FYI: Players Can't Stop Decrease in Sweat Value!!

c ) yes they use bandwidth, and I am sure MA accounts for that. Support cases even by depositing accounts are difficult to ge replies to, what makes you think they spend a large amount of time investigating these cases?

What makes you think they automatically discount those support cases? Whenever I see threads crying about "file a support case for this and that.." like a petition I cringe. There are actually real issues that should be dealt with in EU, not the price of sweat IMO. It is a free market, real cash economy. It is natural that the price of all things, including sweat, will naturally find a market price. All things in EU are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

So... support cases about the price of sweat take time away from actual cases that need support. That being said, demonstrate leadership and form a union. Lord knows there are enough crying threads on EF alone to form a large soc for it. Horde all your sweat and sell for your price. Not at easy as it sounds, but certainly you will determine if it is worth the trouble.

What makes you think they automatically discount those support cases? Whenever I see threads crying about "file a support case for this and that.." like a petition I cringe. There are actually real issues that should be dealt with in EU, not the price of sweat IMO. It is a free market, real cash economy. It is natural that the price of all things, including sweat, will naturally find a market price. All things in EU are only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

So... support cases about the price of sweat take time away from actual cases that need support. That being said, demonstrate leadership and form a union. Lord knows there are enough crying threads on EF alone to form a large soc for it. Horde all your sweat and sell for your price. Not at easy as it sounds, but certainly you will determine if it is worth the trouble.

congratulations on replying to one of my replies to another user and doing it out of context.

1. this isn't a whining thread, I would like to get valuable ideas from members of the EF community on things we could propose to MA that would help sweat retain its value.

2. this thread is a demonstration of leadership by trying to gather people together to collect ideas in a usable manner, opposed to the traditional... DON'T SELL YOUR SWEAT FOR LESS THAN X ped gig... which is an epic fail by design.

3. Maybe you should read a little to see what I am really saying before blindly putting in your two cents. i would appreciate if you would show some leadership yourself and contribute something valuable vs. putting words in my mouth.

btw.. petitions and proposals are similiar but not the same ^^ thanks.

congratulations on replying to one of my replies to another user and doing it out of context.

1. this isn't a whining thread, I would like to get valuable ideas from members of the EF community on things we could propose to MA that would help sweat retain its value.

2. this thread is a demonstration of leadership by trying to gather people together to collect ideas in a usable manner, opposed to the traditional... DON'T SELL YOUR SWEAT FOR LESS THAN X ped gig... which is an epic fail by design.

3. Maybe you should read a little to see what I am really saying before blindly putting in your two cents. i would appreciate if you would show some leadership yourself and contribute something valuable vs. putting words in my mouth.

btw.. petitions and proposals are similiar but not the same ^^ thanks.

I did not put any words in your mouth :rolleyes: Dont attach your ego to your position - this is just a game :laugh: I was commenting about your comment regarding support cases and if MA/FPC actually spent time on them. Are you now claiming you did not mention that...? I read the thread. Maybe you meant something else, but it looks like crying to me. Sweat is what sweat is. Nothing is going to change that.

I did not put any words in your mouth :rolleyes: Dont attach your ego to your position - this is just a game :laugh: I was commenting about your comment regarding support cases and if MA/FPC actually spent time on them. Are you now claiming you did not mention that...? I read the thread. Maybe you meant something else, but it looks like crying to me. Sweat is what sweat is. Nothing is going to change that.

Listen I would really like to avoid this becoming a flame thread, so to answer back to your new reply.

I think its pretty uncool to be taking shots at my ego. Wouldn't it be better to contribute something rather than criticize?

I also wasn't whining about time spent on support cases, instead i was debating a point made by another user about how much time every sweater takes up with their support case filings. I just don't believe the volumn of non deposit player support cases really taxes the MA help department. So you are clearly commenting on statements in which you didn't understand the context.

Yes I do agree there are more important matters than sweat. If this subject and goals of this thread are not of as much importance to you as another issue. Please spend time working on that issue instead of disrupting the thread. thanks

If there needs to be further debate of what is meant or what is being said please feel free to PM me. So we don't continue something in public that will cause problems.

Why is sweaters , sweating and its price important???!!!!!
I tell you why plp !!! :D
http://www.planetcalypso.com/home/
Remeber when first time come to that page and see the advertisement on the bigger part of that page free client ,no subscribiton ... and nowhere tell about must pay to play or similar. So that MA choice to draw plp to play here, so must give them something so they do not leave ,and in time when players start to like a game will depo money to faster advance in there favorite game :D .
And that`s why everything circle around the sweat. And that part MA look like forget and keep loosing players.

So when MA start advertise like this : Pay bigg money than a lot of similar mmorpg game around to have fun! Than no need sweater,better sweat price or how some new idea for sweating fun. (sweating is a torture aaaaaaaaaa) :rolleyes:

But we can chat here for fun and to make our heart a bit easier from anger becouse of gaming falling apart :( and wait that little time left for vu 10 to come out and see what happens. :D

PS: MA pls be smart becouse many paying player are on the end of there patience how i see in game and forum.

Haug i babling a bit.

If the premise of this thread is that MA needs to find a way to raise the price of sweat so new players get a fair chance to try out the game for free, then there is only one answer- Put the cap back on sweating. End of story. Anything else only encourages perpetual sweat farming. By the time your sweat gathering skill hits 250, you've had plenty of time to decide whether to deposit and stick around or not.

There is no quick fix...

There are several points I think we are missing here:

1. MA HAVE MADE EU ONLY TO PROFIT THEMSELVES. In order to profit, they must make it as difficlt as possible for anyone to profit off them. Sweating was only established as a means for people to try the game out, yet allowing the opportunity for people to make a profit from this activity, and beccome self-funding in the universe, which attracts noobs.
2. In order to keep the economy rolling, there is a need to have noobs to do the jobs the rest of us can't be bothered doing. If MA scared off noobs by making sweating HARDER, they wouldn't bother and would dissappear,never to return. Hence any restrictions/caps would be detremental to the economy.
3. In order to bring the sweat price up, something has got to give, whether it be the price of ME increasing, which people wouldn't like, or the price of Nexus dropping like a stone, making mining un-profitable, again making that un-popular. As it stands, ME using chips are un-economical (apart from TP chips) and so usage of ME is relatively low.
4. There will always be Middle-Men trying to make their two pecs on the price of sweat. Also, there will always be Bots/Glitches that are used to abuse the sweating system.

Okay, hopefully you have got all that...
And the points we have already ascertained:

-Sweating is only a FREE TRIAL, and MA only intend for it to continue as that, so it wouldn't be in their best interests to increase the price of sweat, unless if it was goning to cause more deposits to come in.
-MA know that making it harder to obtain sweat would only scare away potential new depositors, so its not in their best interests to make it harder.
-MA knows that ME isn't very attractive because of the eco of the chips, and MA knows that people will continue to deposit because so many people see ME as a necessary item, so its not in MA's interest to lower the price of ME, nor lower the price of Nexus.
-As far as middle-men go, there is no rules to stop them making a profit, after all, thats the backbone of this game. Bots and Glitches may be able to be ruled out, but probably not in the near future and once all these are out of play, then we may see at least some improvement.

So from all this we can understand that:
-Most methods of increasing sweat price are not in MA's interestes, so will not occur.
-There is no quick fix to the issue.
-Putting bots out of play would increase sweat price, but there is no quick fix.
-Additional ME using chips are likely and will increase sweat price, but will take time.
-Noobs forcing their way toward higher prices (i.e. a sweat strike) would only work as a temporary fix, but nothing permanent would prevail.
-Placing a Cap would increase the price, but will be un-popular with noobs and those just reaching that cap.
-Adding a value for sweat at TT only makes it harder for MA to profit off ME manufacturers, so MA won't do it.

All in all, we just have to hold on and hope that prices rise, but there is no garuntee that prices will rise to levels that everyone is expecting. At the best of times, prices may reach anaverage of .5, but that will be a long way off, so don't expect athing soon.

Last edited:
I would agree with almost every statement you just made. My only disagreement is the price of sweat, I know the reasons for why it is the price it is. But MA should find a way to return it to its value before several things that have occured, did occur to cause the un natural drop in sweat price.

Just returning it back to .5 would be enough, maybe not for some but I think it would be a huge step on MA's part to increasing the appeal of the game to bring more players back in.

I start around 2 month ago make a lot friends (beginers) and aded to fl 56 plp it is and just 2 left because bored of sweat and cant sell it. So make the calculations for yourself its a wery big and disturbing %.
Some say sweating is a trial part of the game, than the percentage is understandable, who wish to play a boring sweating game, nobody.When somebody try shooting and mining he will work on that to continue because that is fun so will deposit for that, but nobody will deposit just because try sweating and bored to dead. So when ask somebody that 54 plp who left is it worth to play eu they will say "stay a f*pip* away from that boring,time consuming,try to rob you game" .
Because have lot free game witch try to draw players with free play and later on when you advance a bit in game and start to like it go to be a best and than you need some deposit to buy better equipment.
Or lot games have monthly fee around 10-15 $ (i talk about mmorpg-s because i mostly take that part from other games) and i play some of that too. And i know for what i playing becouse i got much fun and joy.
And that the important thing what everyone of us searching fun and joy.
Mind Ark go for big money that is understandable. big project, big investment, big risk offcourse go for big money. For that need big investitors , but big fish go when many small fish is because there is much "food"(money)
can harvest.
So i not understand why ma killing his investment and scare away plp on start.
Sweat lol nobody can make money with that. Every big player here know , i am noob and i know that need 1000 bullet for 1 atrox 10 ped or 1 $. In one day hunt kill 1000 atrox or what ever creature out there or drop 1000 of probes and bombs. And lose ped on everything armor decay,bullets,faps, amp decay and i dont know on what more. And i or every other player who have fun with killing creatures will deposit for that. But not for sweating.
and this i can make go on and on and state the fact that everybody know ... or?!

Last edited:
5. Give sweat a tt value! - make sweat exchangable for 5 ped per 1k @ tt terminal

Downfall : MA would have to decide on a price in which it would not make it worth while for sweaters to sweat or rl profit.

They would also have to face the sweat glitch, which would be a good thing!

This cannot be. The whole idea of sweat to be freely gathered and sold is based on selling it to other players. They buy it from ped they deposited or earned within the system. Giving sweat such a high tt value would mean that MA would have to pay $0,50 for every 1k sweat presented at the tt-terminal.

Then it would be MA buying worthless pixels from it's customers instead of the customerts buying the pixels from them. not a very good business model imo :laugh:.
Same reason as why the oilrig doesn't give that much oil anymore as it did around the time when PE went gold. It's less now, and it's controlled. Just giving away $0,50 per 1k sweat is uncontrollable and there for not to be done.

Yes #5 has been discussed, and we see it can't work. Please read into the thread to avoid duplicated posts.

Back