PE News in media [Local]

Marco|SDS

Prowler
PE was today featured in a one page article in the Swedish newspaper "GT", on page six. The headline is "Sweden's greatest online game is made here"

You also get a view of the MA offices. =)

Me and the gaming industry thinks BF2 is the greatest swedish online game with what?7millions copies sold?

Gotta read the GT article though

What info did you give GT that gives you the title as the No.1 online game?The actual amount of PE players or the amount of accounts?

Edit:Searched for the article online and found 0results so far

Edit no.2: Come on Marco,you have been silent for weeks almost.Please explain what makes PE no.1 online game from sweden

Last edited:
Can we get a translation and/or link please? Would be good to read it.

I think PE needs more media attention. We are desperate need of more new players so the price of sweat goes down :p

lol Jove...

ye translation and link wud be nice Marco

Is that info available in English ?

AJack10600 said:

Since the article doesnt seem to exist online I guess not.GT is a pretty shitty newspaper in my opinion

Knuckles said:
Since the article doesnt seem to exist online I guess not.GT is a pretty shitty newspaper in my opinion
GT is Expressen (expressen.se gt.se) but for Gothenburg.

Knuckles said:
Me and the gaming industry thinks BF2 is the greatest swedish online game with what?7millions copies sold?

Gotta read the GT article though

What info did you give GT that gives you the title as the No.1 online game?The actual amount of PE players or the amount of accounts?

Edit:Searched for the article online and found 0results so far

Edit no.2: Come on Marco,you have been silent for weeks almost.Please explain what makes PE no.1 online game from sweden

Knuckles said:

Why all this flaming Knuckles? I don't think they counted the numbers of account or the numbers of active players or any of such number stats.

Thinking a game is best or not is an opinion, me myself finds PE the most enjoyable game to play, maybe I can say it is the best too since at my grades enjoy is the most important ingredient for a game. PE is a game that fits me, if it don't fits you that totally okey, it's up to you to decide whether it's the best or not. But you can't just flame opinions that GT ( Göterborgs Tidningen *I guees that is what GT stans for :)* ) has nor others.

And yes the article might me a bit MA-positive since they are both in the working in the same city -Göteborg/Gothenborg.

Malvakten said:
Why all this flaming Knuckles? I don't think they counted the numbers of account or the numbers of active players or any of such number stats.

Thinking a game is best or not is an opinion, me myself finds PE the most enjoyable game to play, maybe I can say it is the best too since at my grades enjoy is the most important ingredient for a game. PE is a game that fits me, if it don't fits you that totally okey, it's up to you to decide whether it's the best or not. But you can't just flame opinions that GT ( Göterborgs Tidningen *I guees that is what GT stans for :)* ) has nor others.

And yes the article might me a bit MA-positive since they are both in the working in the same city -Göteborg/Gothenborg.

Its not flaming,its fact.I get offended by the statement that PE is swedens No.1 online game when DICE has won tons of awards and got millions of players and is worldwide known. Its like comparing comparing a Ferrari to a Kia and declare the Kia as the best racer

AJack10600 said:

No, but there is a translation in Zulu on the net

Okey no flaiming then but you can only with an opinion decide whether something is best or not. For the exampel of Ferrari and Kia the less rich or even poor might say Kia is best due it's cheaper costs and less cost to drive tho yes I all would say Ferrari is the better car with no costs included.

But does it always have to be fact? If we say I choose McDonalds instead of another fast food company do I really have to come with facts? Can't I just say I like it better ( just an example, doesn't really prefer McDonalds :D ).

They also maybe only counts mmorpg as online games wich also makes PE the only mmorpg game made in sweden ( or that is just what I think, never heard of another sweden-made mmorpg ).

I would just like to say that we should be happy that MA got such attention instead of demanding facts from Marco who didn't write the article and therefore can't answer you question. You could try to give the writer a call since he's the only one who can answer it since it is his opinions.

Since I also think that PE is the best swedish online game I thought I might come with some "facts":

PE is the most challangeing game; I love challanges and PE could be a challange in many ways, be the most skilled, be the richest, be the most famous or just make it go all around without deposit :)

The neverending development; Your charachter has no max limit to reach. As for an example wow you can reach max level in 4-6days depending on class. ( Haven't done that myself but I know it's possible since others had)

The community; The community is the greatest among mmorpg-games I think ( have been playing wow, eve, ao, ps and others ). Do I have to say anymore why it is? If so the list would be long ;)

PE is alot of fun; PE is the game wich I think is the most enjoyable game, even tho the most of the ingame doings is quite stiff, you just click. No special abilities or such that can make it all more flexible. But this clicking is just that fun, just can't say why :) especially with some nice mates.

:wise: facts and facts only :tongue2:

Just my four opinions why I love PE

Last edited:
I would want to email the writer,but I cant buy a copy of GT unless I live in gotherburg and the article aint pbulished online so I cant question that either. Boasting "we got a article in a newspaper" without giving a link or scanning the pages and publish them here makes me question the professionalism

Oh,about the Ferrari vs Kia thing.I was referring to stats on the car,like horsepower and acceleration to decide what the best racer would be

Pe has a very low amount of daily players compared to for instance BF2 that probably has 1million daily players or atleast 500k+

This is getting funny :D Well I presume Marco was in a little rush there ... ;)

As to the No1 thing ... well it's probably Journalism as we all know it. I'm sure you can find a ranking that will make PE the No1 game in Sweden... does it matter ? I'd rather it's No1 and gets more players so possibly there's more money influx and less "no loot" :D

AJack10600 said:
This is getting funny :D Well I presume Marco was in a little rush there ... ;)

As to the No1 thing ... well it's probably Journalism as we all know it. I'm sure you can find a ranking that will make PE the No1 game in Sweden... does it matter ? I'd rather it's No1 and gets more players so possibly there's more money influx and less "no loot" :D

I'm with you AJack :cool:

Knuckles, you cant compare those 2 games, BF2 is a shoot'em'up FPS where only like 32 or 64 players can be online simultanously on each server/map, PE is one big map where thousands of players can be online simultanously, i guess the journalist meant mmorpg when he said online game.

Last edited:
Can someone who has the GT paper scan it and post the pic or translate the article plz :D

Malvakten said:
Why all this flaming Knuckles?

:laugh: .....as Marco presses the "No HoF`s/Globals for 1 year" button!!!!! :laugh:

I wonder who changed Knuckles rank to PartyPooper?

Calm down, Knuckles... :rolleyes:

If you ask me, PE is better than BF2 also, and currently I don't play either anymore. :silly2:
But also it's sort of retarded to compare them anyways.

But that's all meaningless to argue about anyways.

I want some scans and translations! :D

Gratz MindArk! :cool:

LOL....for those that think their loot will get better because of a news article, or more players. If you dont like the loot, then maybe you're kidding yourself when you say it's numero uno. More people will mean only MA's loot is going to get better...not yours ! Ha Ha Ha :D

That said.....I enjoy PE, but in no way thinks it the best. But the loot is not my reason behind my opinion....and it is just an opinion. I'd like to see some kind of graphics engine upgrade. While Entropia is a beautiful place, there could be some improvement.

One of the best things I like about PE is the combat system. You have to actively participate in the fight....or you die. Most, if not all other MMORPGs I've played ....once you initiate combat...you could just walk away from keyboard and outcome would be the same.

Az

Yay,partypooper rank.I actually was gonna buy that myself but thanks for the free rank change :D

I am still waiting for a online version of the article since..I still dont understand why boasting about a article when only a handful PE players has the opportunity to buy GT

Mice said:
Can someone who has the GT paper scan it and post the pic or translate the article plz :D

Here you go...

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

EDIT:

hmmm.... seems like EF shrinks my picture... a little to small to read.... :(

EDIT2:

a new version...

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

/edit by mindbuster

High-res version of the article available here...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/images/pe-gt-article.jpg
(1.3mb)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics!

Hmmmm..looks like Marco picked up some weight over his holiday, huh?....:D

Wait! I was just joking Marco!...please take your finger away from the "No HoFs/Globals for you!" button.

Thanks for the picture scan... I would not want to ask to translate it all but maybe someone can summarise the most important points for us stupid not swedish speakers ? Thx ;)

Knuckles said:
Yay,partypooper rank.I actually was gonna buy that myself but thanks for the free rank change :D

I think ShitHead would have been more appropriate but, whatever.

Gratz on the article Marco. Here's to continued success! :beerchug:

DD
:evilking:

Thx Chaoz for posting...

Now, some1 get their arses on it and translate into English pls :laugh:

HOLY MOLY!!!! Check out that kickass artist rendition of that Corney!!!!

I WANT I WANT!!!!!! :eek:

Back