PCF Forum Migration Complete

tirioll

Hatchling
Tiri tirioll Lolo
In the old forum, it was possible to create a filter for "New posts", so I could hide all trade threads for example. Is it possible now?

Sorry if this was mentioned somewhere, I could not find the info.

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Guess Who
George Ace Skywalker
Have groups now disappeared? I can't seem to find the groups I was a member of

Killahbee

Marauder
Society
Silly Underground Family
Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
MindArk posts when?
Gallery?

safara

Mutated
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Angel Spike Sunny
Will add it here - Cant make a new post in Private Forum

Killahbee

Marauder
Society
Silly Underground Family
MindArk posts when?
Gallery?

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
MindArk posts when?
index.php

Killahbee

Marauder
Society
Silly Underground Family

That filters threads with MindArk Posts, not actual posts. They should filtering out posts by xxxxx | Mindark like they used to.

You have to scroll to pages of crap to get to the actual MA post now

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
That filters threads with MindArk Posts, not actual posts. They should filtering out posts by xxxxx | Mindark like they used to.

You have to scroll to pages of crap to get to the actual MA post now
Not quite clear what you mean by "posts but not actual posts". Perhaps threads started by officials? I believe these are usually in forum sections where us mortals cannot start threads. I sometimes look up stuff in the dev's corner.

I tried once in the advanced search, using a wildcard in the posted-by field but it didn't work. Either it's not implemented or the syntax is different and not documented here. I haven't studied all the XenForo docs, though, didn't have a need for it. Did we have this feature before?

Killahbee

Marauder
Society
Silly Underground Family
Not quite clear what you mean by "posts but not actual posts". Perhaps threads started by officials? I believe these are usually in forum sections where us mortals cannot start threads. I sometimes look up stuff in the dev's corner.

I tried once in the advanced search, using a wildcard in the posted-by field but it didn't work. Either it's not implemented or the syntax is different and not documented here. I haven't studied all the XenForo docs, though, didn't have a need for it. Did we have this feature before?

I mean, list all the posts by these people:

We had this feature before, it would show just the latest MA posts (like the normal search option). I know I could use search by member and insert:
Adrian|MindArk, Charlie|MindArk, David|MindArk, Dennis|MindArk, Henrik|MindArk, James|MindArk, Jonas|MindArk, Justin|MindArk, Kaj|MindArk, Ludvig|MindArk, Marlie|MindArk, My|MindArk, Support|MindArk

This creates the following link which is exactly what the function SHOULD do:

This wont add new staff members tho, the old function searched for any username containing "Mindark" i think.

We can't search like that with the new forum can we?

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
Now I remember, yes we could. Now we can't or don't know how. Tried various patterns for wildcard search (*, ?, %) in the user field but none are accepted. It only suggests users matching exactly what you start typing from the left.

Site Admin
Admin
Unfortunately the new forum software does not support searching for posts by individual usergroups, nor does it support pre-populating a search query with specific users.

The current "MindArk posts" link shows threads where MindArk officials have posted, but of course this is not as convenient as linking to the actual posts.

I have contacted several XenForo add-on developers to create a custom add-on to provide this functionality, but have not had any success yet. I hope to get the old functionality restored at some point.