Petition To Increase The Friend List Size

Should MA Increase The Friend List Size?

• Total voters

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
Ok, 80 people is not anywhere close to enough people. If we're expected to socialize with people / conduct business / participate in a soc..etc how can 80 be enough?

Am I the only one that filled that puny list in the first week of playing? It really didn't take long with adding actual friends, soc mates and business contacts.

I propose we make a petition to increase the size since mass support from the community seems to get results that individual suggestions... seriously it would take all of 15 seconds to do (and I think we can spare 15 seconds in the next VU don't you).

So if you'd like it increased vote yes!

Thanks!

you DO know that marco has given a reason for not increasing this right now? (server lag will increase plenty)

besides, why do you think they are partnering with xfire*? :rolleyes:

*I dont use xfire... and I never will :D

Last edited:
Yes pls :)
Xfire? lol i dont thouch it :cool:

I would vote "perhaps" because I never had that much friends in any mmo's nor in IM. And with that number you can have problems like who's who. :scratch2:
Btw as I know the friendlist is this "short" to prevent the server side lag and perhaps Marco stated somewhere not too long ago that MA won't change it.

partnering with xfire will not solve this, since many ppl refuse to use xfire... :rolleyes:

having another society member list would be helpful as proposed before. but...

i'll sign this petition.

you DO know that marco has given a reason for not increasing this right now? (server lag will increase plenty)

besides, why do you think they are partnering with xfire? :rolleyes:

that's the biggest crock of crap... cause iunno do people not realize that more people come in the game like...um iunno every 5 minutes?? and those people have fl too...

I'm not saying we should remove the limit but at least 250 would be more reasonable.

WCS they store the fl's locally on your computer to remove server strain, big whoop

And with that number you can have problems like who's who. :scratch2:

easy solution, rename people and put a note on who they are... you don't need to know their full name ;)

partnering with xfire will not solve this, since many ppl refuse to use xfire... :rolleyes:

that's right, I shouldn't have to use a 3rd part program. the FL should be functional enough on it's own.

This is about the 8 billionth thread on this topic.

Marco sez: wait for Crytopia, noob.

This is about the 8 billionth thread on this topic.

Marco sez: wait for Crytopia, noob.

lol I don't know what's funnier the fact you think the cryengine is going to magically solve this issue or that you're calling me a noob when I've been around twice as long as you lol... thx for the comment :rolleyes:

btw I did a search and didn't see a petition anywhere.. you're welcome to post links though I want to show as many people supporting this as possible thanks. and if it really is the billionth thread don't you think that kinda proves my point that people want / need this?

Btw there is the Entropian IM too if Xfire disturbs you.
Also Marco stated that with CE2 the whole UI will change, including the society and messaging system. I would prefer to wait and see.

bad poll, can't find monkey

Btw there is the Entropian IM too if Xfire disturbs you.
Also Marco stated that with CE2 the whole UI will change, including the society and messaging system. I would prefer to wait and see.

yeah I was thinking I'm gonna have to go the entopians way... to bad not everyone uses it... and there inlies the problem with 3rd party programs like xfire and entropians... not everyone uses then nor wants to use them.

I didn't know that the messaging system was going to change in cryengine... hopefully for the better. I'm just hoping that doesn't mean prettier messaging system with no functionality improvements and no limit increase...

lol I don't know what's funnier the fact you think the cryengine is going to magically solve this issue or that you're calling me a noob when I've been around twice as long as you lol... thx for the comment :rolleyes:

btw I did a search and didn't see a petition anywhere.. you're welcome to post links though I want to show as many people supporting this as possible thanks. and if it really is the billionth thread don't you think that kinda proves my point that people want / need this?

I didn't call you noob, Marco did.

What's your agility again? :silly2:

Latest Crytopia Info from Marco https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...anscript-live-chat-session-marco-mindark.html

Threads about improvements/extension to friends list:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wishlist/106078-improving-friend-list.html
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wishlist/93738-friend-list.html
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wishlist/93738-friend-list.html
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wishlist/72487-more-friends-allowed-friend-list.html
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wishlist/35990-fl-chat-add-friend-again.html
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/27865-little-fyi-re-friend-list.html
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...sion/24290-more-friend-list-places-again.html
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/wishlist/2156-what-do-you-want-see-update-friend-list.html

Give us bigger game FL not another company to deal with......

I aint using X-fire an external company tracking my game playing feck that!! Plus they just ripped that guy who SHOULD have finished 3rd in the comp off, I mean seriously how hard would it be to say sorry here's your reward its only a virtual armour and set of clothes ffs........

Gamers Glossary §101:
Newbie - A new player in a game.
Noob - An older player that still sucks.

Taken from the webcomic CAD :D lol
and that's the true meanings of the words actually ;) (not saying that you are one :silly2:)

I aint using X-fire an external company tracking my game playing feck that!! Plus they just ripped that guy who SHOULD have finished 3rd in the comp off, I mean seriously how hard would it be to say sorry here's your reward its only a virtual armour and set of clothes ffs........

Yeah :D and they fscked my computer up ;) lol

I voted yes... Thinking about it... I would say that it would be nice to create "topics" or some other form of tabs or alike, that way you can create a list of friends, one for soc members, one for trading etc...

Perhaps this way MA can also find a way to reduce the lag problem they claim to have when people have larger friend lists.

Perhaps a good idear for MA is to have the "active" tab in the friend list checked for active people, and when you change to a different tab, that one will be checked against the database servers. That way the lag should be reduced somewhat I guess...?!!?!?!?!? :scratch2:

Just trying to get a solution that would be great for everyone... not only the players or MA...
Hope this could be a solution to this problem... Will try to send the idear to support...

(the funny part of this is that I myself don't use my FL that much, only having around 15 people on it I guess). (Lol... who want to be friends, so I can get my FL full...:laugh::D)

im in

i wana bigger FL list :yay::yay:

I voted yes... Thinking about it... I would say that it would be nice to create "topics" or some other form of tabs or alike, that way you can create a list of friends, one for soc members, one for trading etc...

yeah that would be great :)

voted omg yes

Without reading through the replies, reasons have already been given for not increasing the friends list. We all like the way EU runs nice and smoothly. Well it comes down to laggggg which we all hate now don't we.

How about adding a small notice that shows what place they are on? Would be easier knowing what people to write to when trying to fix teamhunts, especially with the new planets coming ;)

Just give every planet/spacestation/asteroid/whatever a shortform of 1-3 letters :D

Example:

Friendlist:
C - Random Soc Guy
C - Random 101 Mate
CP - Some Guy Player
CK - Guy Guy Girl
C - Mate Thingy Yes
CND - Lol Laugher Guy

Explaination:
C = Calypso
CP = CP
CND = CND
CK = Creative Kingdom Planet

Else it might be something like:
-"Hey wanna hunt?" "sry, on CND"
-"Hey wanna hunt?" "Sry, CND"
-"Hey wanna hunt.....?" "sry, cp"
-"Hey. Do. You. Want. To. Hunt?" "Sry, away exploring new planets!"
-"DO YOU WANT TEAMHUNT DAMMIT?" "eh.... sure I guess? You're also on CP?" "oh god dammit!"

;)

(btw, admit that I own at making random names up ;) lol)

ahh well I misunderstood the noob comment..

as for these threads you repeated a couple and many don't have the subject of increasing friends in the main thread and I'm not gonna read through to whole thread to see one little blurb about it ;)

looks there is is one from 2 years ago that has a poll :eek: which is insane... 2 years and nothing done... that's just sad... but then again it's going on 2 years for the cash cards too... so I guess I shouldn't be surprised lol. Thanks for posting those links though, you're helping our plight ;)

Without reading through the replies, reasons have already been given for not increasing the friends list. We all like the way EU runs nice and smoothly. Well it comes down to laggggg which we all hate now don't we.

pffft this lag stuff is BS... seriously that's what MA says to keep people quiet cause it works so much better than saying "just cause we don't wanna" I remember they tried to use LAG as the reason for the 2 pec decay on armor / clothes... and I didn't notice a difference at all... people still change stuff just as much as ever cept now we're paying for it... hell they even reduced the fee and I didn't see the supposed lag they were talking about..

Common people... read between the lines. If these little things would affect the lag as bad as MA pretends it would the game would have colapsed under it's own wieight by now with the thousands of new players each month. Don't be neive! Besides you know waht fixes lag? 2 things a fatter pipeline for bandwidth and more servers... simple as that. And I'm pretty sure with the millions they're making they can afford both.

Honestly you people beleive a few extra lines of text in the FL are gonna cause the game to grind to a halt? Don't be stupid. (and if it does sorry MA but you have the shittiest programmers in the world working for you) If text can mess up lag that bad OMG wtf is gonna happen when all the fancy graphics from the cry engine arrive?!?!?

Please anyone that programs and knows anything about how the internet and servers work please back me up here!

Last edited:
I guess what I have read somewhere that the friends on your list are checked every so often against databases... just to look if they are online or not... So I guess that there could be some form of lag in there, just depends if they are checked very often... just decrease that timer and things should work... (otherwise what are they planning to do... charge us by friends in our friend list???...)
OMG I just gave them a damn good idear! :yay::D:rolleyes::laugh::ahh:

Even though we have cryed for this a long time now and there are a plenty of other threads on the same subeject. I voted...

:wtg: OMG YES!!!! :wtg:

Hell YES !!!!

for those xfire fans: xfire sucks, don´t like it, never will install it again!

I want bigger FL ingame nothing else !!!

i've have had same idea...and i think most of older entropians had the same :)

Back