Petition to lock down: ALL AMMO SPENT!

How to handle "all ammo spent during event as first prize"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sounds like the folks who answered this support case should have to create host and participate in a few events to see how the system actually works...I just hate canned responses to support cases...instead of someone actually taking the time to read and accurately respond to the problem.

I do imagine that support gets hundreds of trivial cases a day though which would make it more difficult to respond to a legitimate one like this.

hmm.. I don't see it Jimmy,
What does an accumulate ammo event at Zychion have to do with creatures?

Exactly - nothing.

However, the support case mentions "All the rules in the event system that concerns loot" and your post after it mentions "I'm not sure exactly what this means concerning the accumulated loot option with the events".

Both refer to loot, presumably the accumulated loot option.

So it seems to me that in the support case their was some confusion as to whether you were referring to 'accumulated loot' rule or 'all ammo fired' rule. If MA thought you were speaking of the accumulated loot rule, their response makes perfect sense. If you were actually speaking about the 'all ammo fired' rule though, they didn't answer your question.

Ok I went in and checked this out....
What it says is "Accumulated Ammo". The way I understand this it means all ammo recieved as loot, ergo, no loot = no ammo = no prize.

The radio button for accumulated loot seems to reinforce this.

So if I held a hunt in an area with lots of mobs and set the prize to accumulated ammo, all ammo recieved as loot by all participants would go into the prize pool and be awarded to the winner. If I also set it for Most PVP points wins, then obviously the winner would be determined by the most pvp kills during the event.

No offense intended to the OP, I'm very curious about this as well and would very much like to know if there is in fact a bug with the event system....

Blackjack :cowboy:

What it says is "Accumulated Ammo". The way I understand this it means all ammo recieved as loot, ergo, no loot = no ammo = no prize.

So if I held a hunt in an area with lots of mobs and set the prize to accumulated ammo, all ammo recieved as loot by all participants would go into the prize pool and be awarded to the winner. If I also set it for Most PVP points wins, then obviously the winner would be determined by the most pvp kills during the event.

No offense intended to the OP, I'm very curious about this as well and would very much like to know if there is in fact a bug with the event system....

This makes sense, but if true, MA needs to disable the radio button in non-mob event areas to avoid confusion.
I'll wait and see if the support dept. returns an intelligent answer to my case after the holidays.

nope, as i said, when you enable "all ammo spent during event to first prize" the possibility to loot mob is DISABLED. Mob is still there, you can still shoot it, but you cannot loot it. In my pvp event not one single mob has been shot or looted and still we had about 4ped ammo as first prize. Events are about event-points, and theres only 1 of 2 ways active to get those points, pvp-points OR loot-points. No this cannot be the reason...

nope, as i said, when you enable "all ammo spent during event to first prize" the possibility to loot mob is DISABLED. Mob is still there, you can still shoot it, but you cannot loot it. In my pvp event not one single mob has been shot or looted and still we had about 4ped ammo as first prize. Events are about event-points, and theres only 1 of 2 ways active to get those points, pvp-points OR loot-points. No this cannot be the reason...

Thanks Parlog your right!
I checked it as well, seems MA has some new bugs to fix:rolleyes:
I'll send a reminder to support to let them know their explanation needs some revising :laugh:

day before yesterday i wondered if it is possible to mine during a pvp event...

last 24 hours before i write the support case, last chance to subscribe this petition! -BUMP!

Support Case sent!

Dear Support Team,

i would like to inform you, that the event option "Add all ammo spent during event" in the event organizers and landmarkers leads to very dissapointing results. In a pvp-event i hosted in early decembre approx. only 10% of the ammo spent during the event was given out to the winner and the participants traced it back to the fact, that probably only hits on participants count as "ammo spent during the event". I wrote on EF.com about it and some days later i received an answer that during another pvp-event with these event options at the event area in Zychion Citadel in mid-novembre no ammo at all was added to the prize. This encouraged me to start a foum-poll and a petition, that you at least disable this event option until it is fixed or respectively to change the text of the event description so that it clearly shows what we can expect to be added to the prize.
Here is the link to the petition on EF.com, please fix that:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...137692-petition-lock-down-all-ammo-spent.html

Regards Parlog

------
answer pending
------

thank you for not forgetting to fill the support case about this bug ! :)

answer from MA:

09 Jan 2009 Entropia-Support:
Dear Parlog,

Thank you for your report. Our design team have been informed of your event results and the petition you have made.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

:zzz::whistle:

Back