Planet Owners !!!

Would you be ok with planet owners playing if they followed these rules?

• Yes

Votes: 31 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 101 76.5%

• Total voters
Because for a summer I was able to play and communicate with the the developers of the game I was playing on a daily basis. This gave me hope for the future and enjoyment in the present. This is something none of you on Calypso want to understand, even though I have heard complaints on the "calypso" forum (EF) ever since I started stating that the game would be better if the Developers were forced to play their own buggy game sometimes to understand where the players were coming from.

Well articulated, narfi... still disagree, but I see the point that first hand experience is WAY better for developers than using a god gun or unlimited ped card... the emotional experience of the game can't be replicated on a test server with nothing at stake.

I'm sure you see the potential for exploitation.

Can you (or anyone) see a system that would be a compromise?

Where's the thread here asking for neverdie's son to get banned? I haven't heard of this before you brought it up.

I think it was in the "why is this allowed" thread, too long to look through and double check though.

Something that hasn't been brought up in this issue (raised by Carlito, not MS9, or anyone else) and was never even mentioned and no one's even hinted at except for you.

Like I said, I am not going to turn a blind eye and pretend it didn't happen. Every time the thought of Planet partners playing is brought up the Inquisition will be there. Most of them are already here. You yourself even knew they where going to be here,

and I will not allow it to turn into a "Bash Neverdie" thread.

So I use ND as an example and all of a sudden I am the one making things personal? Well since I was "trolling for a fight" I had to get the thing about ND's son out.
Again it's not an issue I will turn a blind eye on. So far the best the Inquisition has done in answer to this issue is,

And for the record ... I never attacked ND's son, but rather contributed the fact that he has been playing EU since he was 6 years old (he is now 10), and the ToS clearly states that you must be 18 years of age, but can play as young as 13 with consent of a parent. I wasn't the only one who brought this up either, but you seem to like to always point the finger at me when I add facts to a discussion that can't be disputed ... a fact is a fact Corey.

So basically this says, four years after the fact I decided I had a problem with it. I didn't start in on his son but when other people did I jumped on board. Then classically try's to shift blame over to me to make it look like I am doing something wrong for singling out one member of the Inquisition. So now I'll just lump them all in together.

I am in the right to stand up for a kid who was mobbed by adults. The sad part is, no-one else did. I can not be the only person who believes in sticking up for someone who can not defend themselves.

Oh, and John, this is completely relevant to this thread because it demonstrates the mind set of certain people here.

Corey please stay on topic. This could be a reasonable discussion if you stopped dredging up irrelevant bs.

When I said I won't allow this to become a "bash ND" thread, I was hoping folks would get the hint that it wasn't allowed to bash others as well.

I've asked for civility publicly
I've asked for civility privately
Strike three. Y'er out!

Yes i would. because the loot system here is no different then a slot machine.

Actually, this is a good argument that the loot system is not like a slot machine. If it were, then there wouldn't be a need to keep the owners out. But with inside information, they could beat the system. Thus they can't play.

Digital Abduction Manager was the first guy who was there when all the uber scanners and other stuff, all high markup (ranging from +1k to +8k), started dropping... an affilitate of ND/RT.

This is reason enough to not only stop all planet owners from playing, but also their affiliates.

I am not saying that this is what happened, but a serious business man would take EVERY measure to make sure to not become subject to such speculations, for obvious reasons.

And seriously, i don't get why some guys still think it is unfair to restrict their ingame activities.

:banghead:

I'm sure you see the potential for exploitation.

Can you (or anyone) see a system that would be a compromise?

I think there could be valid compromises that would work to ensure the safety of the players while still providing the feedback that the game needs from World Builders who actually understand that the game is more than a canvas to build a pretty scenery in.

This is a dynamic game which is always changing. The changes need to be able to work seamlessly with the existing environment and systems.

The human factor is what takes these beautiful environments and concepts of systems and breaths life into them. They are the creators, but each of us and the way we interact plays just as important a role in what happens and how those environments and systems interact with each other. We seldom do what is expected from us and so there are often unexpected consequences from our interaction with systems that should theoretically worked one way, but now behave another.

Of course I understand the potential for exploitation. (crap i just accidentally added 'expliotation' to my dictionary :/ )
First I would like to say that the potential gain by exploitation by the developers is negligible in comparison to the bottom line of their finances.

Secondly it is my belief that it is not possible to provide a system to allow public use of Dev avatars to play the game without angering a number of vocal members of this forum regardless of how safe or 'legal' it was.

Even now when PPs aren't allowed to play they have decided to attack someone else with falsehoods or potential half truths. So if you mean compromise as something that would satisfy this forums vocal few, then no, I do not believe it is possible.

A start to a legitimate compromise working on reality though could be:

1. A set depo per time period. (this would teach them the same frustrations we have working with a limited budget, no loots, bad returns, etc...)
2. No Withdrawals. (they cant profit from the game)
3. A skill or profession cap. (maybe pro lvl 31, its plenty to max guns for most activities, but never enough to use old school weapons efficiently)
4. A toggle on their avatars which prevents discoveries. (all though this hasn't brought anyone ANY SIGNIFICANT monetary gain, it seems to be a part of what is upsetting people here)

The truth is that its all up to MA and maybe somewhat the PPs if they want to instigate change with them. We have no real influence on it.

gl and have fun,
narfi

ps. I just got 3 new blueprint discoveries. :)

When I said I won't allow this to become a "bash ND" thread, I was hoping folks would get the hint that it wasn't allowed to bash others as well.

I've asked for civility publicly
I've asked for civility privately
Strike three. Y'er out!

I think I love you, feel free to talk about armor all you want ;)

if they cant sell or trade item and have to tt every thing they loot and cant take money out of the game i dont see any problem them playing

the only problem whould be bying stuff at the auction

but if there avatar action are all recorded they can see if giving money away buy buying stuff

better to have some MA or other high up playing than having no one then they can see if there aNY problem need fixing

First I would like to say that the potential gain by exploitation by the developers is negligible in comparison to the bottom line of their finances.

Fair enough point... but it would only take one low level guy doing something slightly shady to really ruin a lot of trust in the system for ALL planet partners... can you imagine the mess if there ended up being legal conflict within our rinky-dink universe?

That being said, I could see see some form of heavily restricted gameplay like you described being doable.

This would be a tough thing to regulate. Is there really anyway to stop an official ava from giving away some secrets?? :scratch2:

the reality is: no.

some of us remember conner and the hat incident.

notwithstanding, any reasonable person likes to believe in ethics. we may fail, but it's best to try.

the reality is: no.

some of us remember conner and the hat incident.

notwithstanding, any reasonable person likes to believe in ethics. we may fail, but it's best to try.

Yep I agree. ;)

Back