Please fix and moderate the default chat channels (Rookie chat is a mess)

Semti

Old
Semti Nebka
Hey all

Has anyone noticed that Rookie chat is absolutely dominated by the same 4-5 names that basically just talk non-stop nonsense to themselves?

I can ignore them, but I imagine it's really offputting for newcomers.

Global chat channels are definitely good for the community, but maybe MA could create separate #world and #rookie chats by default, such that these few crazy egg heads aren't scaring away my future disciples and other newbies with their trash talk.

At the very least, let's have the in-game MA officials police #rookie chat (what else do these guys actually do, other than AFK, spam chat and wave at passers-by?)

Rookie is the fountain of knowledge, if not for it I would have never learned the truth about Earth's shape.

Yeh I like Rookie as it is. Means Entropia aint too lonely.

They should create another global chat, as people like talking to each other and it would make rookie less of a spamfest

Rookie is the fountain of knowledge, if not for it I would have never learned the truth about Earth's shape.
You do know that when they said it is a tetrahedrron they were joking right ?

No matter how many chats they would create, all the attention seekers would still go to the most populated one, especially populated with people who have just joined and don't have them on the ignore lists yet. Nothing can be done short of explicitly forbidding any offtopic and enforcing it by actual moderators, either of which MA seems to be reluctant to implement. There is no staff problem as the always present livesupport guys could do that effortlessly with 1% of their attention, and after the first week or two, there wouldn't be a need for even that. They just prefer to avoid direct actions, like they do with botting and other contradictory topics.

As for the "only newbies and mentors" limit then everyone and their pet is a "mentor" these days, and there are people with dozens of graduates who give nonsensical and harmful advice. And this can't be helped at all.

I think we should at least try the global chat idea, something has to change with rookie it no doubt harms player retention.

At the very least, let's have the in-game MA officials police #rookie chat (what else do these guys actually do, other than AFK, spam chat and wave at passers-by?)

This!

Back