Suggestion: Please fix unkickable society members

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
It has come to my attention that once a society holds land after a successful landgrab the members cannot be kicked. This makes sense while said society holds land, since members are guaranteed a share of income from land tax (seems fair) and allowing them to be kicked would provoke a lot of shady shenanigans.

The problem is that even after the society has long lost any land holdings those members still can't be kicked. Even worse, even if those players have not logged in for years or decades they still cannot be kicked.

This leads to zombie members in old socs, and there's nothing we can do about it. This makes no sense, seems like a huge bug and I think it should be fixed asap.

Before anyone asks, several support cases have been created over the years and the answer was always a crisp "no".

@Ludvig|MindArk @My|MindArk @Dennis|MindArk

Thank you.

It is just demotivating that you need to pull the weight of extra members just due to bug :( MA please fix this or find an easy workaround in case someone makes support case

Kaos Society is 12 years old now. We have no unkickable members. We have never needed to. If I have to ask them to leave, they will.

As for your request Angel, good luck. I read what the person said in your original support case.

Let's hope customer relations are given a higher priority in these non 'working from home' days. :)

Hm, I'll forward this thread and ask them to look into it.
While ur at it maybe this thread would be nice for them to see:

UE5 should have some of this implemented

Had this too in Silly Underground Family, 4-5 support cases made about this 7-8 years ago? They removed the players from soc after support case.

Guess prio = 0. Unreal will fix everything!

Kaos Society is 12 years old now. We have no unkickable members. We have never needed to. If I have to ask them to leave, they will.
I mean people can quit the game, die, etc.

I'ts not right, remove old inactive players from there soc and lets us go on.... whit new members :)

I mean people can quit the game, die, etc.

True, and I fully support True Juan's many idea's for society improvement. I wouldn't implement some of them myself but the option would be there.

None of it makes a :twocents: for Mindark and that is probably why nothing has been done. It is not a priority to let players from around the world work together in a more cohesive and structured manner.

I will settle for a uniform Entropia Universe interface right now as long as it wasn't the one presented to us in April 2021.

Because no one liked it. (n)

Any update on this, @Ludvig|MindArk?

We are several top societies who took part and spent good money in landgrabs back in the day, and now we are put on a disadvantage thanks to that. Not a particularly good look and way to treat your early spending customers.

Is it a philosophical question for you? Protecting the individual from evil soc management?

For example, we have a society member who quit the game and moved on with life almost ten years ago now. But we simply can't kick him because he was in soc when we held land in 2008. It's quite ridiculous.

Does this mean that these zombie society players has been able to reap tax revenue while they been hibernating all this time, assuming that the soc has owned other Land areas from landgrab while they were offline in their hibernation?

Why not delete the society and restart it?
Pain in the butt but easier than waiting several years for MA to fix it :banghead:

Pain in the butt but easier than waiting several years for MA to fix it :banghead:
Because it won't be the same soc, will it... I understand that this is what Holy Moly (Endgame?) Has been doing... But some docs were created before the original landgrabs, decades ago, which society information clearly shows... Having a soc decades old and still a top soc is something to be proud of, and recreating just feels bad.

Ma should be on top of this issue.

Does this mean that these zombie society players has been able to reap tax revenue while they been hibernating all this time, assuming that the soc has owned other Land areas from landgrab while they were offline in their hibernation?
Yes, most likely
otherwise it would be discrimination

Ma should be on top of this issue.
Long time ago...

Not only we are forced to do this for the inactive members several times a year, as a society that controls the LG LAs, we have to do it when getting new members as well, so they can have shared tax. It is a pain because we have to time it with events in LAs which we have to time it with other game events... It is sad, but we got used to the bug..

Easiest would be to have the soc leader/ soc seniors control this manually.

Last edited:
Long time ago...

Not only we are forced to do this for the inactive members several times a year, as a society that controls the LG LAs, we have to do it when getting new members as well, so they can have shared tax. It is a pain because we have to time it with events in LAs which we have to time it with other game events... It is sad, but we got used to the bug..

Easiest would be to have the soc leader/ soc seniors control this manually.
Wow, so it doesn't even update when new landgrab has taken place? This bug is even worse than I imagined. Incredible that it has kept being waved off as insignificant by MA for 20 years now.

It seems we never got that privilege...
Your Priorating seems to be not high enough... Maybe you deposited and lost not enough Money..... :unsure: Wish you much luck with this Problem. Nobody needs Zombie-Members......

Back