Pet afraid to go there? and building trust?

goldpython

Snap and Wrap
Society
~ Church of Lootius ~
Goldpython GP Constrictus
I tamed my first pet yesterday and had a couple questions:

Once tamed in the fields East of Argus, I walked with it to the stable. I couldn't get it stabled because it wouldn't go close enough to the stablemaster (or whatever the person standing there is called) for the "Stable" command to work. I kept getting a "Your pet is afraid to go there" message when I tried to get her (a snable young female) to go over there. Any idea what that's about? She wouldn't go toward the fort either? Are they afraid of the turrets and people initially?

So, since I couldn't stable her, I had to log out and leave her there by the fence. When I relogged, she was stabled but now with no trust. I got her out and restabled her ok. I still get the "afraid..." messages, but she pops up right there, so it's not a problem to restable her. I don't have a brush. Is there any other way to build trust?

Lastly, is training just a matter of asking it to perform commands? Kind of like crafting, just standing there clicking away at it?

Thanks,
gp

afaik, brushing is the only way to build trust. a pet with no trust will not recieve much if any experience so if you want it to lvl up you should get some trust on it. and yep, click that greet to level her up. it's the cheapest way in energy to train it.

edit: forgot, it's afraid of turrets. but you should atleast be able to take it to the stablekeeper, i sugest you file a supportcase.

Once I had the same problem.
Someone gave me advise to get your pet to the stable doors and walk to the keeper.
The pet doesn't have to be close to the keeper, but to the stable.

after I done that, it goed nice into the stable.

greetings,

bigdeal

I do my training at Argus at the moment...the mobs I want are close by, so less time to get them back to the stables and I've had the same problems with pets being afraid. If you try and take them around the outside of the fence they get too close to the turret and settlement so they get afraid and refuse to go. The trick is to take them through the gap in the fence on the south side, then through the inside of the stable compound to get it close enough to the stable-keeper to be able to stable it successfully.

Anyone know where there are some snable bigger than dominant that I can go train?

Prodiq said:
afaik, brushing is the only way to build trust.

But arent brushes rare? and cost alot with only limited use? I saw one in a shop for alot and it couldent be repaired so no unlimited use.
Or are there other brushes that can be repaired? And nothng esle for sure builds up trust inthe pet?

There are no unlimited brushes, and nothing else for sure builds trust in pets...yes, it is as annoying to the rest of us, and yes I hope that changes:)

There are indeed some stables that are too close to the turret. MA is aware of it and as far as Iknow has yet to fix it.

Taming pet inside an outpost

I figured out how to get an exar (or three, since I kill some when taming, lol) into Fort Argus. And then I tamed it. I thought that if you tamed one in the city it would not be afraid. But mind arc decided to mess with me and my poor pet was afraid to move anywhere. I managed with great difficulty to get it to move along the wall but then it got stuck in a corner. So I skilled it up and named it "SOMEBODY GET ME OUT OF HERE". The miracle did happen. It was autostabled and with no loss of trust or level. So now after my rather boring taming tale, I must ask, how can we get these darn mob to go into cities or other interesting places?

Simple answer:
You cannot bring them into cities anymore. It was possible in the beginning of taming, also pets did not autostable so often/not at all.

The result was, that you had a ton of advertising pets in every city, which results in slow down for the servers and clients, and people used them to block ways to trade centers or teleports etc.

In the end they were annyong to a lot players, so MA decided to add the "too afraid to go there" rule.

If you see pets in cities, then either someone found a leak in the city, or, more likely, brought a "wild" pet into the city and tamed it there.

Back