...

Lol nvm there's some emotes from past but seems not all working?
:birthday::bomb::scared::smash::bowdown::boxer::cheer::clap::deal::bs::broke::computer::cowboy::cussing::duh::drink::guide::dance::launcher::baby::tprun::dunno::spam::popcorn::eureka::bandit::grouphug::hammer::hug::handjob::handgun::evilking::kos::king::inbed::lam::headbang::lift::vampire::loco::makelove::nana::nurse::newbie::naughty::nurse::o::tongue3::painter::poke::rofl::saint::scratch::argue::silly::banghead::sniper::tapfinger:trout::tiphat::thumbup::twocents::umn::wave::kiss::whisper::whip::angel::banana::zzz::drool::sweat::tele::revive::locked::bull::tower::acid::woohoo::pic::grumble::nutkick::flip::ninja::better::money::swoon::tongue4::dodge::topic::shower::tux::proof::holyshit::pimp::tp::rocket::offtopic::whiner::xmas::xbiggrin::xconfused::xredface::xmad::xfrown::xeek::xrolleyes::bump::dj::xsmile::xwink::xtongue:

Looks awesome at a glance, but please update the logo too

I dont want to think about doing any large migrations. I do that enough at work.

yay dark mode, so much easier on my eyes.

Testing! :bump: :bump: :bump:

Ok, bump works, all is good :beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back